dark rooms

• Thread starter tiedye611
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
tiedye611

tiedye611

was thinking of getting a dr120 can any one tell me what they think of them and what kind of lighting / venting i should look into
thanks
Tie

Z

Zoolander

Premium Member
Supporter
I use a DR120 for veg and love it , Are you gonna veg and flower in it ?

tiedye611

tiedye611

yea zoo, since i have moderate needs and im only planning on doing this for personal consumption i was thinking i would do both veg and flower in the same tent. i was looking at the MH/HPS combo light systems, how many plants do you estimate i can fit in the tent ect..
tie

Z

Zoolander

Premium Member
Supporter
It depends on how big ya want them to get but under a 600 I'd say 8 nice females in 2 gallon pots with your goal to get 2 oz's per plant of grade A bud would mean 1 primo pound:rock

tiedye611

tiedye611

that sounds great zoo, do you think i should invest into the mh/hps combo, what ligting are you into?

Z

Zoolander

Premium Member
Supporter
I think that's a great plan , I just use the Galaxy 600 digital ballast with Hortilux bulbs and love them . I've ran 3 galaxy ballast for around 2 years and never one problem

tiedye611

tiedye611

thank you for the info zoo, one more Question my man. how big of a vent fan are yo using?
and do you find you need additional air intake or do you allow passive air intake.
thank you again for all your help!
tie

Z

Zoolander

Premium Member
Supporter
I've never used intake and just count on my exhaust to pull in enough air , I run a 4 inch Vortex for veg but in my preflower tent I run a 6 inch and that thing works awesome in the 4 x 4 . I'd say go with a 6 inch and the aircooled 600 and that will be killer . If you have the funds also get a 8 bulb 4 foot set of T 5's for veg to help cut your power and run cooler in veg , it's nice and easy to swap out your lights when it comes time to flower .

tiedye611

tiedye611

yea zoo that sounds great i think im going to plane on buying the dr120 with 6oo watt hps air cooled for flowering the T 5's for veg with of course the 6" venter!
wow can wait to get it all together and set her up!!

40AmpstoFreedom

If I get time in the next couple of days I'll do a healthy contribution to this thread pics and all. I love the DR tents and I am about to buy 2 more run a 150 currently.

Real busy where I am at but just wanted to give my opinion on them.

Top Bottom