"Dark Harvest"

• Thread starter Hood Dr 313
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
H

Hood Dr 313

What up farm fam! I heard bout a lil harvest trick turning the light out for up to 36 hrs right before harvest to supposedly trick the plant into thinking its dying and increase resin production anybody ever tried this? what were your results?

F

FastForward

I'm about to do the same....48 hours darkness pre-chop. I'm told it stresses the plant a bit more to make it squeeze out some more trichs, and also makes the weed taste better if you chop it straight after the dark cycle for hanging. I think quite a few farmers around here do it...

B

boxmunch9

I did it by mistake, I had a plant fall off the table 4x8 and i didnt notice it until i was cleaning my room a week later. The crystals popped like crazy, it is no more potent thou but the crystal get a ultra bright glitter to them. We just tried it at my girls room and it didnt make a different in crystals, so i would try half your room and compare. it also has something to do with a dry medium. interested to hear what other peoplle think

J

jdubz206

i tried it a couple of times and noticed no difference so i stopped.

H

Hood Dr 313

jdubz i'm wit you bro just tried it for 36 hrs and the look no different than when I turned the light out

B

boxmunch9

did your medium go bone dry? I think it might be that and not so much the light.

H

Hood Dr 313

naw bm mine did not dry out maybe thats what it is then let it dry out i'll try it on my next run

J

jdubz206

yeah i let em get bone dry...i took the soil out of the container 3 days before harvest when i tried this...i tried it again with the soil wet to see if it made any difference..like hood dr said, couldn't tell the difference from lights off to lights on..then again, these plants were already coated in massive amounts of resin..i couldn't really see the possibility of any more trichomes being added on :D

B

bon

Premium Member
Supporter
watch out, i've done this once, and i ended up with alot of nanners and some seeds... None to be seen before the 48h darkness... Had this with my sugaree's...

cheers

M

MBlive420

Too much dark will cause the THC to degrade and the effect becomes couch lock and not cerebral. Also, Always pick before lights come on in the morning. I always done 36 -48 darkness during the end of the flowering cycle. It really sqeezes out the globs of goo. It also changes THC Compositions too ie: CBC's and CBN's. So, Be Carefully.It will change Indica's into freaking Morphine. Complete and utterly couch lock! Try it with Sativa Doms to speed them up into finishing quicker and balancing out the buzz.

A

arpege

the only real difference I noticed was some new pistils on certain strains

C

cway

Man I tried this once and no diffrence... Medium was bone dry ... Did find couple fresh Nanners but no seeds..

J

John Ditchweed

if you found seeds they had to be some pollen way before the lights went off as it takes 30 days or so depending on strain to make ripe seeds

Latest posts

Top Bottom