• Tagged users None
Status
Not open for further replies.
GNick55

GNick55

Staff
Supporter
Thats great because I am a newbie.
well were trying to help that’s all., do you see how the net is going to be getting in the way of caring for your plants?
everyone starts out new and makes mistakes, i did and so has everyone else.
your not expected to know the reason why to some things, we will guide you through it, which should bring success your way somewhat..
it’s all good brother, i understand your frustration..

Moshmen

Moshmen

I cant really do that now that they are under the Net. I mean I COULD but it would be a major pain in the ass and not an efficient and effective method. I am wanting to learn techniques that I can apply on a larger scale as well.

Wet/Dry--- this is what I have already been trying to do.... I did buy a 2nd moisture meter, this one does seem a little more accurate. I need to learn how to use it as well.
Soil moisture meters are usually useless , don’t waste your money

XxHammer

XxHammer

well were trying to help that’s all., do you see how the net is going to be getting in the way of caring for your plants?
everyone starts out new and makes mistakes, i did and so has everyone else.
your not expected to know the reason why to some things, we will guide you through it, which should bring success your way somewhat..
it’s all good brother, i understand your frustration..

I 100% agree. I only bought and used this stupid thing because Growsince and maybe several others instructed me to... and since I am newbie, I was listening to people with more experience

I initially wanted to use Bamboo or metal stakes to support any overweight branches and was basically called and idiot for even thinking about that.

XxHammer

XxHammer

Soil moisture meters are usually useless , don’t waste your money

I am learning this now also. I mainly try picking up the pots and gauging that way. That is the main way I have been gauging when to water, based on weight. That and tracking the time between watering.

KDB42

KDB42

I've learned that sometimes you learn better by f'ing up than you do by being given the answer. But this forum has helped me more than I ever imagined just by reading all the helpful info. If it doesn't pertain to me now it probably will in the future.

GNick55

GNick55

Staff
Supporter
I 100% agree. I only bought and used this stupid thing because Growsince and maybe several others instructed me to... and since I am newbie, I was listening to people with more experience

I initially wanted to use Bamboo or metal stakes to support any overweight branches and was basically called and idiot for even thinking about that.
all good, save the net it may come in use in the future,
you want to be able to easily access your plants especially when your just starting out, yep stakes work or hangers that attach to the top inside of tent poles to hold up branches or putting up a chain around the 4 poles to attach branches too, a few ways to make it easier to get to plants..
either way your on the right track now by getting help by all the great growers on here.,

growsince79

growsince79

I never told you to use it. I told you how to use it. I also told you a hundred times how to water and you still seem to be struggling with what dry means. Gl

GNick55

GNick55

Staff
Supporter
I never told you to use it. I told you how to use it. I also told you a hundred times how to water and you still seem to be struggling with what dry means. Gl
hey it’s all good,
you’ve helped a ton of growers on here and your well liked!
everyone appreciates your help!
he’s probably just had a frustrating moment realizing there’s more to growing than he thought..
peace brother

XxHammer

XxHammer

I appreciate the help and I am going to stick with this method for now. It seems to be working so I will finish this grow up and leave the net up. In all honesty 4 plants inside a 3x3 + where I have the tent located will make it hard to tend the plants regardless of whether or not the net is there

I dont think I am struggling with what "dry," means... But as a first time grower it can be difficult to tell when the pot is 100% dry... I am getting better and have always used the "lift" method but that isnt 100% accurate either

it's frustrating getting conflicting information... Like someone will suggest something, ill do it... then ill update saying that I made the change and then ill get 2-3 replies saying how the change I made was a waste or not a good idea... ya know? That is the only frustrating part.

growsince79

growsince79

I appreciate the help and I am going to stick with this method for now. It seems to be working so I will finish this grow up and leave the net up. In all honesty 4 plants inside a 3x3 + where I have the tent located will make it hard to tend the plants regardless of whether or not the net is there

I dont think I am struggling with what "dry," means... But as a first time grower it can be difficult to tell when the pot is 100% dry... I am getting better and have always used the "lift" method but that isnt 100% accurate either

it's frustrating getting conflicting information... Like someone will suggest something, ill do it... then ill update saying that I made the change and then ill get 2-3 replies saying how the change I made was a waste or not a good idea... ya know? That is the only frustrating part.
Peat based soil holds lots of water. If you get runoff using less than 30% of the containers size, it's probably not dry enough. But that also depends on the mix. Adding perlite reduces the amount the soil can hold. 1 gal water is 8.34lbs. 5 gal needs to lose about 12lbs before you water again. gl

Og_punkgenetics

Og_punkgenetics

I tested my runoff... The pH seems good but when I tested the PPM's from the Vac it was reading at like 2000 which is insanely high, I know....

