Dark Devil And Diesel Auto Grow

• Thread starter MissBotany
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
crimsonecho

crimsonecho

Self-Proclaimed Don Quixote
Supporter
Here is my ugly! These were all germinated at the same time. She’s the ugly one on the orange 5 gallon bucket.
Wow she is ugly :D but the others seems like they are doing well, nice job.

MissBotany

MissBotany

So far I think the diesel auto will be the largest yeilder. She takes longer to flower and stayed in veg too long (which in my opinion defeats the purpose of an auto), but Im a big fan of her structure and branching, a really beautiful plant.

A911565A 5855 4FDC B380 4928DF288737
MissBotany

MissBotany

Day 53.

Dark Devil auto should be ready to harvest the last week of August. The larger diesel still has another 4 weeks. The runt has longer.

Last picture is my diesel auto with the runt in the background.

7ECAEF22 E73B 41C5 97DF F9E3B0A5C808
F6313BD4 C8DB 4F92 966E 46FA1D29E779
E3AE3986 3AC8 4BEC 9CAB 38D4C8F2B241
E2AA939C 78A2 4FA7 ABD7 007EBF3BF710
MissBotany

MissBotany

I’m a big fan of the colorful phenos. Whenever I buy seeds I try to slip a few of the more colorful strains in. These happened to be freebies but if they are actually potent then they’ll be a regular in my grow rotation. There are a few more red strains I want to try. I’m also on a search for a true black strain, specifically a Vietnamese landrace.

MissBotany

MissBotany

We are still waiting to find out if work is relocating us to the south. Once these dark devil are harvested and I free up space in the flower tent, I am moving my photo periods that I started flowering in the veg tent into the flower tent. This means the diesel autos will finish flowering under 12/12.

Not starting anymore more grows until we know if we have to move.

MissBotany

MissBotany

Each day they get better looking! The sugar leaves are beginning to develop red pigment. Going to snip a small tester next week :)

Edit: Going to start reducing ppms during feed. I might sneak and open the a/c vent in the grow room this last week to really bring out the red. The husband made a big stink about how I made the office a freezer box so I’ve had to take it easy on the A/C.

B088986C C782 465A 84FD BF9FAA688D07
Last edited:
MissBotany

MissBotany

I decided to harvest the dark devil buds that were ready. The bottom buds are still on the plant and should be ready in the next week.

MissBotany

MissBotany

First picture: Dark Devil with a hair cut, took a little off the top :)

I chopped 10 total branches that were ready.

66AA3E90 3852 4930 B196 0F85A8A08ED8
E0C10444 A8B9 434F 8CB0 7BDF2F9B384F
5CE38BA5 FA81 4316 B88C A2617D41B05A
MissBotany

MissBotany

Because it’s so humid, yesterday I decided to cut the buds off the branches so they dry in time. Last grow, I left them on the branches and they took forever to dry and I ended up putting them in the curing jars too wet.

These feel dry to the touch and are almost ready for curing jars. I’d say two more days drying. I did weigh, and so far I got 79grams. I’ll probably double that once I harvest the rest of the dark Devil.

Reactions: Ina
MissBotany

MissBotany

The lower dark devil buds are almost finished ripening so I decided to experiment a little. I super cropped both plants and will harvest in about 5 days. Reason for super cropping: buds have already grown to their full potential and I could harvest anytime. I want to see if there is more trichome production...

MissBotany

MissBotany

I did a final weigh on the top buds before I put them in curing jars this morning. 51g dry. I lost a lot of water weight over the last 24 hours (79g semi wet to 51 grams dry).

MissBotany

MissBotany

We did a little experiment to figure out the effect of dark devil versus the stuff he’s had to buy. The stuff he’s been buying is an unknown strain and has had an unmotivating effect on him and very couch lock. So since my tolerance is so low he wanted me to tell him what the effects of both strains are. I started with the unknown strain. The unknown strain was indeed a body high and gave me serious couch lock. I also watched all of Spaceballs...Dark Helmet :) That’s 2 hours I will never regret. For me this was a great strain for anxiety, nighttime only. Probably an indica dominate strain. I actually named the unknown strain Spaceballs, after my new favorite movie:smoking:

Now on to the dark devil. If I were to guess what a Sativa dominant high was, this was definitely it. IMO, it’s not for anxiety. It gave me racing thoughts and actually increased my anxiousness. The full effects lasted for an hour and a half but lingered for a while longer. It was a very clear headed high, no couch lock, minimal munchies, you could work all day and be functional. The husband actually really likes dark devil for these reason. These seeds may be a regular in each grow.

Pic of dark devil before being put in the curing jars.

E5A55BBC EBF5 434F A8CB 5E4C3B2A0D62
MissBotany

MissBotany

Day 73.

My two RQS diesel autos.

The big one is almost done. Flowering under 12/12 with my photos. I cut a small tester maybe 1.5 weeks ago and it wasn’t ready at all. Husband smoked a gram of the tester with minimal effect. I just cut off another gram for the husband to test. Should be dry enough to test in a few days. Hopefully it’s almost ready.

The runt is still flowering flowering under my hlg qb65 4000k and on 18/6. She still has maybe 3-4 weeks left to flower. These are going to be harvested well past the breeder lifecycle of 8-9 weeks.

AE83C1F3 8BA1 489A 9068 A43430A1E66F
15413150 6475 40B5 9267 A3277213F84A
Ina

Ina

Dark devil looks amazing!Wonderful colors!I also like "the ugly one":)So your husband is your tester?:)Like mine:)Is he helping or just smoking?:)

MissBotany

MissBotany

Dark devil looks amazing!Wonderful colors!I also like "the ugly one":)So your husband is your tester?:)Like mine:)Is he helping or just smoking?:)

I grow, he smokes. I actually prefer very high CBD, very low THC strains like Dinfem’s dinamed CBD.

I’m keeping notes on each strain I grow like effects, duration per half gram smoked, and yield so I can look back to figure out which strain is the best medication for him. So far dark devil works the best for him but I have 5 different photoperiod strains flowering right now so we’ll see how those work for him!

Top Bottom