Status
Not open for further replies.
XxHammer

XxHammer

Day 31     trim and flip to flower
Day 31     trim and flip to flower 2
Day31cu
Day31cua

So, 31 days in from Seed. Here are the Ladies... The tallest 2 are about 14'' tall while the others are right around 12''...

I have heard several places recommend trimming the bottom 1/3rd of growth before flipping to Flower, how do you all feel on this strategy?

Are they just about ready to flip to 12/12? (My current plan was switch on Sunday, I am off Monday and Tuesday so that gives me 2 days to play around with the Portable AC a bit and get it dialed in, although I have a pretty good idea where it needs to be at)

XxHammer

XxHammer

I believe someone also mentioned a method of giving the plants 24 hours of darkness before going to the 12/12...

Just a first time grower trying to make sure I transition into Flower correctly. Things have gone well so far, I do not want to start fucking up now lol

growsince79

growsince79

View attachment 1119319View attachment 1119320View attachment 1119321View attachment 1119322

So, 31 days in from Seed. Here are the Ladies... The tallest 2 are about 14'' tall while the others are right around 12''...

I have heard several places recommend trimming the bottom 1/3rd of growth before flipping to Flower, how do you all feel on this strategy?

Are they just about ready to flip to 12/12? (My current plan was switch on Sunday, I am off Monday and Tuesday so that gives me 2 days to play around with the Portable AC a bit and get it dialed in, although I have a pretty good idea where it needs to be at)
Flip away. I would be increasing nutes and light. They look really good.

growsince79

growsince79

I believe someone also mentioned a method of giving the plants 24 hours of darkness before going to the 12/12...

Just a first time grower trying to make sure I transition into Flower correctly. Things have gone well so far, I do not want to start fucking up now lol
I vote no on that one. But it won't matter much either way. gl man and happy grows.

Madmax

Madmax

Id wait till they determine sex and are a little bigger say 3 weeks into flower or a little longer before tidying down the bottom.i dont like distrupting them before or early on into flowering..

growsince79

growsince79

Id wait till they determine sex and are a little bigger say 3 weeks into flower or a little longer before tidying down the bottom.i dont like distrupting them before or early on into flowering..

Pretty small space ...

_VLAD_

_VLAD_

How close is the light? What kind? Is it on 100%? Only asking because the internode spacing seems like alot. My more indica leaning had 9 or 10 internodes by 10 inches of height

XxHammer

XxHammer

How close is the light? What kind? Is it on 100%? Only asking because the internode spacing seems like alot. My more indica leaning had 9 or 10 internodes by 10 inches of height

315W CMH it was kept at 20-24" most of the time... Maybe I should have put it closer to start?

I see what youre saying about number of nodes.

XxHammer

XxHammer

Flip away. I would be increasing nutes and light. They look really good.

I planned to introduce General Organics BioThrive Bloom for the Flower stage as Im sure the FFOF nutes are becoming exhausted.

Thanks for adding your words. I will be flipping tomorrow. Now its just a matter of whether I leave them go or snip a couple bottom branches off each plant but I fear I am removing a potential bud sites when I am doing that, no?

Madmax

Madmax

315W CMH it was kept at 20-24" most of the time... Maybe I should have put it closer to start?

I wouldnt put them any closer than what you have..sometimes its strain dependant how close the nodes get.i had mine no closer than 30' and leaves were tacoeing in veg... a little different in flower..very intense light..

Like2Grow

Like2Grow

I planned to introduce General Organics BioThrive Bloom for the Flower stage as Im sure the FFOF nutes are becoming exhausted.

Thanks for adding your words. I will be flipping tomorrow. Now its just a matter of whether I leave them go or snip a couple bottom branches off each plant but I fear I am removing a potential bud sites when I am doing that, no?

I didn't clean up the big bottom leaves on my current grow and flipped to flower. After about 2 weeks (when the stretch was on) the big leaves started turning yellow which suggested the plants were using what was stored in the big leaves. When they turned yellow they came off. I also continue veg nutes during the stretch.

I don't take huge amounts of leaves/ branches off at a time. I figure it's something for the plant to recover from and recovering from a little change is easier than recovering from massive surgery. I look for an open center of the plant as much as clearing the bottom to keep light and moving air available. Any small/ skinny branches are good candidates to remove whether they are on the bottom or growing up the middle.

I only have a couple plants to take care of and I'm no pro. Grows are constantly improving though.

XxHammer

XxHammer

Thank you for all the feedback.

I am going to trim any real thin branches off today before I flip tonight. Tomorrow will be their first day in Flower :)

Then once they get a little bigger, into Flower, ill do a cleanup of the bottom 1/3rd

It is so exciting! This first month flew by!

_VLAD_

_VLAD_

Im not familiar with that type of light, madmax seems to know whats up. As far as trimming the branches I wish I would have taken off the bottom 2 nodes of the more indica leaning one since its so thick and bushy.

Im not a veteran at this by no means, but I would think that energy focused on the lower branches would be put elsewhere if you remove them.

XxHammer

XxHammer

Im not familiar with that type of light, madmax seems to know whats up. As far as trimming the branches I wish I would have taken off the bottom 2 nodes of the more indica leaning one since its so thick and bushy.

Im not a veteran at this by no means, but I would think that energy focused on the lower branches would be put elsewhere if you remove them.

I was with your line of thinking and did take off the bottom 2 branches off each plant. I think there will be plenty of new growth that I wont be missing them within a matter of days.

Right now mine are in their "darkness shock" treatment phase. They have been in total darkness since the light went off at 8pm last night.... The light will come ON tonight at 8pm-8am signalling the start of Flower :)

Gurker67

Gurker67

Hi troops im in my 3rd week of flower and im thinking my plants and cannopy are too bushy not enough light penetration
Do you think i should trim them down a little?

EEFFB955 B1DC 44C8 BF14 B3009562C1F6
822B4330 BEBB 4392 A53F 46D2D658C87D
7815A2CF BEF4 4861 B93C 7B021DB6575B
318951CB 3416 412C 80CF 212E21CAB158
D8DC2837 1386 46DB B801 797B36D410C6
2C758A76 3CBF 49AE BF7C C94FC78EC1EC
Madmax

Madmax

Sativas look okay but i would take some off the indicas to open the inside up abit.just selectively take the ones that are blocking the lower sites.you dont have to do it all at once...ive been taking leaves off since they started budding and they are 4 weeks since budding started..ive pretty much stopped plucking them now..

Gurker67

Gurker67

Sativas look okay but i would take some off the indicas to open the inside up abit.just selectively take the ones that are blocking the lower sites.you dont have to do it all at once...ive been taking leaves off since they started budding and they are 4 weeks since budding started..ive pretty much stopped plucking them now..
Thanks for advice ive been trimming them every other week since veg they have been getting way out of control do u think the trimming makes them produce more leaves?

growsince79

growsince79

Thanks for advice ive been trimming them every other week since veg they have been getting way out of control do u think the trimming makes them produce more leaves?
Makes them produce less buds.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom