Day 16 autos deficiencies or fine??

• Thread starter Cheech777
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
C

Cheech777

So today starts day 16 for these 3 girls. I was wondering if anybody can help with finding anything wrong with them. The west coast og from fast buds is the girl that is prospering the most, while the peanut butter cookies is smaller and is lighter in yellow and muchacha is smaller and darker green with lighter yellow edges. Currently growing in 5 gal of promix hp under tsw2000 around 55-60% 24/0. I’m running remo nutrients. I started to feed very lightly on the 18th (day 10) of .5ml micro and .75ml velokelp in .5 gallon of water phd to 6.0, split among 3 plants. Did a 2nd feed of the same 3 days after when they felt light. This next feed probably today or tomorrow as they are already starting to feel lighter, I will increase to 1 gallon of water mixed in 1.9ml micro, 1ml grow, 1.9ml velokelp. Any help/suggestions would be great. Thanks

Day 16 autos deficiencies or fine
Day 16 autos deficiencies or fine 2
Day 16 autos deficiencies or fine 3
Day 16 autos deficiencies or fine 4
Day 16 autos deficiencies or fine 5
Day 16 autos deficiencies or fine 6
Ponky

Ponky

1 gallon of water is half the amount of water they need per watering.

Over watering = watering again while the roots are still wet.

It's not referring to too much water at once.

If the media isn't thoroughly saturated properly the roots won't grow as well as they can. And the inside of the media will have pockets that won't absorb moisture properly.

I suspect your issues are related to watering habits. Fully and consistently saturate the media each time you water. No in between surface splash. Just fully water when it's time. Until water runs out of the pot.

C

Cheech777

1 gallon of water is half the amount of water they need per watering.

Over watering = watering again while the roots are still wet.

It's not referring to too much water at once.

If the media isn't thoroughly saturated properly the roots won't grow as well as they can. And the inside of the media will have pockets that won't absorb moisture properly.

I suspect your issues are related to watering habits. Fully and consistently saturate the media each time you water. No in between surface splash. Just fully water when it's time. Until water runs out of the pot.
You recommend I run 2 gal per plant every time I feed now? Seems like a lot this early. I’ll water to run off this next feed and see how much that will require. How much runoff should I go for?

NorthernOrganics

NorthernOrganics

You need to saturate the whole pot. Don't think about only giving what you think the plant will uptake. The roots will only venture into moist medium. If you don't saturate the whole pot, your roots won't grow and the plants will suffer.

Ponky

Ponky

You recommend I run 2 gal per plant every time I feed now? Seems like a lot this early. I’ll water to run off this next feed and see how much that will require. How much runoff should I go for?
No. I'm saying 2 gallons is the minimum amount it takes usually. And that you need to water until the old salts start coming out with the new runoff. Full saturate the media until water is running out. And wait until it's dry but not limping to water again. Like a greenhouse does it. They stick the wand in. And hold it for a 3 count once they see water coming out. Keep salt from building up. And keep the media evenly saturated and healthy.

C

Cheech777

You need to saturate the whole pot. Don't think about only giving what you think the plant will uptake. The roots will only venture into moist medium. If you don't saturate the whole pot, your roots won't grow and the plants will suffer.
Got it. Now I think maybe I have been under watering them. Normally when do you start to water to run off? They say in the beginning you should use bare minimum of spraying the top to keep it moist until root develops.

C

Cheech777

No. I'm saying 2 gallons is the minimum amount it takes usually. And that you need to water until the old salts start coming out with the new runoff. Full saturate the media until water is running out. And wait until it's dry but not limping to water again. Like a greenhouse does it. They stick the wand in. And hold it for a 3 count once they see water coming out. Keep salt from building up. And keep the media evenly saturated and healthy.
Thank you man will go about it like this for now on

Ponky

Ponky

Got it. Now I think maybe I have been under watering them. Normally when do you start to water to run off? They say in the beginning you should use bare minimum of spraying thep to keep it moist until root develops.
Everytime I water it's to runoff. There's a reason a watering can is 2 gallons usually. It's basically meant for the 5 gallon pot or basket. Even when I transplant clones i water the pot. Put it under the light to equalize temperature and then I plant the clone. Everytime. No spot watering ever.

