Dark green leaves with shine coming in.

• Thread starter Dano110
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
D

Dano110

I've read that dark green shining leaves are nitrogen abundant. These are in fox farm ocean forest, the leaves seem dark with some shine coming. They are almost 1 month old. I've added nothing but water. Low ec,ppm and 6.8 ph or lower. Am I ok, or should I need to do something for them?

Dark green leaves with shine coming in
Dark green leaves with shine coming in 2
PotsieSativa

PotsieSativa

Glossy bluegray plants with hotdog colored petioles are the result of making too much photosynthate and not moving it where it needs to go. I wish nutrient companies would sever their ties with the pesticide industry and sell a 2 part product that will stop confusing growers and ruining plants. Part 1: photosynthesis, part 2:translocation. It would solve all the problems. And that's why it doesn't exist. People are afraid of P and have P deficiency anyway. They cause problems with calcium and attribute it to nitrogen and add more calcium. They get lock out sulfur and add iron to fix it. Whoever taught the grow community in the 80s might have known what they were talking about but it's been completely lost in translation since then.

Nitrogen doesn't burn your tips, it restricts potassium and boron in the tips. But so does calmag. Calmag is more popular now since any cannabis grow info has been updated. There's no distinction. The stoner solution back then was to attack the obvious, the deficiency, and not worry whether it's calcium or Nitrate or magnesium that's restricting phosphorus boron manganese zinc etc etc. But today there are apparently zero fertilizers designed to make sense. People are dimming their lights because they make too much photosynthate, and don't move it out of the solar panels fast enough. It's like doing burnouts instead of getting down the drag strip. Cannabis does not need or want to be grown like an ornamental tree. Grow it like a tomatoe vine. All those sugars and acids and vitamins need moved to the fruit. I've been reversing "nitrogen claw" with boric acid for 30 years. It doesn't make sense to worry about the perp and ignore the victim.

D

Dano110

Glossy bluegray plants with hotdog colored petioles are the result of making too much photosynthate and not moving it where it needs to go. I wish nutrient companies would sever their ties with the pesticide industry and sell a 2 part product that will stop confusing growers and ruining plants. Part 1: photosynthesis, part 2:translocation. It would solve all the problems. And that's why it doesn't exist. People are afraid of P and have P deficiency anyway. They cause problems with calcium and attribute it to nitrogen and add more calcium. They get lock out sulfur and add iron to fix it. Whoever taught the grow community in the 80s might have known what they were talking about but it's been completely lost in translation since then.

Nitrogen doesn't burn your tips, it restricts potassium and boron in the tips. But so does calmag. Calmag is more popular now since any cannabis grow info has been updated. There's no distinction. The stoner solution back then was to attack the obvious, the deficiency, and not worry whether it's calcium or Nitrate or magnesium that's restricting phosphorus boron manganese zinc etc etc. But today there are apparently zero fertilizers designed to make sense. People are dimming their lights because they make too much photosynthate, and don't move it out of the solar panels fast enough. It's like doing burnouts instead of getting down the drag strip. Cannabis does not need or want to be grown like an ornamental tree. Grow it like a tomatoe vine. All those sugars and acids and vitamins need moved to the fruit. I've been reversing "nitrogen claw" with boric acid for 30 years. It doesn't make sense to worry about the perp and ignore the victim.
I haven't much experience with nutrients, I typically just let things grow, but I want to learn to use a correct fix if something is going wrong. I have Fox Farm Grow Big, Big Bloom and Tiger Bloom on hand. I haven't used any as of yet. They seem to be really growing well at the moment. So I'm holding off on any nutrients.

N1ghtL1ght

N1ghtL1ght

Staff
Supporter
Never heard of S-lockout. And Boron behaves like a passive nute element because boric acid is a very mild acid, it engages only in very few chemical reactions.

The purple stems and esp. when the mainstalk gets this foxed green-purple stripes it's anthocyans spillover when actually other systems have been slowed down, e.g. in P-def.

D

Dano110

Never heard of S-lockout. And Boron behaves like a passive nute element because boric acid is a very mild acid, it engages only in very few chemical reactions.

The purple stems and esp. when the mainstalk gets this foxed green-purple stripes it's anthocyans spillover when actually other systems have been slowed down, e.g. in P-def.
The back plant has alot of purple leaves stems, the stalk also has purple stripes. It's older and was started in earth soil. The 2 front are my main concern.

N1ghtL1ght

N1ghtL1ght

Staff
Supporter
The back plant has alot of purple leaves stems, the stalk also has purple stripes. It's older and was started in earth soil. The 2 front are my main concern.
Your plants are happy just let them grab all the minerals in the soil and then prepare to fertilize at the right time when they start to brighten up

R

ritoMox

I don't recall people babying their plants in the 80's. In fact, it was the complete opposite of what I see people doing today.

Last edited:
Top Bottom