Day 23 Of Flower, Pistils Withering/disappearing- W/ Pics- Help?

• Thread starter sorrel23
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
sorrel23

sorrel23

So I just spent a few hours in the greenhouse I didn't go through yesterday, and I have some good news. The only strain affected out of all 4 is 1, the EG 18 pheno I have. None of the cornbread, pie face or elmers glue 4 have it! yay! and the whole 2nd greenhouse is all cornbread. I inspected each one thoroughly, and found only 2 with males.. after comparing them closely I realized I must have mislabeled them early on, and they are actually EG 18s. Now I only have to keep track of 25-30 plants, not the 90 I was imagining and getting so depressed about. This feels more doable to me. Here's some pictures of the male flowers from today.. none of them were any more advanced than these. can they pollinate even when they're green and closed?

IMG 6258
IMG 6257
IMG 6256
sorrel23

sorrel23

Spent all day again today taking off male flowers. I came up with a pretty good system, maybe it could be helpful for someone in the same position. Start at the lowest branch, and on that branch start at the lowest sub-branch, etc. Then work your way up to the top. That way you can make sure you have checked the entire plant. Took me a long ass time but I was able to get every single male flower off this way.

sorrel23

sorrel23

Hey everyone, I wanted to update how this situation is going. I think the sulfur burn is what caused the pistil damage. They looked great this morning! Even the elmers glue that had almost no pistils is looking beautiful. I'm relieved. I also haven't see a any more male flowers pop up.

Latest posts

Top Bottom