Dark Green/Purple Spots Co2 Grow

• Thread starter Chubsbudz
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
C

Chubsbudz

Hey guys! Thanks in advance! Quick rundown on my setup.
5x5 gorilla
1000watt co2 pro Photontek with controller
Dual hose Portable AC inside the tent
Very large dehumidifier,
Hydro-x environment controller,

So this is my second run with this set up and 3rd ever. The first run with this setup was ruined by a bad soil batch of Forest Fox Ocean Forest. The soil in the first bag I opened and used looked nothing like the second and the ph of the soil would NOT come above 5.0.
This run I have used the second bag, mixed with some local soil and pirlite. They have been under the photon set at 200watts until 2days ago now when I kicked the co2 up to 1500ppm and the light to 400watts. I have been lightly misting around the base of the plant about once a day, however I did give them a good watering yesterday to make sure I had some run off. I set the temp of the tent to 86F. However for some reason it jumps at least 6F each way now as it kicks the ac on and off, but stays below 95.
Anyway, this morning (starting week 3) I noticed some slight dark green spots on 3 of my girls. It is also definitely showing very purple looking on the brand new growth of the Bruce Banner#2. These 3 have not yet been transplanted and I had set on a bucket, plant top 15 inches from the light.
The first plant I noticed it on I also could see the day before that it was becoming somewhat droopy, and curling.
The ph of the soil on all 6 plants was between 5.8-6.1 on all plants.
What do you guys think this is? Are they using more phosphorus because of the increased production and light intensity? Are they just too close to the light and have too much intensity? I just now am seeing a tap root on the bottom of the cups ( slightly larger than solo cups) so is this an issue of not having transplanted yet? When I transplanted the other 3-about 5-6 days ago, the soil did not hold together well at all and the roots had definitely not filled out the cup. I was seriously worried about transplant shock as it seemed like a very rough transplant. But I saw absolutely no signs of it in any of them, thank fucking god…
I have lowered all 3 plants that were effected to the floor of the tent 28-30 inches from the light.
3 Strains, 3- Bruce Banner, 2-Zkittelzs, One GirlScoutCookies, all from ILGM. The GSC is about 1 week older than the other 5.
They had all been on a strict filtered water diet with nothing added, however I fed the GSC, and both Zkittlez a 1/4 dose of Canna Terra, Rhyzotonic, and Cannazyme. It appears Zkittlez #1 has some nut burn from this yes? The other 2 seemed to have loved it.
Srry if that was a lot. Thanks for the help!

Dark greenpurple spots co2 grow
Dark greenpurple spots co2 grow 2
Dark greenpurple spots co2 grow 3
Dark greenpurple spots co2 grow 4
Dark greenpurple spots co2 grow 5
Dark greenpurple spots co2 grow 6
Dark greenpurple spots co2 grow 7
Dark greenpurple spots co2 grow 8
C

Chubsbudz

Also RH 60-70% Daytime temp 78-92, Night temp 75F, light schedule 20-4.

Observationist

Observationist

People do 1500ppm co2 towards end of flower…..not first few weeks…afaik

Last edited:
CookiesLikeWhoa

CookiesLikeWhoa

So I went through something very similar with a CO2 grow as well, running 1500 PPM on the CO2. My first three weeks of growth was just obscene. I had all the plants topped 4 times by 24 days and was able to even take cuts for clones...then the problems started.

For me it was just simply pushing them plants wayyyy too hard and watering issues. My watering technique wasn't good because I started in 5 gallon fabric pots and I can't water well enough to start out in a pot that big for soil.

Long story short, moved the plants to another tent without CO2, dropped the light to 450 PPFD and dropped the temps to low 80's and RH at 60% and finally got my watering back on point. Plants look amazing now. They were stunted for 3 weeks due to my error though.

CookiesLikeWhoa

CookiesLikeWhoa

Maybe? 20lb tank lasts 2-3 weeks in my tent. It's sealed with it exhausting only went temps hit over 90 or humidity gets to high, but the lung room is AC'ed and has a De-humidifier running. I keep it at .5 cubic feet/min. Only takes like 30 seconds to fill the tent up to 1250 PPM.

freezeland2

freezeland2

Maybe? 20lb tank lasts 2-3 weeks in my tent. It's sealed with it exhausting only went temps hit over 90 or humidity gets to high, but the lung room is AC'ed and has a De-humidifier running. I keep it at .5 cubic feet/min. Only takes like 30 seconds to fill the tent up to 1250 PPM.
I run a Gorilla tent and even though it is well constructed I don’t see how the co2 wouldn’t quickly leak out. All the vent closures have draw strings but you can never close them completely. They just don’t draw up that tight. Glad it’s working for you though. I also have a flower room that I could run co2, but I just haven’t set it up for that. Years ago I did, but for me growing for myself now it just isn’t worth the work to set it up and added expense of feeding it.

HaveApuff

HaveApuff

You are wasting your CO2 at this point of your grow. Read the following chart to help:

Also, your lights look to be either to close or to intense. Raise your lights or dim them back. to much light for these young girls.

Last edited:
Aqua Man

Aqua Man

@HaveApuff is exactly right and I’ll briefly explain why. Just so you are aware i grow with co2 also.

the increase in growth from co2 you see is directly related to total leaf surface area, overall transpiration rates and the stomatal openings.

The % increase in photosynthesis is what makes the essentially grow faster.

Say you have a 20% increase in growth it means next to nothing on a plant with a few leaves. For an easy way to visualize. Think of overall photosynthesis. The total leaf surface area is detimines the total light capture the driving force in photosynthesis , the total leaf surface area determines the total gas exchange capturing co2 for use in photosynthesis.

The increase from co2 is a % based increase and since you have cery little overall photosynthesis on a plant with 3 leaves with a 20% increase in growth makes almost no difference. While a plant with 500 or more leaves it makes a massive difference.

For simplification lets just put some fake numbers to it. Each leaf provides 1 unit of energy from photosynthesis per day.

This energy is what the plant uses for growth by capturing photons and converting them into enegy sources the plants needs to grow

A plant with 3 leaves will give 3 units of energy and with co2 giving a 20% increase that equates to a net gain of 0.6 units of energy.

A plant with 500 leaves will give 500 units of energy and with co2 giving a 20% increase that equates to a net gain of 100 units of energy a day.

Both the same % of increase but EXTREMELY different gains by comparison … 0.6 vs 100

very simplistic answer but hope it helps you visualize what and why @HaveApuff said

Last edited:
Aqua Man

Aqua Man

I have read most everywhere it gives a 100% increase in growth rate up to 1500ppm after like week 2, all the way to the end of flower.
Do you run Co2? And if so how much are you doing, and when.
Its up 30% increase which can be a lot or a little depending on your skills to maximize photosynthesis as a grower

Top Bottom