Day 17 Autoflower, day 4 of pre flowers, what should I do?

• Thread starter Weedwatcher1
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
W

Weedwatcher1

I still don’t smell anything, it’s getting about an inch taller day by day but I don’t see any real bud development, what should I do?
The light bulb is reallly hot, it’s over 90 degrees at the bottom of the tent but I have 4 flaps open and a fan blowing. Should I cut the fan leaves off blocking the later branches, and the small new growths at their bottom? Should I raise the light 6 inches? Keep feeding vegetative nutrients? How much will I yield, can I expect 5 grams? It’s definitely getting bigger I guess this is the stretch, and I’ve been to town on fem plants pruning but didn’t have this much heat from a 400w HPS. It’s now 10 inches tall, 2 days ago it was 8 inches. The top may be wanting to bend over from the heat and I straighten it.

Day 17 autoflower day 4 of pre flowers what should i do
Day 17 autoflower day 4 of pre flowers what should i do 2
Day 17 autoflower day 4 of pre flowers what should i do 3
Day 17 autoflower day 4 of pre flowers what should i do 4
Day 17 autoflower day 4 of pre flowers what should i do 5
Imzzaudae

Imzzaudae

Hello and welcome to the farm.
Please watch this video. This will help you sort out light height.

It's hard to say without feeling your plant. Do you think you could let her dry out a bit, pull the main stalk over with a hair ribbon and tie it down without breaking it? A nice long arch to 90 deg a little every day if you have to. This would help keep the canopy nice and even. Down out of the lights.

You could also pull the branches out from under the main canopy and tie them in place. Be gentle! Do not risk snapping a branch off. Keep the lines out 3/4 of the branch so it has a nice round bend. This is all I would suggest that you do as far as manipulating the plant at this time.

Fan leaves are food collectors. If you can tuck them under or move a branch into light do so rather than cutting off leaves at this time. For the most part your plant looks really great. Keep feeding her what you have been feeding her. Do not change anything until you see well formed bud sights. She will be super hungry until buds are well set.

What are you feeding her now?
How much. How often.
Do you have a bloom booster formula available when she is ready. What is it? It will be 2 or 3 weeks yet before you need it I think.

I'm thinking you have a monster that is just getting started on your hands. This thing is about to explode and fill your tent up for you. Oh ya you will get an oz or more. Just depends.
I'm so exited I can hardly stand it. Really.

I'm thinking your light needs to be at least 24" above the top of your plant. Let her stretch up to the light!
As for heat. Open the tent floor vents and run the evacuation fan up top when the light is on to get the heat down around 80 deg F.

Don't do this yet. I just want to share this video with you now so I don't forget later.
Watch it a few times. We can talk about it later k. Skip ahead to 8 min.
Strip to the tip.
Defoliate correctly +8min- YouTube

Last edited:
W

Weedwatcher1

I have some string and I saw someone using little clips idk what they are called, it’s rag tag or sloppy but will hold the lowest 4 later branches down and out to the side a bit for now. I was hoping that it would finish at around 18-20 inches tall with 14-28 grams. 10 would be fine for now. LED is expensive upfront and has 50,000 hours of life 5 year warranty, and it good in summer but not so good in the winter. Although I have since got a good oscillating heater. It’s definitely stunted by the heat but leaves are very lush and healthy from organic from hot soil.

W

Weedwatcher1

I have some string and I saw someone using little clips idk what they are called, it’s rag tag or sloppy but will hold the lowest 4 later branches down and out to the side a bit for now. I was hoping that it would finish at around 18-20 inches tall with 14-28 grams. 10 would be fine for now. LED is expensive upfront and has 50,000 hours of life 5 year warranty, and it good in summer but not so good in the winter. Although I have since got a good oscillating heater. It’s definitely stunted by the heat but leaves are very lush and healthy from organic from hot soil.

Imzzaudae

Imzzaudae

Yes. Just what it needed.
The ones you tied down will turn up to the light over a few days and be very happy.
The plant does not care about fancy clips and ribbons. I just drill holes in the pot and garden string as well.

I'm thinking you have a real nice little plant. In a couple more weeks it will really start to shine.
Will keep an eye.

W

Weedwatcher1

Hello and welcome to the farm.
Please watch this video. This will help you sort out light height.

It's hard to say without feeling your plant. Do you think you could let her dry out a bit, pull the main stalk over with a hair ribbon and tie it down without breaking it? A nice long arch to 90 deg a little every day if you have to. This would help keep the canopy nice and even. Down out of the lights.

You could also pull the branches out from under the main canopy and tie them in place. Be gentle! Do not risk snapping a branch off. Keep the lines out 3/4 of the branch so it has a nice round bend. This is all I would suggest that you do as far as manipulating the plant at this time.

Fan leaves are food collectors. If you can tuck them under or move a branch into light do so rather than cutting off leaves at this time. For the most part your plant looks really great. Keep feeding her what you have been feeding her. Do not change anything until you see well formed bud sights. She will be super hungry until buds are well set.

What are you feeding her now?
How much. How often.
Do you have a bloom booster formula available when she is ready. What is it? It will be 2 or 3 weeks yet before you need it I think.

I'm thinking you have a monster that is just getting started on your hands. This thing is about to explode and fill your tent up for you. Oh ya you will get an oz or more. Just depends.
I'm so exited I can hardly stand it. Really.

I'm thinking your light needs to be at least 24" above the top of your plant. Let her stretch up to the light!
As for heat. Open the tent floor vents and run the evacuation fan up top when the light is on to get the heat down around 80 deg F.

Don't do this yet. I just want to share this video with you now so I don't forget later.
Watch it a few times. We can talk about it later k. Skip ahead to 8 min.
Strip to the tip.
Defoliate correctly +8min- YouTube
It’s about 11 or 11 1/2 inches tall, in a couple of days will be 24 inches from the light. I water every other day, have given it half of the fox farm nutrient trio twice every other watering, should I not be feeding it yet, you saying that when it gets to 24 inches from the light to raise the light how much? Pistils are showing up across the plant but no actual buds forming or showing in the middle. As for a fan to cool the light I don’t have the money or a reflector with a hole for the duct that’s not possible this time

IMG 9978
IMG 9980
IMG 9981
Top Bottom