Day 35 veg. Questions that need answers.

• Thread starter BirdLaw86
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
BirdLaw86

BirdLaw86

Its day 35 in veg, I topped at day 18 and I just began lst 4 days ago. Transplanted 2 times since start, accidentally dropped both times šŸ˜° and my little lady is now in a 1.5 gallon pot for 10 days. Im using all organic soil, a foliar spray every day or so, spring water for regular feeding and lightly brewed compost teas about once a week. My question atm is pretty simple, is the slight purple discoloration Im noticing at the end of branches where fan leaves begin, normal? Is this because of stress? The fan leaves look heavy and the new branches and new growth doesnt look the thickest yet and they look to be drooping the branches down a bit (not bending at stem but more where the leaf and stem connect) I released the ties to stop stressing it out at all.

Ps. Its getting colder and its in an open room rather than a tent bc Im kinda being lazy, are slight temp fluctuations more likely the culprit? Say 3-6 degree fluctuations

PPS, i assumed over watering may have contributed so I didnt water the 1.5gallon for 2 days now. Im thinking she'll need transplant in a day or two bc of root growth.

Day 35 veg questions that need answers
Day 35 veg questions that need answers 2
Day 35 veg questions that need answers 3
Day 35 veg questions that need answers 4
Day 35 veg questions that need answers 5
Nectarivorous

Nectarivorous

Hey mate. I'm not the guy to help, I'm a noob myself and only grow coco not soil. They look overwatered, but someone else will need to confirm. What I will say is those who can help you will need a lot more info. Soil makeup, exact watering schedule, how much how often. Light type, power, height above plants, preferably a PPFD or lux reading if you have. All about giving as much info as possible so the gurus here can rule out as much as possible. You'll find the help you need though. Definitely seen far more grim cases brought back from the brink on here, yours should be easy. Welcome man, look forward to seeing how it progresses. ā˜ŗļø

BirdLaw86

BirdLaw86

Ty for the reply bro, being that it seemed not too serious of an issue, i tried to spare the extra extra long explanation, thinking the OG's would be able to diagnose it with a quick peek. My dumb ass assumption.

1. Lights are 2 marzhydro sp3000 at about 29 inches above the plant on 17hrs off 7.

2. For the 1st 7 days it was in happyfrog, I watered 2 times only, then transplanted to a half gallon pot with a mix of happyfrog and foxfarm ocean and forest, had to water every 2 days or earlier at times, then transplanted into a 1.5 gallon with mostly foxfarm and a small portion of my super soil mix and fed it twice with a lightly brewed compost tea, 2 pinches of kelp, small handfull of worm castings, 3 tablespoons black strap molases. The water was dechlorinated for 24 hrs prior to each tea feeding.

4. My super soil mix list is an estimate, i mixed over a year ago and then delayed my project so it sat untouched in plastic totes for over a year. This mix is used in small portions combined into the ffof and measures out to be about 6to8cf made up of 2 bags FFOF, large bag perlite, 2 large bags peat moss, half bag hydroton clay pebbles, the nutes added were half cup kelp, full bag of biochar, about a full cup neemseed meal, 2 cups dolomite lime and a few tablespoons of natures pride flower suppliment. I was recreating a mixture i seen a few times but theres an exact mixture in the super soil video that grow your greens posted on youtube. Some others mentioned the neem was too high and would fuck shit up so thats when i began diluting the soil with tbe peat moss which wasnt originally in my mix. So since i was told it could be a slightly hot mix, i chose to use it in small portions mixing into the bagged soil as a booster of sorts.

5. Temp has stayed around 69-75, RH was up in the 60's for first 20 odd days and is now at 50 Rh.

6. I have an air line in the base of the pot which areates the soil for a few hrs each day and a bit longer after any heavy watering and I account the explosive root growth even after being dropped twice to that air line and compost teas

7. Two fans running, one small fan at base of plant, 2nd oscilating fan aimed twards lights. I switch them on and off randomly.

8. No idea of PH as my dogs ate the strips and Im saving for a bluelab but the spring water is about a 7ph

If i recall any other details Ill add them or you guys can ask incase theres something i didnt mention. Please feel free to add some info.

PipeCarver

PipeCarver

Supporter
Its day 35 in veg, I topped at day 18 and I just began lst 4 days ago. Transplanted 2 times since start, accidentally dropped both times šŸ˜° and my little lady is now in a 1.5 gallon pot for 10 days. Im using all organic soil, a foliar spray every day or so, spring water for regular feeding and lightly brewed compost teas about once a week. My question atm is pretty simple, is the slight purple discoloration Im noticing at the end of branches where fan leaves begin, normal? Is this because of stress? The fan leaves look heavy and the new branches and new growth doesnt look the thickest yet and they look to be drooping the branches down a bit (not bending at stem but more where the leaf and stem connect) I released the ties to stop stressing it out at all.

Ps. Its getting colder and its in an open room rather than a tent bc Im kinda being lazy, are slight temp fluctuations more likely the culprit? Say 3-6 degree fluctuations

PPS, i assumed over watering may have contributed so I didnt water the 1.5gallon for 2 days now. Im thinking she'll need transplant in a day or two bc of root growth.
I too am no pro but the purple could be from stress & transplanting roughly. I've just had the very same issue after transplanting into new soil ( promix ) and they did stunt a bit but after 10 days or so everything is going well now. Some strains will do that as well I have one Granddaddy Purple out of 4 that has a purple stem at 2 weeks old. Cold could also be part of it.
I think a ph & ppm testers are a must have and they're not expensive.

