Day 23 Leaves Turning Yellow?

• Thread starter Canada4crop
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
C

Canada4crop

Growing in promix hp with 20 percent perlite. Plant has been growing like crazy but yesterday some leaves started yellowing. The lower fan leaves especially. They are on day 23. Not sure if its overwatering (it's been taking about 4 days for the 5 gallon air pots to dry out). Or nitrogen deficiency? I've been feeding Advances nutriance ph perfect at about 1/4 strength. With a small amount of calmag at the last feed. About 400ppm total. Any ideas? Yellowing with a couple of grayish spots.

20181122 195504
20181122 195540
20181122 195623
20181122 195557
Jack og

Jack og

Supporter
Promix is basically coco. So feeding is key.
Nitrogen running out when you switched to flower. It’s why in promix I use veg nutes at 1/4 strenght through flower as well

C

Canada4crop

In just surprised its happening this early in the game.

jumpincactus

jumpincactus

Premium Member
Supporter
cannabis, strain dependent, can be a nute whore. Looks like you are needing a shot of N. You should be feeding daily in promix. just like coco or hydro. Go easy with the N now that your in flower.

Madmax

Madmax

dont let the medium dry dude..you should b watering atleast once a day..

C

Canada4crop

I've been worried I'll overwater. I used the right soil but I made a noob mistake and packed it right into the pot so I dont have the best drainage. Pot still feels heavy 3 days after watering

Monster762

Monster762

I've been worried I'll overwater. I used the right soil but I made a noob mistake and packed it right into the pot so I dont have the best drainage. Pot still feels heavy 3 days after watering
First those lights aren’t really enough to hold those plants. Simple t5 4 or 8 tube you wouldn’t even be able to tell those cfls were there. I’ll start at I Am no pro always double check any advice when comes to your babies.
I’d Feed straight water with epsom salt. 1 tbsp per gal. Then feed your feed. The epsom will 1 give you a little extra mag to enter flower with although lower leaves are going to drop either way. Usually magnesium is first thing to run out in flower. and 2 it will help dry your soil . I usually bury my mixes in perelite but mAkes it a daily or twice a day wAter
h202 will give you instant oxygen underneath but kill all microbial life at your roots.
about 35-40% perelite is what I am for. Drainage is big big. I’ve had sewer root where I watered n smelled like a sewer coming out. No air. Bugs soon follow along with disease and funguses. Bump your airflow up a little if you can n try the epsom rinse. Push sides of pot to lightly bust soil up (aerate it ) as you thoroughly water it with the epsom water. Just easy on roots.with hands not the epsom. Epsom salt works wonders. And idk what pots your in but try the fabric bags next go. They’re worth the $3 each and I just wash in washing machine n reuse. But they breathe a lot better.

H

hawkman

just remember once you see an issue you are all ready 2 weeks behind in fixing it - needs alot more light and stronger than cfl's - sorry

C

Canada4crop

Thanks for the advice. I'll try the epson salt tonight. Do you recommend t5s or another led?

Jimster

Jimster

Supporter
I've been growing in Promix for decades and found that some strains are insatiable when it comes to Nitrogen. Currently, I have two Matanuska thunder plants that are tall and lanky, but doesn't have a ton of leaves...mostly sativa and not sick or ill, just long intervals between nodes. For some reason, the two plants drink water like they are in the desert and the large lower fan leaves start to yellow as the grow ripens. I think that the amount of leaves has a lot to do with "banking" nitrogen for the flowering process. The huge difference in the leaf mass between the old strains and newer strains might explain why the newer ones don't seem t turn yellow as quickly. The ones that are yellowing have been grown by seed decades and it doesn't seem to matter how much I feed them...they turn yellow. Some do it more than others...it's normal, in my experience, that the lower leaves often die off because of lack of light and providing nitrogen for flowering.

C

Canada4crop

I've been growing in Promix for decades and found that some strains are insatiable when it comes to Nitrogen. Currently, I have two Matanuska thunder plants that are tall and lanky, but doesn't have a ton of leaves...mostly sativa and not sick or ill, just long intervals between nodes. For some reason, the two plants drink water like they are in the desert and the large lower fan leaves start to yellow as the grow ripens. I think that the amount of leaves has a lot to do with "banking" nitrogen for the flowering process. The huge difference in the leaf mass between the old strains and newer strains might explain why the newer ones don't seem t turn yellow as quickly. The ones that are yellowing have been grown by seed decades and it doesn't seem to matter how much I feed them...they turn yellow. Some do it more than others...it's normal, in my experience, that the lower leaves often die off because of lack of light and providing nitrogen for flowering.
That makes me feel better!

OrganicLit

OrganicLit

Thanks for the advice. I'll try the epson salt tonight. Do you recommend t5s or another led?
Led. Efficiency is key in micro grows. Mars hydro has great products. Or build one. Try mixing up a hot soil also. Pretty easy and if you follow a good recipe provided by forums you should have a great time.

Latest posts

Top Bottom