Dd's Perpetual Medical Wonderlust

• Thread starter DismalDude
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
DismalDude

DismalDude

Hello once again fellow farmers.
I've been growing for a few years now and learning as I go thanks to advice and knowledge given to me by my fellow farmers.
I've always wanted a "real" perpetual grow but didn't have the space,the money,or the genetics.
I've had some good genetics throughout the years but let them go after a few grows due to various reasons.
I wonder if the green crack I had and gifted to some is still alive out there somewhere.I like to think that it is.
Anyway,I'm finally at a place in my life where I believe I can actually keep a perpetual going and prepared to take the leap.
The last couple of months I've been cracking seeds and searching for some keeper girls.
I've had mixed results but I'm finally ready to start the ball rolling.
For this project I will be growing from the following girls that turned up in my crackin:

Uncle Fester's Skunk 18 BX1
Raspberry Boogie
Mt. Dew Baja Blast
Candyland
Mama Mia
Possibly Northern Soul as well,it depends on the finish and whether I like it or not.
I also cracked 5 freebie seeds from Mosca Pink line and got 3 unknown females.
Maybe I can figure out what they are when they reach maturity.

If I get my hands on a Dr. Grinspoon she'll have her own tent but that may be a few months.
The girls are all doing fine and when they get big enough for clones this grow will launch full force.
My flower tent is in use at the moment with 1 Mama Mia and 1 Northern Soul which will be finishing up next month.
Putting up a new tent for mama's in the next few days and will have one for clones too.
I have been using GH nutes for awhile now and have zero complaints.The addition of Sea Green has been very nice as well.
For the upcoming perpetual though I will be using Nectar For The Gods and Sea Green.
I've only used the bloom kaos for foliar with excellent results up until today where I gave them their first real feed.
Ok,I've babbled on long enough for one day.Really looking forward to getting everything going and dialing it in,thanks for reading.

Here are the Mama Mia and the Northern Soul at 33 days into flower.

Dds perpetual medical wonderlust

Mama Mia
Dds perpetual medical wonderlust 2

Northern Soul
Dds perpetual medical wonderlust 3

My future mothers

DismalDude

DismalDude

Today I had a fantastic thing happen. A couple weeks ago I was introduced to a MMJ patient who was making long trips back and forth to NY because that's where his hookup was. He was making those road trips on the regular and a friend of mine who is his neighbor suggested he might want to meet me.
We hit it off really well and ended up having a lot in common.
He got a qp from me and all was good but he texted me later that night.He said,"man,I really love the fact that you have passion in what you're doing and I'm here to tell you that your product is fantastic and I look forward to a long and enduring relationship with you."
Dude is straight up and those kind words are what makes what I do that more fulfilling.
So excited for the future!

DismalDude

DismalDude

Day 43 and all is going pretty well for the Mama Mia and Northern Soul.The cat piss smell on the NS has toned down quite a bit and a sweeter more earthy smell is taking over.(Thank god,that cat piss smell is just not my thing at all.) So ready to start my upcoming girls but I must be patient.Ok,here they are!Thanks for dropping by!

Right before water/feed.
Mama Mia
20180809 134607

Northern Soul
20180809 134619

DismalDude

DismalDude

A week ago I took a from under fluffy bud from the Mama Mia and let it dry.I tested it tonight and though it was not that top shelf taste at all,it did have the undertones that you know are going to be great.I opted for a joint and smoked half.Gotta say I was really surprised.It has a creeper effect and good pain relief even at 7 weeks.It also made me sleepy and really high.The Mama Mia is going to be a winner for sure.

DismalDude

DismalDude

Hm,looks like I double posted some pics...whatever,internet was shit last night and I was toasted.
Took my clones from the mama's today.I have 2 mama's of each of the plants in the following pics.Soon as this run is done I'll be running all the mama's out.Peace!
20180816 133426
20180816 133623
20180816 135500
20180816 143754
20180816 150521

DismalDude

DismalDude

Btw,that little cloner has been 100% successful since I've had it.I recently ordered some spoked inserts and am giving them a try before I build my 5 gal. bucket.You can put several clones in one hole with this design instead of just one.I put 4-6 in each hole so we'll see how it turns out.I got 50 for $11 and it came with 10 free micro spray heads.

NewEngland

NewEngland

Amazing peformance by each of those plants. Good job man. What kind of PPMs are you feeding them once she hits 12/12 and how much light do you have on them?

DismalDude

DismalDude

Amazing peformance by each of those plants. Good job man. What kind of PPMs are you feeding them once she hits 12/12 and how much light do you have on them?
Hey there NewEngland and thank you very much. I never paid any mind to PPM's until just recently when I got a TDS meter.I just use the feed schedule as a reference and then see how the plant reacts then go from there.Theoretically I should be shooting for 6 to 800 at the moment I believe but I usually end up at about 1000 because of my tap water.I have no RO system but it will be coming in the future.Out of the tap I'm between 7-800.I just fill 5 gallon buckets and then aerate them for 24-48 hrs. and then adjust the PH after I've mixed my nutrients.The science shit behind growing is still a learning experience for me but I have the passion and the patience along with being willing to learn although it may be at a slower pace than some as I'm just an old dog.Thanks for stopping by! Peace.

DismalDude

DismalDude

Hey there NewEngland and thank you very much. I never paid any mind to PPM's until just recently when I got a TDS meter.I just use the feed schedule as a reference and then see how the plant reacts then go from there.Theoretically I should be shooting for 6 to 800 at the moment I believe but I usually end up at about 1000 because of my tap water.I have no RO system but it will be coming in the future.Out of the tap I'm between 7-800.I just fill 5 gallon buckets and then aerate them for 24-48 hrs. and then adjust the PH after I've mixed my nutrients.The science shit behind growing is still a learning experience for me but I have the passion and the patience along with being willing to learn although it may be at a slower pace than some as I'm just an old dog.Thanks for stopping by! Peace.
Ah,the light,almost forgot that.I purchased 2 Timber Redwood VS fixtures at the 3000k range specifically for flower.They are fantastic lights especially for someone that doesn't find the time to be a DIY.Shit,I have enough going on... Dan from Timber is a really great guy and can answer any light related questions you can throw at him.I would 1000% recommend Timber Lights to anyone,fantastic company with A+++ support. ;)

NewEngland

NewEngland

Well Kudos to you. Those are some amazing plants and thanks for answering my question so promptly. so are those plants under 6000 (2, 3000s) or one 3,000? I'm in an 8x4 with one blackdog 600 LED and dont turn on my second blackdog 600 because it raises the temps inside my tent too high for this time of year. cant turn on both lights for another two months however, your running 3000+. thats killer man.

DismalDude

DismalDude

Well Kudos to you. Those are some amazing plants and thanks for answering my question so promptly. so are those plants under 6000 (2, 3000s) or one 3,000? I'm in an 8x4 with one blackdog 600 LED and dont turn on my second blackdog 600 because it raises the temps inside my tent too high for this time of year. cant turn on both lights for another two months however, your running 3000+. thats killer man.
I almost went with Black Dog.I had looked at several but just didn't have a grip on function,spectrum,etc. @sixstring really helped me make my final decision as he has a lot of knowledge on lighting.Kudos to him for that! :) Always nice to talk with someone that's actually using the technology. I got 2 of the Redwoods and they are 600's but equivalent to1000HPS.Better in my opinion by a longshot.They fit a 4x8 perfectly.It's like a match made in heaven. ;) The 3000k is just the spectrum and at that amount it's for pretty much flowering only.It was a great choice for me.

NewEngland

NewEngland

Wow! Thats intense. how are you cooling your area? I would imagine the deuce 3000s throw off a shit ton of heat. your pulling temps back to the 70s so I suspect you have a major AC rocking in there as well.

DismalDude

DismalDude

Wow! Thats intense. how are you cooling your area? I would imagine the deuce 3000s throw off a shit ton of heat. your pulling temps back to the 70s so I suspect you have a major AC rocking in there as well.
I had a little bit of cooling issues at first but it was easily solved with air flow.COB Led's are a bit cooler than the blurples.No AC except the vents in the room.Exhaust is scrubbed and goes outside.

NewEngland

NewEngland

I had a little bit of cooling issues at first but it was easily solved with air flow.COB Led's are a bit cooler than the blurples.No AC except the vents in the room.Exhaust is scrubbed and goes outside.
DD - you got it nailed down. Good for you. Not an easy task.

Latest posts

Top Bottom