Ponky

Ponky

Also since those are clothes bags they can be put on a pot stand which I like a little grate to let air flow under the pot. I use a small shop vacuum to suck up any excess water. But the nursery pots I have are already designed to keep the bottom of the pot out of the run off. You will have excess water to remove.

C

Cheech777

Everytime I water it's to runoff. There's a reason a watering can is 2 gallons usually. It's basically meant for the 5 gallon pot or basket. Even when I transplant clones i water the pot. Put it under the light to equalize temperature and then I plant the clone. Everytime. No spot watering ever.
2 gallons exactly and I got runoff yesterday. Thanks for the info. What do you ph to in promix hp? I read 6.0 and others say 6.5.

Ponky

Ponky

2 gallons exactly and I got runoff yesterday. Thanks for the info. What do you ph to in promix hp? I read 6.0 and others say 6.5.
Just water. No PH. I use maxigrow and maxibloom. When you mix those with my tap water you get around PH 6.0. But for the most part ProMix doesn't need PH adjustment. Water and powder mineral nutrients is just as good or better than the potion and concoctions I used to mix up spending all sorts of time and money. ProMix is a premium commercial grade product. So in my opinion less is more. No PH adjustment. I think its buffered.

C

Cheech777

Just water. No PH. I use maxigrow and maxibloom. When you mix those with my tap water you get around PH 6.0. But for the most part ProMix doesn't need PH adjustment. Water and powder mineral nutrients is just as good or better than the potion and concoctions I used to mix up spending all sorts of time and money. ProMix is a premium commercial grade product. So in my opinion less is more. No PH adjustment. I think its buffered.
I may have to try those nutes down the line. My well water ph is 8.1 and only comes down to 7.9 after mixing in the nutes, so I’ve been phing down to 6. Do you think I should use calmag since the plant looks a little light yellow or will the nutes start to make them look healthier? Some say do it some say don’t if you have well water.

Moshmen

Moshmen

I may have to try those nutes down the line. My well water ph is 8.1 and only comes down to 7.9 after mixing in the nutes, so I’ve been phing down to 6. Do you think I should use calmag since the plant looks a little light yellow or will the nutes start to make them look healthier? Some say do it some say don’t if you have well water.
What’s the ppm of your well water ? Ppm will get ya close if wanna get right down to it you can get it tested - if ya can get the ppm we work with it

Ponky

Ponky

Your well water should be affected by the local geology. Your region may or may not have sufficient calcium. You might be able to find a ground water analysis from a well company website near you. Simply adding Cal Mag isn't the answer to yellowing.

GNick55

GNick55

Staff
Supporter
i use promix hp and never ph,ec,ppm anything, no clue what’s in my water etc.
i never water to run off with promix hp, i use organic nutrients, botanicare or gaia green, but if you use a synthetic nutrient than you have to ph etc..
the methods above from other members is also great advice.
getting the bags on something to allow for airflow underneath is important..

C

Cheech777

What’s the ppm of your well water ? Ppm will get ya close if wanna get right down to it you can get it tested - if ya can get the ppm we work with it
I’ll take a sample to get tested tomorrow. I will let you know the results

C

Cheech777

i use promix hp and never ph,ec,ppm anything, no clue what’s in my water etc.
i never water to run off with promix hp, i use organic nutrients, botanicare or gaia green, but if you use a synthetic nutrient than you have to ph etc..
the methods above from other members is also great advice.
getting the bags on something to allow for airflow underneath is important..
I have them sitting on pot stands. Do you find better results with organic? I’m new to this so learning as I go along. All the information helps and is appreciated

GNick55

GNick55

Staff
Supporter
I have them sitting on pot stands. Do you find better results with organic? I’m new to this so learning as I go along. All the information helps and is appreciated
all ways of growing are good, you’ll just have to get through a couple grows with your stuff to get things dialed in nicely..

C

Cheech777

all ways of growing are good, you’ll just have to get through a couple grows with your stuff to get things dialed in nicely..
Yeah for sure, One thing I noticed is that I could've packed the medium a little better. After the first real watering, it set and theres room for more. Do you think I should add more or leave as is?

Top Bottom