Day 35 is she almost ready? Already?!!

• Thread starter Yoyi83
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Yoyi83

Yoyi83

Hey guys it's my first grow and it's day 35 of flower this is my first grow and all my girls are looking great with the exception of one who just seems to have stopped growing during flower. And another that to me appears as if she will be ready for harvest in a week and it's only day 35! I may be wrong as I'm a noob please check out these photos and let me know. She's a wedding cake.
Day 35 is she almost ready already
Day 35 is she almost ready already 2
Day 35 is she almost ready already 3
Day 35 is she almost ready already 4
Day 35 is she almost ready already 5
Day 35 is she almost ready already 6
Day 35 is she almost ready already 7
Day 35 is she almost ready already 8

boomgagem

boomgagem

Supporter
Looks like some killer bud! I’m new too, but you could thoroughly check the one that has stopped growing for nanners

boomgagem

boomgagem

Supporter
Yeah I zoomed in and I didn’t see anything in your pics.

Chad.Westport

Chad.Westport

No, at that age, not ready. It does look like maybe 3 weeks or so. The calyx have started to swell a little bit, but it looks like the plant has much more potential to swell. Buds are looking great, excellent work!

To determine the right stage to harvest, you will want to look at the trichome color on your buds. This is the prime indicator of ripeness. General thought is to harvest when the trichome heads are 10% amber, 80% milky and 10% clear. Over time, you'll develop your own preference. More amber seems to be more body high and sedative. More clear heads is reported as more of a cerebral high but in both cases, milky is always the majority. Be sure to check the buds, not the leaves. Trichomes on the leaves develop faster than on the buds. I do use the trichomes on the leaves to kind of guide me as to when to begin my flush.

Yoyi83

Yoyi83

No, at that age, not ready. It does look like maybe 3 weeks or so. The calyx have started to swell a little bit, but it looks like the plant has much more potential to swell. Buds are looking great, excellent work!

To determine the right stage to harvest, you will want to look at the trichome color on your buds. This is the prime indicator of ripeness. General thought is to harvest when the trichome heads are 10% amber, 80% milky and 10% clear. Over time, you'll develop your own preference. More amber seems to be more body high and sedative. More clear heads is reported as more of a cerebral high but in both cases, milky is always the majority. Be sure to check the buds, not the leaves. Trichomes on the leaves develop faster than on the buds. I do use the trichomes on the leaves to kind of guide me as to when to begin my flush.
Thanks Chad do I have to worry about those yellow orange leaves? Nute deficiency? Or is it Normal with the stage it's in? All the other plants are lush green and her lower foliage seems fine it's the ones nearest the large colas I'm worried about.

Chad.Westport

Chad.Westport

Thanks Chad do I have to worry about those yellow orange leaves? Nute deficiency? Or is it Normal with the stage it's in? All the other plants are lush green and her lower foliage seems fine it's the ones nearest the large colas I'm worried about.
It does look a bit like a deficiency, but depending on the strain, this could be how the plant finishes out. Some tend to yellow and turn purple towards the end. If you have a cold night temp or a big swing between night and day temp, that can also contribute to a little bit of purpling. Overall, the buds are looking great, so I wouldn't necessarily try and chase something when you are getting close to flushing.

Greenjourneyman

Greenjourneyman

Absolutely, Yes you should totally cut them whenever you want you.

smokedareefer

smokedareefer

Different plants of the same type with different growing characteristics.

Pretty girl she is. Nice job.

Greenjourneyman

Greenjourneyman

Question why you would say that.

Why is an expansive question. in the moment my gut reaction was To be rather Trollish. Upon further reflection that reaction was entirely based on my personal pet peeve of people asking when their flower Period is complete. Even the fastest of autos still have to go through Your standard 6-7 week growing cycle.
Our friend Yoyi here has grown some crazy nice buds. And I’m curious if he is counting days from when he turned the light around or when he saw pistils. That’s a very simple google search to find out the average flowering period for his plants.
The only harm in an early harvest at this point is slightly less strength in effect. Seeing and doing is learning.
but you right man, I probably shouldn’t be just go around telling people to cut whenever they see fit. That’s my bad. maybe I’m cranky old fart, but I learned the hard way from trial, error and experimentation, thus I think it the best mentor. Knowledge earned is alway more valuable than knowledge given.
well there’s my explanation. Happy Friday.

smokedareefer

smokedareefer

Why is an expansive question. in the moment my gut reaction was To be rather Trollish. Upon further reflection that reaction was entirely based on my personal pet peeve of people asking when their flower Period is complete. Even the fastest of autos still have to go through Your standard 6-7 week growing cycle.
Our friend Yoyi here has grown some crazy nice buds. And I’m curious if he is counting days from when he turned the light around or when he saw pistils. That’s a very simple google search to find out the average flowering period for his plants.
The only harm in an early harvest at this point is slightly less strength in effect. Seeing and doing is learning.
but you right man, I probably shouldn’t be just go around telling people to cut whenever they see fit. That’s my bad. maybe I’m cranky old fart, but I learned the hard way from trial, error and experimentation, thus I think it the best mentor. Knowledge earned is alway more valuable than knowledge given.
well there’s my explanation. Happy Friday.

Understand completely.

Heres a picture, i know they are ready but what do you think they will yield?

Screenshot 20201110 151131 Samsung Internet

Latest posts

Top Bottom