Day 40----Flower Day 8---My First Problem-- Rust Spots on Leafs

• Thread starter XxHammer
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Status
Not open for further replies.
freezeland2

freezeland2

Wow glad you mentioned this I’m now reading up on this product this interests me for my girlfriends grow since I’ll be taking care of it most of the time. My question is how do you incorporate your nutrients? I’m a new organic living soil grower and brew compost teas to feed my plants. Could I simply fill a 5 gallon res and leave it be like a hydro setup? Newbie here but it seems almost comparable to a hydro feed setup.I want to make sure not to over feed my plants as that worries me being a new grower.

I don’t use nutes. I am growing in SOHUM living soil. Just water with ph adjusted to 6 - 6.5. Having said that you can hand water your nutes in when needed. I also suppose you could add nutes to the reservoir at a low ec. The plants moisture intake and what you have the blumat dialed in to as far as moisture millibars would dictate how often they are being fed nutes. I’m just trying to keep it simple hence the living soil and water only. It’s working very well for me.

ImpulsiveGrower

ImpulsiveGrower

Supporter
I don’t use nutes. I am growing in SOHUM living soil. Just water with ph adjusted to 6 - 6.5. Having said that you can hand water your nutes in when needed. I also suppose you could add nutes to the reservoir at a low ec. The plants moisture intake and what you have the blumat dialed in to as far as moisture millibars would dictate how often they are being fed nutes. I’m just trying to keep it simple hence the living soil and water only. It’s working very well for me.
I’m in purple cows indicanja organic living soil and it’s been great but noticed a calcium deficiency and I think nitrogen so I began using roots organics terp tea bloom dry nutrients brewed in a compost tea. Ya that sounds like a good idea just water in my nutrients and then let the blumat do the rest.

lvstealth

lvstealth

Supporter
living soil is living, that means it makes the nutes the plant needs. you feed the soil to help it live and it feeds the plant. your plants roots put out stuff the living parts need and they put out stuff the plant needs and they make a happy couple... unless you start treating it like you are using a different method. you picked living soil, use it like it is living. as long as your soil is healthy, the plant can get EXACTLY what she needs at the EXACT time she needs it. if you start adding things to your soil to feed your plant, you mess with its balance and things go sideways.

lvstealth

lvstealth

Supporter
watering at the 3 day mark? and they are 3 gallon pots? are you sure they are dry?

if you think it is the nutes, just use water only next time. see if it still happens

XxHammer

XxHammer

watering at the 3 day mark? and they are 3 gallon pots? are you sure they are dry?

if you think it is the nutes, just use water only next time. see if it still happens

Yes. They are in. 3.6gal pots of FFOF. Ive been watering at the 3 day mark. They feel pretty fucking light on that 3rd day....Maybe push them to a 4th day? I never wait til the plant looks like it is dying...

Last time around they took 3/4 gallon each of water.

They are actually due to be watered tonight... But yeah, I think it is a good idea also to go back to just plain water with CaMg...

freezeland2

freezeland2

living soil is living, that means it makes the nutes the plant needs. you feed the soil to help it live and it feeds the plant. your plants roots put out stuff the living parts need and they put out stuff the plant needs and they make a happy couple... unless you start treating it like you are using a different method. you picked living soil, use it like it is living. as long as your soil is healthy, the plant can get EXACTLY what she needs at the EXACT time she needs it. if you start adding things to your soil to feed your plant, you mess with its balance and things go sideways.
Yep. That is why I only use water and keep it simple and me proof.

XxHammer

XxHammer

I am going to go back to just water and CaMg now. I watered last night and when I checked today I had noticed a few leafs had broken out with these spots again. I do notice that I don't really see them under normal light, but notice them under the HID... Regardless my ladies just dont seem to like these nutes unless this mild reaction is normal with new nutes

Steveystrappa

Steveystrappa

wet/dry cycle through all her life..
I'm just getting into gardening myself and this is the main thing I have learned with my exoticgenetix strain (or probably any strain)right now. It honestly likes it to be somewhat dry and is more perked up in my opinion. Learning the right watering techniques took the longest of everything for me.

GNick55

GNick55

Staff
Supporter
I'm just getting into gardening myself and this is the main thing I have learned with my exoticgenetix strain (or probably any strain)right now. It honestly likes it to be somewhat dry and is more perked up in my opinion. Learning the right watering techniques took the longest of everything for me.
once you see it or experience it, the fear of underwatering goes away!
also don’t go over feeding as it’s kinda the same as overwatering, too much is not good where as if not enough causes way less stress..
less is more with everything the lights too..
though always a fan blowing in the area and not so much on the plant when they are small, once a foot or so tall they can handle a strong wind just needs to be oscillating around.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom