Day vs night temp diff

• Thread starter Ph 007
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Ph 007

Ph 007

Can keeping the night temps close or even the same as daytime temps cause problems ?

I been running 74f min at night for the first 2 weeks of flower to stop the stretch its worked a treat, I guess it was bouncing from about 74-76f at night as my oil radiator kicked in to stop the room going below 74f

my day temps are 75-77max

Will day and night temps the same cause problems for the first 2-3 weeks or even foe the whole grow? I read mmixed options on Google so far.

I usually then drop my night temps back to stay about 70-72f
But I'm thinking of going no lower than 72f because when I go below 72f the humidity rises to about 60-62% bit high for flower,,
But If i aim for 72f min at night my night temps could be anywhere between 72-75f as I use a oil radiator

Any help be much appreciated

GNick55

GNick55

Staff
Supporter
this grow of mine ive kept the temps at 73-77 and humidity at 50, 24/7..
temps can bounce within 10 points from day to night and be fine.. anything below 60 will cause issues.
humidity though should be kept within a 5 point range ideally.. as big jumps in humidity can cause wpm..

Ph 007

Ph 007

temps can bounce within 10 points from day to night and be fine.. anything below 60 will cause issues.
humidity though should be kept within a 5 point range ideally.. as big jumps in humidity can cause wpm..
You done this many time or is it your first time still growing the crop your testing in on?
Aquar man did say he seen no diffrence with 2 - 10° diff where is my super hero when I need him

GNick55

GNick55

Staff
Supporter
You done this many time or is it your first time still growing the crop your testing in on?
Aquar man did say he seen no diffrence with 2 - 10° diff where is my
2super hero when I need him
no not a first grow..
2-10 ? temp ya that’s good even humidity should stay within 10 points but no more, reasoning being white powdery mildew if present will get started with humidity fluncuations., and better for plants

Edinburgh

Edinburgh

My grows do not exceed 80f with light on, when there in there period of darkness let temps fall to around 72f, this cools down plants and lets them strech out, in winter grow indica and expose plants to 60f night temps could go much lower as an indica plant can usaley stand temps of 45f or a bit lower but at 60f they frost up nicely.

20201126 081247
Aqua Man

Aqua Man

At even or negative diff internode spacing will shorten especially negative diff. You will lose a slight amount of overall growth but very handy in controlling height and or stretch of some of the labkier genetics indoors.

Pretty much no difference in a temp diff of 2-10f ime. But once you hit 0 you notice a bit and -2f+ it's very noticeable

Flexnerb

Flexnerb

Wpm? White powdery mildew?

Ph 007

Ph 007

Thanks guys , a great help

Im gonna stick to this then

Veg and flower

Day 75-77f

Night 72-74f

and first 2 weeks flower 74min Not aiming for a diff well not worrying about no diff lol, the fan will stop it going over 77f at night if it did ever go they high in first 2 weeks

I was worrying that if nights did end up same as day they migh turn hermi

Latest posts

Top Bottom