Day 35 of flower. Should I defoliate the top leaves??

• Thread starter FirstTimeGrower13
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
FirstTimeGrower13

FirstTimeGrower13

My first grow going pretty well in fox farms ocean forest, the trio of FF nutrients, a 600 watt LED. I want to defoliate the top fan leaves to allow more light penetration and even temp distribution. I’m leaving for 4 days and I’m worried the vegetation will overcrowd the buds. What do you guys think? Thanks in advance!

Day 35 of flower should i defoliate the top leaves
Day 35 of flower should i defoliate the top leaves 2
Day 35 of flower should i defoliate the top leaves 3
Day 35 of flower should i defoliate the top leaves 4
LexLuthor

LexLuthor

IMO I wouldn't defoliate. The canopy doesn't look very thick right now. If you do defoliate, don't take off more than 25% of the leaves. I would stick to around 10%.

stickyfingers1

stickyfingers1

Do an experiment with two equal clones. clip fan leaves off one and leave them on the other.

The second one will pack on a lot more bud weight. Even while those big beautiful fan leaves are fully shading the bud sites. Never cut those off $0.02.

growsince79

growsince79

Do an experiment with two equal clones. clip fan leaves off one and leave them on the other.

The second one will pack on a lot more bud weight. Even while those big beautiful fan leaves are fully shading the bud sites. Never cut those off $0.02.
Not only that, but they will be more potent and taste better.

stickyfingers1

stickyfingers1

Not only that, but they will be more potent and taste better.
Agreed.

Its win win win and win.

The plants entire existence revolves around photosynthesis. Consider the leaf as its solar panels that absorb sun and light rays. The more you hack off the less efficient it becomes at its sole function for existing and reproducing. https://www.livescience.com/51720-photosynthesis.html

The leaf stomata perform another important role, https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Stoma

Dub_City405

Dub_City405

No. Maybe week 6 or 7 take away big ones. Bit i rode this one out without defoliating as much. Its nice and big buds. Each strain is different when it comes to defoliating. Gotta find happy medium.

This is week 8.

20210513 200834
Top Bottom