Nectarivorous

Nectarivorous

Ty for the reply bro, being that it seemed not too serious of an issue, i tried to spare the extra extra long explanation, thinking the OG's would be able to diagnose it with a quick peek. My dumb ass assumption.

1. Lights are 2 marzhydro sp3000 at about 29 inches above the plant on 17hrs off 7.

2. For the 1st 7 days it was in happyfrog, I watered 2 times only, then transplanted to a half gallon pot with a mix of happyfrog and foxfarm ocean and forest, had to water every 2 days or earlier at times, then transplanted into a 1.5 gallon with mostly foxfarm and a small portion of my super soil mix and fed it twice with a lightly brewed compost tea, 2 pinches of kelp, small handfull of worm castings, 3 tablespoons black strap molases. The water was dechlorinated for 24 hrs prior to each tea feeding.

4. My super soil mix list is an estimate, i mixed over a year ago and then delayed my project so it sat untouched in plastic totes for over a year. This mix is used in small portions combined into the ffof and measures out to be about 6to8cf made up of 2 bags FFOF, large bag perlite, 2 large bags peat moss, half bag hydroton clay pebbles, the nutes added were half cup kelp, full bag of biochar, about a full cup neemseed meal, 2 cups dolomite lime and a few tablespoons of natures pride flower suppliment. I was recreating a mixture i seen a few times but theres an exact mixture in the super soil video that grow your greens posted on youtube. Some others mentioned the neem was too high and would fuck shit up so thats when i began diluting the soil with tbe peat moss which wasnt originally in my mix. So since i was told it could be a slightly hot mix, i chose to use it in small portions mixing into the bagged soil as a booster of sorts.

5. Temp has stayed around 69-75, RH was up in the 60's for first 20 odd days and is now at 50 Rh.

6. I have an air line in the base of the pot which areates the soil for a few hrs each day and a bit longer after any heavy watering and I account the explosive root growth even after being dropped twice to that air line and compost teas

7. Two fans running, one small fan at base of plant, 2nd oscilating fan aimed twards lights. I switch them on and off randomly.

8. No idea of PH as my dogs ate the strips and Im saving for a bluelab but the spring water is about a 7ph

If i recall any other details Ill add them or you guys can ask incase theres something i didnt mention. Please feel free to add some info.
Nah you could be right mate they may spot it straight up. From watching a lot of threads though you'll just end up being asked for this info. Great response and good detail, will give you every chance of getting the right info ā˜ŗļø

Madmax

Madmax

I would b stopping with the aeration of the roots..that wouldnt b doing nothing to help there cause..i reckon your roots are cold and thats why your leaves are drooping

BirdLaw86

BirdLaw86

Ill lay off for a few days and see how it goes. Any other suggestions are welcomed and greatly appreciated

BirdLaw86

BirdLaw86

Ok cool. Ill do that & cut the air out. I have to transplant soon as I have seen the roots tward the bottom of the pot in the drainage holes..do you suggest doing that later today when the lights pop back on? Its been 2 or 3 days since i noticed them at the bottom.

BirdLaw86

BirdLaw86

Im just trying to save for the blue lab rather than the more affordable ones

Madmax

Madmax

Y
Ok cool. Ill do that & cut the air out. I have to transplant soon as I have seen the roots tward the bottom of the pot in the drainage holes..do you suggest doing that later today when the lights pop back on? Its been 2 or 3 days since i noticed them at the bottom.
Yes you could do that bro...they will take off šŸ˜ƒ

BirdLaw86

BirdLaw86

Y

Yes you could do that bro...they will take off šŸ˜ƒ
After speaking to another grower who agreed to transplant, shes now in a 7gallon pot. The issue may have been solved, I have 2 guesses and both problems are currently being resolved and Im waiting to see the results. I was told it was over watered so today is day 3 no water and I assumed It could have been lights too close, but instead of a height problem, it actually was the light intensity being through the roof. According to google, 4,500 lumens is a good place to aim for, I was running a max of 18,000, i fire roasted my plant. No shes not dead and will be back better than ever. Below are pics from the lux meter and also pics of the root ball prior to filling her in after transplant.

Screenshot 20211019 171556
Screenshot 20211019 171526
Screenshot 20211019 171621
20211018 173629
20211018 173618
PipeCarver

PipeCarver

Supporter
After speaking to another grower who agreed to transplant, shes now in a 7gallon pot. The issue may have been solved, I have 2 guesses and both problems are currently being resolved and Im waiting to see the results. I was told it was over watered so today is day 3 no water and I assumed It could have been lights too close, but instead of a height problem, it actually was the light intensity being through the roof. According to google, 4,500 lumens is a good place to aim for, I was running a max of 18,000, i fire roasted my plant. No shes not dead and will be back better than ever. Below are pics from the lux meter and also pics of the root ball prior to filling her in after transplant.
I think lux and lumen's are 2 different readings. I'm new to the led but I have a reading of 18,000 lux 18" away from my light on at 100%. I have my other veg room with t5's and I have a lux of 23,000 2" from the light. I've read somewhere they can take up to 25,000 lux for max growth in veg. I've also heard of light burn from leds being too close. I'm not sure how I can get the intensity I need to flower without getting the light closer than recommended. T5's don't burn leaves until they touch the light.....I'm following along to watch and learn too.

Top Bottom