Dark purple stalk / stems? - LOS newbie

• Thread starter RiverCityCBD
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
RiverCityCBD

RiverCityCBD

Hey farmers,

New to living soils and having issues with purple stalks and stems. They have lost there green colour and soft / bendable nature and are very stiff / hardwood like. Also displaying a wide variety of nutrient-deficient signs on leaves.

They were only on week 3 of veg and started strong, no issues.

Using BlueSky soil - link below

Watering with RO in general or could it be a dirty filter / membrane ?
I’ve read about it commonly being a Cal / Mag issue but thought this pricey soil would have that covered.
Maybe switch to a Small boy w KDF?

and let’s the girls eat minerals from the tap water?

Looked at roots, can’t see much but have ordered a Dynalite to scope for soil mites.

Only else I can think of would be a VPD issue maybe? Humidity has been low / a struggle ( dry climate Alberta, Canada ) .

Lost.
Any ideas would be greatly appreciated.
Thank you

Dark purple stalk  stems   los newbie
Dark purple stalk  stems   los newbie 2

TaimerPots

TaimerPots

Hey farmers,

New to living soils and having issues with purple stalks and stems. They have lost there green colour and soft / bendable nature and are very stiff / hardwood like. Also displaying a wide variety of nutrient-deficient signs on leaves.

They were only on week 3 of veg and started strong, no issues.

Using BlueSky soil - link below

Watering with RO in general or could it be a dirty filter / membrane ?
I’ve read about it commonly being a Cal / Mag issue but thought this pricey soil would have that covered.
Maybe switch to a Small boy w KDF?

and let’s the girls eat minerals from the tap water?

Looked at roots, can’t see much but have ordered a Dynalite to scope for soil mites.

Only else I can think of would be a VPD issue maybe? Humidity has been low / a struggle ( dry climate Alberta, Canada ) .

Lost.
Any ideas would be greatly appreciated.
Thank you

View attachment 949515View attachment 949516
Check the temperature, low temperatures can cause the plant and flowers to purple, if it's too low like low 60 to mid 50 your growth will slow down a lot

Formallyhap

Formallyhap

Did you put mulch on top or is there that much wood in that soil?

I am leaning PH, top dress with some lime. Just wood like that on top will mess with PH

they are awfully stretchy to be 3 weeks in veg, what's your lighting? UV can make stuff purple too.

Top Bottom