• Thread starter Neezyweezy
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
GNick55

GNick55

Staff
Supporter
Cmon gnick am i dead in the waters?
hey haha, i’m didn’t leave ya, i’m just doing things..
well i re read the thread to see what and where is the issue.
one thing i read was you cut at a 45 than put in water?
i do a normal cut off the plant and quickly put in glass of water, than after i have everything ready to go i’ll take out clone cut at 45 angle, do a couple very! light scratches on the stem, and sometimes cut up the middle off the stem at the 45 angle, dip in powder and plant, than i’ll cut the leaf blades in half.. you only need a light on at 18/6 so the plant can sense day and night, light should not be close!..
place clone in dome keep dome wet and closed completely for at least 3-4 days than maybe lift off for a min each day once to just exchange air.
i think you may have went wrong with some by the light and maybe the way you cut?
should cut leaf blades in half, just saying maybe you were at little touchy feely with them?
your getting to the point that i’d be wondering what’s up?
though if their not dead than just leave them a little longer unless you can start more?
i can help from the very start if you like?
ok i’m going to eat dinner i’ll be back later as i hope to be pressing resin into hash tonight😋

detroitjoe

detroitjoe

your temp was wrong
your humidity levels were too much because your temp was too low.

or your temp was good but you used too much water.

either way, you fucked up.
ya gotta let em dry out ..with light on.

Anthem

Anthem

hey haha, i’m didn’t leave ya, i’m just doing things..
well i re read the thread to see what and where is the issue.
one thing i read was you cut at a 45 than put in water?
i do a normal cut off the plant and quickly put in glass of water, than after i have everything ready to go i’ll take out clone cut at 45 angle, do a couple very! light scratches on the stem, and sometimes cut up the middle off the stem at the 45 angle, dip in powder and plant, than i’ll cut the leaf blades in half.. you only need a light on at 18/6 so the plant can sense day and night, light should not be close!..
place clone in dome keep dome wet and closed completely for at least 3-4 days than maybe lift off for a min each day once to just exchange air.
i think you may have went wrong with some by the light and maybe the way you cut?
should cut leaf blades in half, just saying maybe you were at little touchy feely with them?
your getting to the point that i’d be wondering what’s up?
though if their not dead than just leave them a little longer unless you can start more?
i can help from the very start if you like?
ok i’m going to eat dinner i’ll be back later as i hope to be pressing resin into hash tonight😋
Nick has it correct. There are two thinks that look to be problematic with your process.
#1. That light is way too close. If it is an LED it needs to be at least 30" away from the dome. I switched out a burnt out 24" t-5 tube for an LED and I have to move the plants well away from the light.
#2. I do not use those coco pucks for clones. Rapid rooters are probably the best (never used them) I use 1 1/2" rockwool cubes with 99 percent success ratio if I try just a little bit. Not trying to brag but I have done more cuts than the average bear. What I do it place the rockwool cubes in 5.5PH water with a very small amount of nutrients. like 7 percent of the posted amount for veg. Once I take them out of the water I ring them out for 4 hand shakes. The cuts are usually handled as Nick stated above cut put in water and then cut again. You do not have to but I do not scrape the stems. Place is rooting solution for say 30 seconds and place in cube. then I cut the leaves back. You do not have to cut the leaves back, it is basically to save space in the cloning trays. I take the water from the bucket the cubes were socked in and I place it is a spray bottle. I give them a quick spray and the dome goes on closed for 4 or 5 days. I do nothing for these first few days. After 5 days I pull out the trays and I clean all the water off the lid. I spray the tops of the plants with the solution outlined above. I set the microwave timer for 15 minutes and I let them breath. This is done at day 7 and every day there after increasing the time the lid is off by 5 to 10 minutes each time. I spray less as time goes on. You want the clone to get all the water it needs the first week or so and slow dry back the media so it forces the plant to root.
Your problems are too much light and you are keeping the media too wet, which is hard because those are basically just coco. If you switch to one of the two medias outlined above your success will greatly improve!

sportyridr

sportyridr

So many differing opinions, ideas...it took me a bit to get it right...this is what works for me...I can clone in rooters and in with promix or coco in small cloth nursery bags in mini baskets sitting in water

clones cut & scraped, leaves trimmed if needed
ph distilled/ro to 5.5
change water every day
very little light needed...i shade them with my other plants to keep light not so intense
10 to 14 days we're in bizness with roots

No dome used
no spritzing used
no jumping thru silly hoops most of which is bro science and I do just fine ;)

good luck

Neezyweezy

Neezyweezy

Nick has it correct. There are two thinks that look to be problematic with your process.
#1. That light is way too close. If it is an LED it needs to be at least 30" away from the dome. I switched out a burnt out 24" t-5 tube for an LED and I have to move the plants well away from the light.
#2. I do not use those coco pucks for clones. Rapid rooters are probably the best (never used them) I use 1 1/2" rockwool cubes with 99 percent success ratio if I try just a little bit. Not trying to brag but I have done more cuts than the average bear. What I do it place the rockwool cubes in 5.5PH water with a very small amount of nutrients. like 7 percent of the posted amount for veg. Once I take them out of the water I ring them out for 4 hand shakes. The cuts are usually handled as Nick stated above cut put in water and then cut again. You do not have to but I do not scrape the stems. Place is rooting solution for say 30 seconds and place in cube. then I cut the leaves back. You do not have to cut the leaves back, it is basically to save space in the cloning trays. I take the water from the bucket the cubes were socked in and I place it is a spray bottle. I give them a quick spray and the dome goes on closed for 4 or 5 days. I do nothing for these first few days. After 5 days I pull out the trays and I clean all the water off the lid. I spray the tops of the plants with the solution outlined above. I set the microwave timer for 15 minutes and I let them breath. This is done at day 7 and every day there after increasing the time the lid is off by 5 to 10 minutes each time. I spray less as time goes on. You want the clone to get all the water it needs the first week or so and slow dry back the media so it forces the plant to root.
Your problems are too much light and you are keeping the media too wet, which is hard because those are basically just coco. If you switch to one of the two medias outlined above your success will greatly improve!
I just recut the ends and re dipped them . Kinda giving up on these. Trying to get some clones from my friend who has same pheno. Sigh

i will mostlikely get a heat mat and try your tutorial with the rock wool. But i think i just dont know how to keep the conditions. Im either misting to much or to little. And im not getting that foggy warm environment.

i did everything the same but with stronger mothers last run and rooted 80% in jiffys. Sigh so sad andf feeling very down on myself.

Top Bottom