Day 18 still no signs of roots

• Thread starter Neezyweezy
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Neezyweezy

Neezyweezy

i feel i defoliated way to much! Really need yours boys expert advice please!

i cut 45 degree at a node. Dip in cup of water until i make clones.
Prewet jiffy and squeeze excess. Dip in clonex gel with some rooting powder mixed in.

day 1 - 4 keep vents closed . Open once daily to burp and mist clones and dome lightly

day 5 i slowly open vent throughout to day 10 or so vents all open . And just misting once daily.

on about day 14 jiffy felt light and dry so i dunked them a little bit bottom part and continue ddaily routine.

today im at day 18 and theyre still standing and not smushy.

I opened a few of the good looking ones and seen some white bumps a little on the base.

What do i do fellow farmers? Really feelin stress cause i need these for perpetual 2nd attempt.
Got 2 trays the other is almost all dead :(

Day 18 still no signs of roots
Day 18 still no signs of roots 2
Day 18 still no signs of roots 3
Day 18 still no signs of roots 4
Day 18 still no signs of roots 5
Neezyweezy

Neezyweezy

I have since stopped misting the dome and just wiling it down everday and spray the clones a bit.

Am i supposed to get them to dry out bone dry at this point?
My last and first time cloning at day 14 had roots and some pucks rooting were almost bone dry.

Neezyweezy

Neezyweezy

Would heating mat help next time?

so many variables but it seems so simple for most. Any and everything type of suggestion and advice would be greatly appreciated

farmer219

farmer219

Are u feeding them light nutrients or just straight water? What’s the ph of the nutes?

Neezyweezy

Neezyweezy

Also forgot to mention they been 24 hrs lights on from get go. Is it to late to even try to switch to 18 6

elduderito

elduderito

you could switch to 18/6 and you could raise your light too I reckon ... I'm no expert and my clones tend to take minimum 14 days ... some would take 3 or 4 weeks but at that point it's not looking very healthy.... I believe my problem has been too much light intensity - seems like that could be your problem as well...

your clones are showing all kinds of leaf issues though - were they all dark green and healthy when you took the cuts? --

mysticepipedon

mysticepipedon

I'm not great at cloning without an aero-cloner, but those peat pellets may be too dense, without much oxygen available to the parts that are expected to root. With those spongy plugs you can get at grow shops, I had around a 2 out of 3 success rate, and it would take 2-3 weeks.

Aero-cloners are worth every penny. So far, I've never had a cut fail to root.

Goblinkiller

Goblinkiller

I too use aerocloner. Its the best. With sponges as poster above mentioned.

I think you have a little too much leaf. I also find it helpful to cut the tips of leaves a little bit.

I am no expert on cloning without aerocloner. Not an expert with it either, but I mix in one drop of rooting hormone and I think it helps.

Ponky

Ponky

Root temps might be low. Jiffy pucks are faster than that. Water cloning takes that long. Raise the light a foot. Give them a week.
Aero cloner. Bubble cloner. Any 2" clone collar setup. Way easier. Cheap.

Anthem

Anthem

Prewet jiffy and squeeze excess. Dip in clonex gel with some rooting powder mixed in.

day 1 - 4 keep vents closed . Open once daily to burp and mist clones and dome lightly

day 5 i slowly open vent throughout to day 10 or so vents all open . And just misting once daily.

on about day 14 jiffy felt light and dry so i dunked them a little bit bottom part and continue ddaily routine.

I opened a few of the good looking ones and seen some white bumps a little on the base.

What do i do fellow farmers? Really feelin stress cause i need these for perpetual 2nd attempt.
That is a bummer

growsince79

growsince79

I don't think you defoliated enough. A single 18w cfl about a foot away is all the light they need. I make little 2-3 inch clones and cut off everything except the growing tip. 95% root in 10-12 days.

growsince79

growsince79

you could switch to 18/6 and you could raise your light too I reckon ... I'm no expert and my clones tend to take minimum 14 days ... some would take 3 or 4 weeks but at that point it's not looking very healthy.... I believe my problem has been too much light intensity - seems like that could be your problem as well...

your clones are showing all kinds of leaf issues though - were they all dark green and healthy when you took the cuts? --
Agree with too much light.

Neezyweezy

Neezyweezy

Too much light intensity as in 24 hours no good? Switch to 18/6?

or the height of my t5 is to low?
I took the clones 3 days before flowering 12 12.

you guys makin it sound like theyre not gonna make it cause been way to long?
i really dont have anymore options :(

growsince79

growsince79

I have since stopped misting the dome and just wiling it down everday and spray the clones a bit.

Am i supposed to get them to dry out bone dry at this point?
My last and first time cloning at day 14 had roots and some pucks rooting were almost bone dry.
I never spray the clones. Mist the dome once a day for 7-10 days is all. Keep light about 2000lux

Neezyweezy

Neezyweezy

So this is day 19 …. Feeling very down so any advice please!
Shes standing but feels a bit stiff . Pulled it her and dipped in some water to clean the dirt so you guys can see .
Can you guys see where i went wrong?do they have a shot if i just keep playing the waiting game?

they were really dry last night so i re dunked them in 5.8 ph water and squeezed all excess.

Top Bottom