Day 7. Seedling cannot stand. Help!

• Thread starter loveinyourheart
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
L

loveinyourheart

Ive given a good 2 liter in each 5 gallons. I think indeed my media was dry!

I have two RA1000 light. but for the seedling stage, I only use 1 in my 2x2 tent. My light is about 28 " from the seedlings. is that enough light? Should I use both lights now that im almost day 10?

L

loveinyourheart

nevermind my question in my previous post, it seem I cant edit my previous post

ive read about adding more light and I understood I just had to lower my one active light down to 24", it covers well the 2x2 space. eventually when ill need to be at 18" for late vegetative and flowering, i guess ill have to use both lights.

L

loveinyourheart

day 11: things seems worst and worst?

the bottom right plant seem to be getting worst and worst. she cannot stand on its own like 2 more, but this one seem a bit worst. yellowish leaves that seem to be weaker then the others...

IMG 0110
IMG 0111
IMG 0112
IMG 0113
11Ron11

11Ron11

I personally don't like those pots that's why I bought Air pots.
Seedlings need high humidity and lots of oxygen.
I grew in big pots as well but knew before hand that watering was going to be more difficult.
In big pots you water until run off but don't water again until needed could be a couple days.
I would use a peroxide water mixture could help aerate the soil.
Good luck!

N1ghtL1ght

N1ghtL1ght

Staff
Supporter
Your plants look overwatered, the roots esp. on young plants, need atmosphere to do gas exchange.
Usually this is to be found in between the coco grains but when you use soil or compost that sits in between the grains and take that ability away.

You need to treat your mix as an organic soil. Work a wet n dry cycle, and feed teas, carbs, myks, "recharge" etc to establish a healthy microbe milieu that will supply the plants need feeding on the compost in your soil.

Small plants don't drink that much it takes weeks until such a huge pot is light/dry again.

Optimal root condition for plant growth in soil is:
45% soil content
5% dry fertilizer content/minerals
25% water
25% atmosphere

Typical error thar new growers make:
overwatering and loving plants to death.

Hope this helps

Madbud

Madbud

Respect the light, 115w draw and no dimmer, i’d move them back to around 30”.

GNick55

GNick55

Staff
Supporter
Can also happen when temps are too high for seedlings. I believe over 82f.
agree high ambient temps and or light distance are the two most common reasons for seedling stretch..

L

loveinyourheart

Just want to thanks everyone in here for the help. for my next grow, ill add 20% perlite to the mix for sure.

I lol at “beginners loves their plants to death”. that is definitely me right now, i open the tent 5 times a day

Ok for overwatering. When it was too dry a couple of days ago, i did feel giving 2 liters in each pots probably too much. ill wait untill fully dry so at least almost a week before watering again

for the light, i did feel it was too close and as measured they were about 22” away, ive back it up to around 26” away which gives PAR level between 150-280.

my temps is between 24 to 27 celcius and humidity around 60…

again, thx for the help and i welcome it all!

Last edited:
L

loveinyourheart

You need to treat your mix as an organic soil. Work a wet n dry cycle, and feed teas, carbs, myks, "recharge" etc to establish a healthy microbe milieu that will supply the plants need feeding on the compost in your soil
what would be the best options to add a healthy microbe milieu?
ive read about adding molasse in the flowering stage, but what else should i absolutely buy?
thx!

N1ghtL1ght

N1ghtL1ght

Staff
Supporter
what would be the best options to add a healthy microbe milieu?
ive read about adding molasse in the flowering stage, but what else should i absolutely buy?
thx!
hey, I do not wish to advertise specific products but there are additives that have mykhorriza & beneficial bacteria's and these should settle in your compost & the plants rhizosphere (they eat the old roots & the carbs secreted by the roots, the fungi establish a symbiosis)

Compost teas are also something to boost the bacterial soillife.

But the most important aspect is to find the sweet spot when its optimal to give water, and how much.
When the plant is growing vigorously, it will stretch its leaves upwards and if they go down drooping after watering for a day or two, then it's been too early.

If you're really unshure you could let the plant wilt for 1 time, check the weight of the pot and take that as your base, just you should then water half a day more early. Later when the plant has grown much larger than the pot it will become much more tolerable to high amounts of water, esp. in pouches

L

loveinyourheart

hey, I do not wish to advertise specific products but there are additives that have mykhorriza & beneficial bacteria's and these should settle in your compost & the plants rhizosphere (they eat the old roots & the carbs secreted by the roots, the fungi establish a symbiosis)

Compost teas are also something to boost the bacterial soillife.

But the most important aspect is to find the sweet spot when its optimal to give water, and how much.
When the plant is growing vigorously, it will stretch its leaves upwards and if they go down drooping after watering for a day or two, then it's been too early.

If you're really unshure you could let the plant wilt for 1 time, check the weight of the pot and take that as your base, just you should then water half a day more early. Later when the plant has grown much larger than the pot it will become much more tolerable to high amounts of water, esp. in pouches
If I look at the beginning of the thread, ive been recommended to fully hydrate my 5 gallons pot, as much as to have run off.... well I did soak the 5 gallons but didnt even wait for run off, and still it seems I overwatered. so, was the early recommendations not a good one?

Edinburgh

Edinburgh

Now my seedlings are 2 weeks from sprout, was unsure if had to be tied down but went and did it to show you, hope it helped, will remove ties in a few days, allso gave them a taste of Botanacare Pro Grow, this is a great food for autoflowers mostly just fish mulch and nitro in 10+ years never burned an auto in veg mode, iml per USgal the waterd down, I water my plants drain fill a 16oz cup of water add a small splash stir feed and drain they luv it, for bloom I use Atami Bloombastic same dose same way but go super light or you will fry them, keep it simple, that is all I use, as long as you use good dirt ie fox farm ocean forest, good drainage, and these 2 nutes its pretty easy, but they can be fussy bitchy plants and are not grown the same as a photoperiod plant. First Pic either crystal candy or cream carmel unsure last 2 pics 4 assed monkey.

20220328 081332
20220328 085345
20220328 093527
L

loveinyourheart

Day 13: Heres how its looking today. Ive raised my light a little just to be on the safe side.

any obvious problems? one of my plant i can see the root and some hair on the root. Is that normal?

E82C97E7 99A4 4B51 9943 DC062BD18F84
F9107F90 DCAD 464D A1CE EB00B5BACDC5
7DE46D5D 679F 42A1 BA72 47008B141674
ADCB94BF AD95 4934 A26A B8E355B53AEF
Last edited:
Oldchucky

Oldchucky

Supporter
I wish mine would look that good after 12 days! Good job! Route looks healthy also but I would cover them.

L

loveinyourheart

I wish mine would look that good after 12 days! Good job! Route looks healthy also but I would cover them.
hi, cool, thats encouraging! after looking at edinburg pics i realized mine looked bigger at the same stage so i figured my setup seem to be tuned decently at least. I just dont want to lose my seeds since they were quite expensive being mephisto’s…

L

loveinyourheart

ok, so am I right that the bottom right plant seem dry-ish? those ripple on the leaves? im not sure if its simply dry or a more serious issue going on with that plant...

Latest posts

Top Bottom