Day by day from seed

• Thread starter Ke72
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Ke72

Ke72

I'm making this post for the number of people that are concerned about the growth of their cannabis plants in the beginning. In this thread I will include pictures of day by day plant growth and progress. They will be going outside in about a month but for the meantime they are inside in a 24x12 plastic tray with a humidity dome and sitting on a vivosun seedling heat mat. Each seed was germinated in a moist paper towel until the tap root was about 2-3mm. Then the seeds were dropped into 1.5" grodan rockwool cubes that were soaked in water that's been ph'd to 5.55. Here is the first picture at 24 hours. The tap roots came out of all the seeds by 18 hours and I dropped them into the rockwool cubes and gently pushed the seeds down with a pencil to make sure the root was touching the rockwool to stay moist.

Day by day from seed
Ke72

Ke72

Day 2. The extra rockwool cubes are from a couple extra seeds that decided to germinate on day 2. Some extra info I forgot to mention above is that inside the humidity dome, the temperature is kept at 78 degrees Fahrenheit with close to 100% humidity. The light I have above it is a 20w florescent aquarium light that I'll only be using until they get a couple inches tall. I set the light right onto the humidity dome

Screenshot 20210315 132701 Gallery
Ke72

Ke72

Day 3. Unfortunately, I ran into a problem this morning and had a few fatalities. The shelf that the tray was on fell, but it seems most of them survived.
Screenshot 20210316 182413 Gallery

ezenzyme

ezenzyme

Are you growing in rockwool or did you use the cubes for ease of starting?

Ke72

Ke72

Day 4. Don't expect much growth the first couple days. Most people count day one as about this but I counted day one as the day that the seeds were dry and I put them into a paper towel.
Screenshot 20210317 202616 Gallery

Top Bottom