• Start date
  • Tagged users None
Status
Not open for further replies.
XxHammer

XxHammer

Day 22 look at these sexy ladies

They were topped and watered last night

This is my first grow and I just cant get over how pretty the ladies look with their leafs firmly stretched out trying to capture all the light the possibly can

They are currently about 6'' tall but starting to explode with growth

Strain: Indica Skywalker

XxHammer

XxHammer

Question: this is my first grow and I am using 3.6gal pots. These plants are on Day 23 now and I have still been watering every 36 hours (one morning, the next night, the following morning, etc.). My question is as the plants roots get more established will I need to water more or less?

I am watering about 1/4 gal for each plant but that is with runoff. I guess it is a good thing if the soil does not retain too much moisture for too long of a period though, right?

Sorry for the dumb questions, I am just very worried about potentially over-watering my ladies.

growsince79

growsince79

My 3 gallon bags get 1 gallon every 3- 4 days at this stage.

growsince79

growsince79

Question: this is my first grow and I am using 3.6gal pots. These plants are on Day 23 now and I have still been watering every 36 hours (one morning, the next night, the following morning, etc.). My question is as the plants roots get more established will I need to water more or less?

I am watering about 1/4 gal for each plant but that is with runoff. I guess it is a good thing if the soil does not retain too much moisture for too long of a period though, right?

Sorry for the dumb questions, I am just very worried about potentially over-watering my ladies.
Most common overwater is too little too often.

XxHammer

XxHammer

Are all these little leafs and stems underneath normal? do I just leave all this undergrowth?

20210422 142742 1

20210422 142756

XxHammer

XxHammer

I know this is a dumb question but do you mean taking off 4 total? like 4 branches from the bottom up?

What is the goal/purpose of this? save energy from being spent on lower branch/leafs?

ImpulsiveGrower

ImpulsiveGrower

Supporter
I know this is a dumb question but do you mean taking off 4 total? like 4 branches from the bottom up?

What is the goal/purpose of this? save energy from being spent on lower branch/leafs?
I’m a couple days behind you and I am still in 32 oz pots and one is clear. The roots are at the bottom and just now filling up the sides. I’ve been watering 4oz (half cup) every 72 hrs just about. I overwatered at at first but now I got it dialed in so I think I’ll be needing to water every 48 hours now or increase my water to a full 8 oz. it’s better to let them dry out a bit than to over water them. This past time around watering I waiting till I seen slight droop in my plants. This took about 85 hrs the last time around but like I said I was correcting my over watering problem so that’s why it took so long. Once I transplant I’ll up the watering but still let it dry out. You would be surprised how long you can actually wait when your used to overwatering. I will also be “lollipopping” my plants above the scrog net. This lets your plant use all that extra energy toward the top buds instead of the undergrowth that’s taking up more nutrients and precious energy when they won’t produce good buds. It also improves airflow below the canopy and reduces risk of mold. I’ll also be defoliating a week or so before I flip to flower and then on day 21 of flower I’ll defoliant again. Google any of these strategies and you will find good information on what these techniques are and when to apply them. Ppl will go back and forth about defoliating so you may as well google it and decide for yourself bc it seems to be a hot button subject. Good luck to ya!! I’ll post my progress after I transplant this weekend. Me and you are both new growers and we are around the same stage of growth so I’m looking forward to see your progress as time goes!!

growsince79

growsince79

I’m a couple days behind you and I am still in 32 oz pots and one is clear. The roots are at the bottom and just now filling up the sides. I’ve been watering 4oz (half cup) every 72 hrs just about. I overwatered at at first but now I got it dialed in so I think I’ll be needing to water every 48 hours now or increase my water to a full 8 oz. it’s better to let them dry out a bit than to over water them. This past time around watering I waiting till I seen slight droop in my plants. This took about 85 hrs the last time around but like I said I was correcting my over watering problem so that’s why it took so long. Once I transplant I’ll up the watering but still let it dry out. You would be surprised how long you can actually wait when your used to overwatering. I will also be “lollipopping” my plants above the scrog net. This lets your plant use all that extra energy toward the top buds instead of the undergrowth that’s taking up more nutrients and precious energy when they won’t produce good buds. It also improves airflow below the canopy and reduces risk of mold. I’ll also be defoliating a week or so before I flip to flower and then on day 21 of flower I’ll defoliant again. Google any of these strategies and you will find good information on what these techniques are and when to apply them. Ppl will go back and forth about defoliating so you may as well google it and decide for yourself bc it seems to be a hot button subject. Good luck to ya!! I’ll post my progress after I transplant this weekend. Me and you are both new growers and we are around the same stage of growth so I’m looking forward to see your progress as time goes!!
You should defoliate one side and leave the other side alone. I would love to see a side by side comparison. For some reason nobody will do it. Maybe next fall I will.

XxHammer

XxHammer

ImplusiveGrower- I did take you suggestion and did additional reading about defoliation. I am going to take do a little I think but I am going to give it another day or so. Do one defoliation, let the plant go for about another week after then flip to 12/12 and Flower. At least that is the gameplan right now. But it is fluid and changes as I learn more :)

Thanks growsince79 for your help as well.

growsince79

growsince79

ImplusiveGrower- I did take you suggestion and did additional reading about defoliation. I am going to take do a little I think but I am going to give it another day or so. Do one defoliation, let the plant go for about another week after then flip to 12/12 and Flower. At least that is the gameplan right now. But it is fluid and changes as I learn more :)

Thanks growsince79 for your help as well.
Imo, if you are gonna flip that soon don't defoliate, just clean up the bottom. You could learn a lot by doing a side by side.

Madbud

Madbud

Are all these little leafs and stems underneath normal? do I just leave all this undergrowth?

View attachment 1116125
View attachment 1116126
Perfect opportunity to learn cloning. The bottom branches take a lot of plant energy and yield the least. Most agree you should water early because the plant is getting ready to work. You may notice drooping after lights out, even a little before. The plant rests at night, theres a number of theories but its normal to droop if theres no light to collect. Watering on a schedule will lead to overwatering, the soil never dries enough and the roots drowned. Plus a qt of water, even with runoff is not enough to saturate soil. Lift the pots, use your meter. Learn the plant. But yes, your girls look good so far.

growsince79

growsince79

Perfect opportunity to learn cloning. The bottom branches take a lot of plant energy and yield the least. Most agree you should water early because the plant is getting ready to work. You may notice drooping after lights out, even a little before. The plant rests at night, theres a number of theories but its normal to droop if theres no light to collect. Watering on a schedule will lead to overwatering, the soil never dries enough and the roots drowned. Plus a qt of water, even with runoff is not enough to saturate soil. Lift the pots, use your meter. Learn the plant. But yes, your girls look good so far.
Agree, my one gallon pots take more than a quart.

smokedareefer

smokedareefer

You should defoliate one side and leave the other side alone. I would love to see a side by side comparison. For some reason nobody will do it. Maybe next fall I will.
I want to, but that means choosing one from this go to have 4 identical clones for the test.

That's a lot of the same for over a year.

growsince79

growsince79

I want to, but that means choosing one from this go to have 4 identical clones for the test.

That's a lot of the same for over a year.
Not very scientific without clones and lab tests, but still a good learning experience.

Progshim

Progshim

There are no dumb questions. Keep asking, especially for clarification if you need it. They look great 👍👍

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom