Day 21 flower, not the results I was hoping for. Looking for pointers on what NOT to do next run, going from coco to DWC

• Thread starter J3rryswinger
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
J3rryswinger

J3rryswinger

So I switched from a mars hydro FC3000 to an HLG 600 R Spec sometime in week one or two of flower, and my plants did not take to kindly to it. Don’t know if I had some sort of deficiency going on or if the light was just way too strong, but they went from vibrant green to taco leaves and burnt edges.
I also defoliated I think way too much the night before I switched the light. So that didn’t help. I’m mainly looking for Pointers on what NOT to do next run, I plan on using the HLG throughout the entire next run, I will start it on its lowest setting and as raised up as I can get it and work up from there.

Day 21 flower not the results i was hoping for looking for pointers on what not to do next ru
Day 21 flower not the results i was hoping for looking for pointers on what not to do next ru
Day 21 flower not the results i was hoping for looking for pointers on what not to do next run
Day 21 flower not the results i was hoping for looking for pointers on what not to do next run
J3rryswinger

J3rryswinger

This is my very first grow... of any plant lol (obviously)

TripsRabbit

TripsRabbit

Looks okay to me for a first timer. Sprinkle a few tablespoons of epsom salts on the top of each pot of coco. The red petioles say it wants more magnesium. It may have enough mg but just be sensitive to calcium, ca and mg can lock each other out. Do you give 5ml/gal calmag every watering?

J3rryswinger

J3rryswinger

Looks okay to me for a first timer. Sprinkle a few tablespoons of epsom salts on the top of each pot of coco. The red petioles say it wants more magnesium. It may have enough mg but just be sensitive to calcium, ca and mg can lock each other out. Do you give 5ml/gal calmag every watering?
Yup 5ml calmag every watering/feed

Cjr5402

Cjr5402

Kinda looks what happened to me this summer in my back yard. Mine however did herm out. But it just wasn't getting enough light. You light should be like 18-24 inches above the plants. Looks like your 12 inches also have you tried mh/hps

ThisGuy420

ThisGuy420

So I switched from a mars hydro FC3000 to an HLG 600 R Spec sometime in week one or two of flower, and my plants did not take to kindly to it. Don’t know if I had some sort of deficiency going on or if the light was just way too strong, but they went from vibrant green to taco leaves and burnt edges.
I also defoliated I think way too much the night before I switched the light. So that didn’t help. I’m mainly looking for Pointers on what NOT to do next run, I plan on using the HLG throughout the entire next run, I will start it on its lowest setting and as raised up as I can get it and work up from there.
My grow is about the same age in flower and looks the same, actually yours looks better.

J3rryswinger

J3rryswinger

Kinda looks what happened to me this summer in my back yard. Mine however did herm out. But it just wasn't getting enough light. You light should be like 18-24 inches above the plants. Looks like your 12 inches also have you tried mh/hps

Light was super close when I first switched it, I ran outta room so it’s about 24 inches above canopy but I have it dimmed to a little less than half strength. This is my first run, I have not tried any other type of light, I was thinking about trying CMH but I spent so much on this HLg I would like to get at least a couple more runs out of it 🤪

J3rryswinger

J3rryswinger

I honestly have never given them straight water, it’s always been a feeding, do you think I should give them straight calmag water this time? With the salts

TripsRabbit

TripsRabbit

I honestly have never given them straight water, it’s always been a feeding, do you think I should give them straight calmag water this time? With the salts
No, you should follow the directions on the bottle pretty closely.

TripsRabbit

TripsRabbit

Yup 5ml calmag every watering/feed
Some plants like more magnesium, some like less calcium. If you use just calmag for calcium and magnesium you can't regulate the ratio. For that reason it's good to have individual calcium and magnesium supplements. Garden gypsum will add calcium and sulphur and epsom salts will add magnesium and sulphur.
If the petioles start to turn red add epsom, I add gypsum at the get go and then towards the end.

J3rryswinger

J3rryswinger

Some plants like more magnesium, some like less calcium. If you use just calmag for calcium and magnesium you can't regulate the ratio. For that reason it's good to have individual calcium and magnesium supplements. Garden gypsum will add calcium and sulphur and epsom salts will add magnesium and sulphur.
If the petioles start to turn red add epsom, I add gypsum at the get go and then towards the end.
How will the gypsum and epsom effect the pH

TexanTerps

TexanTerps

Can you test the runoff to see if you have salts built up?
I think you may have had a little light burn from switching. That HLG is no joke.
Looks great though, besides being a little concerned for nutrient buildup I think things are going well. You could try a foliar epsom feed.

Lp_jr

Lp_jr

I think they look real good.

I did see some cupping on the leaf edges, meaning the light was too close(too much heat). Looks like you already addressed that.

J3rryswinger

J3rryswinger

Yea I think what happened too is I added an exhale bag (well, different brand but same concept) and the co2 sped up the deficiency or whatever was happening

J3rryswinger

J3rryswinger

Can you test the runoff to see if you have salts built up?
I think you may have had a little light burn from switching. That HLG is no joke.
Looks great though, besides being a little concerned for nutrient buildup I think things are going well. You could try a foliar epsom feed.
Never heard of a foliar epsom feed, will have to look it up. At first I was testing the runoff but I stopped before flower just out of pure laziness. A couple days ago I mixed an extra gallon of nutes just to flush and reset, the runoff from the two plants in the back came out clear-ish just like it looked going in, but that one in the front(with the issues) came out preeettttyyyy brown and concentrated-looking

J3rryswinger

J3rryswinger

Just a little update. Packing on a little bit of breadth I guess... still not the structure or canopy I was aiming for but hey. First run, learning everyday

CE77CA61 2AA8 4EAD 8ED3 5350D57078F2
6BB79E35 A458 4C29 A8E4 70C7A1B1C8B0
DE10E944 A62F 474E 9372 5A47995CC824
7BF1A4D4 168D 4076 BB84 D33632CF30A2
64FA4F67 9DAD 4FBF 97BF 7B8E7C407658
Top Bottom