Day 19 Seedlings with spots

• Thread starter T0W3RH4ND
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
T0W3RH4ND

T0W3RH4ND

Hey guy's, I'm new to growing and seeing some bad signs pretty early. I have a Kind XL750 at 48". I'm using Detroit Nutrient Company soil for start.

Day 19 seedlings with spots
Day 19 seedlings with spots 2
Day 19 seedlings with spots 3
Day 19 seedlings with spots 4
dire wolf

dire wolf

You might want to lose that lat /longitude image on your pic
Otherwise i wouldnt worry about your plants, they look great for seedlings, you can keep an eye out for nute burn, but so far the plants looks really nice
Also , you can get a bag of promix and transplant your baby into a 50/50 mix to take some of the heat off of it
Those mixes are normally too hot for seedlings, but you'rs seems to be handling it like a champ
Also i dont know what you top dressed the cup with, looks like sawdust or something, you might want to get rid of that, could negativley affect ph

Last edited:
oldskol4evr

oldskol4evr

is that 958 ppm acurite?
so if it is friend your are way out of ideal limit,that little seedling should be eating more than 450 right now,and from all the stuff in that soil ,you shouldnt be feeding it anything but water,from the looks it gonna be a hot soil ,more in line with a super soil mix and not really made for babies and seedlings,but that what you got,look on the hannah feed schedule chart and you will find the stages of growth and you will see what i mean.
soil is also more soiless than anything else ,like pro mix so you need to run you ph for soiless,im thinking around 6.2

T0W3RH4ND

T0W3RH4ND

You might want to lose that lat /longitude image on your pic
Otherwise i wouldnt worry about your plants, they look great for seedlings, you can keep an eye out for nute burn, but so far the plants looks really nice
Also , you can get a bag of promix and transplant your baby into a 50/50 mix to take some of the heat off of it
Those mixes are normally too hot for seedlings, but you'rs seems to be handling it like a champ
Also i dont know what you top dressed the cup with, looks like sawdust or something, you might want to get rid of that, could negativley affect ph
Thanks!, I am using rice hulls as my top dress to keep knats away. The mix may be a little strong, I do agree. This is my first grow so I'm learning as I go.

T0W3RH4ND

T0W3RH4ND

is that 958 ppm acurite?
so if it is friend your are way out of ideal limit,that little seedling should be eating more than 450 right now,and from all the stuff in that soil ,you shouldnt be feeding it anything but water,from the looks it gonna be a hot soil ,more in line with a super soil mix and not really made for babies and seedlings,but that what you got,look on the hannah feed schedule chart and you will find the stages of growth and you will see what i mean.
soil is also more soiless than anything else ,like pro mix so you need to run you ph for soiless,im thinking around 6.2
That is C02 PPM, I believe its that high due to my compost mix in the same room?

T0W3RH4ND

T0W3RH4ND

Also note I made my compost mix with Down To Earth dry amendments in the same room... these symptoms are only showing on the two plants where the leaves were facing my mix area.... Could the dry amendments potentially made it to the plants leaves via the air and affected??? I'm in the process of moving my compost to another space to prevent all this hopefully.

oldskol4evr

oldskol4evr

Also note I made my compost mix with Down To Earth dry amendments in the same room... these symptoms are only showing on the two plants where the leaves were facing my mix area.... Could the dry amendments potentially made it to the plants leaves via the air and affected??? I'm in the process of moving my compost to another space to prevent all this hopefully.
those spores are air borne, i doubt that your problem,what is the ppm and ph your feeding?

oldskol4evr

oldskol4evr

I am using filtered RO water, my PPM is 30s and PH is about 5.8-6.0.
ok so now you know and documented in this thread your starting ph and ppm of your ro water,when you feed just water,cause that mix is loaded with stuff,but when you feed catch your runoff water from each plant,check the ph and ppm of your runoff water see what it is.
these small plants should be low on ppm only the runoff will tell

T0W3RH4ND

T0W3RH4ND

ok so now you know and documented in this thread your starting ph and ppm of your ro water,when you feed just water,cause that mix is loaded with stuff,but when you feed catch your runoff water from each plant,check the ph and ppm of your runoff water see what it is.
I will check next watering thanks.

T0W3RH4ND

T0W3RH4ND

I've watered for today and tested the runoff. I watered with RO 6.5 PH at 20PPM and runoff was 6.9 PH and 1690PPM. That's pretty hot huh?

20200119 212421
20200119 212448
Jimster

Jimster

Supporter
Things look pretty hot to me. If you overflow is 1600PPM, then you have a ton of nutes in there already. Your plants are still very small and take a fraction of the food that a larger plant takes. It's really easy to overfeed, but it is better to underfeed (which is easily fixed) than to overfeed (NOT easy to clear out). The prepackaged stuff might be great, but it is generally for more advanced growers that have already established plats that can handle the extra nutes/food.
The spots on the leaves might be from a water splash a while back, since it takes a while to get necrotic and turn brown.As long as your new growth looks good, I wouldn't worry too much bout it as things look good overall.

T0W3RH4ND

T0W3RH4ND

Thought I might share an update on the ladys and what I was led to believe was a Ca Mg deficiency. Everything seems to be growing beautifully with the larger ones at day 25, and smaller ones at day 15 from seedlings.

20200124 111141
20200124 111058

Latest posts

Top Bottom