So what might be causing my runoff to be reading so high?

I tested the water I am feeding. That is coming in around 850-900 PPM
How many salts in your medium

growsince79

growsince79

If its 100% dry the plant will look dead. Catch it in time and water and you can watch it come back.

XxHammer

XxHammer

If its 100% dry the plant will look dead. Catch it in time and water and you can watch it come back.

Yeah, I have never let it go anywhere close to that. I will check it tonight (48hrs), but plan to push back the next feed until at least the 72hr mark. Give the ladies an opportunity to dry out a bit more then...

XxHammer

XxHammer

20210512 212459
20210512 200923

I think it is a nute deficiency... I discovered that this plant has 3 main colas... Whereas the other 3 plants have 2 each...

This plant goes 3 and 3 branches whereas the other 3 plants go 2-2-2 if that makes any sense

So i think the plant just doesnt have enough.nutes to support 3 colas.. Thoughts on this theory?

Cant figure why else it would be just that 1 plant

lvstealth

lvstealth

Supporter
watering. the net would not be so bad if you had learned the weight thing first. after you get the feel, you can just barely lift on the bag with a finger at the handle. even with the net, if she needs water you can stick one finger on the handle or under the edge and push up, and know it is light enough. if you dont feel it light like sawdust then dont water.

none of the experienced farmers here would say use a meter! they measure one space, a very small space. so unless you stick it all over you dont know that your meter isnt in some roots with little to no dirt to touch the sensor. or right above the water table (not the right wording, but youd know what i mean if you had read Aqua's post on watering).

i have said this many times, but i personally think you would actually learn if you went about it a bit differently. you are on a first grow, you should worry over water and lights and environment (heat, cool, humidity...) and not jump on every little fad or thing that you hear about. nets, lst, fimming, topping, and all the messing about with ph runoff in soil without reading about it and learning. you are trying to do too much, and normally that leads to frustration, doing too much and being new often leads to frustration and then defeat. your net isnt even doing anything for them! well, i guess it is, it is stopping you from tending them properly.

at this point you have used lots of techniques and methods and manners of things... but because of that, you wont learn any one of them well.

just try what they are saying... dont water till pot is light, get rid of the net, and a picture of the brown spots would help

XxHammer

XxHammer

Watered last night at the 3 day mark. They were ready.

And yes i understand what youre saying. A lot of trial and error. That is why i started with a 3x3 tent and didn't go straight to 12 plants.

I am going to keep the net. At this point removing it might be more harmful.

XxHammer

XxHammer

20210514 201148
20210512 212459
20210514 201755
20210514 201139

They showed themselves again.... Now im starting to think it is Nute Burn. It appears after watering....

I was watering with RO and just CaMg up until Flower

Then I started adding General Organics BioThrive Bloom in Flower.. Started with 2 "light feedings," then moved to "heavy feedings,"...

Should I go back to Light Feedings? Scrap completely and just keep running RO + CaMg?

Dont mind the "white spots" I will wash the leafs tomorrow when I am off work. I did an Epsom Salt foliar spray the other night to see if that would help anything and didnt use RO water.

Last edited:
ImpulsiveGrower

ImpulsiveGrower

Supporter
I have a Blumat moisture meter that has been worth it’s weight in gold for me. To each their own. I use a blumat drip system . Haven’t hand watered since I can’t remember. Soil is at perfect moisture and plants are happy.
Wow glad you mentioned this I’m now reading up on this product this interests me for my girlfriends grow since I’ll be taking care of it most of the time. My question is how do you incorporate your nutrients? I’m a new organic living soil grower and brew compost teas to feed my plants. Could I simply fill a 5 gallon res and leave it be like a hydro setup? Newbie here but it seems almost comparable to a hydro feed setup.I want to make sure not to over feed my plants as that worries me being a new grower.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Top Bottom