Dea Approves Synthetic Marijuana For Company That Spent $500k To Keep Weed Illegal

• Thread starter jumpincactus
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
jumpincactus

jumpincactus

Premium Member
Supporter
Here is some newz that is near and dear to my heart as I am a AZ resident and we like other states have a huge meth and painkiller abuse problem. This company was instrumental in shutting down our 2016 ballot measure to legalize pot in AZ. My name is jumpincactus and I certify this is NOT Fake newz......

k2_syntheticMarijuana_jpg_800x1000_q100.jpg

A package of K2 which contains herbs and spices sprayed with a synthetic compound chemically similar to THC, the psychoactive ingredient in marijuana. (AP Photo)

Lobbying in the nation’s capitol is a billion dollar industry, but sometimes, companies dip their toes into state and local politics, as well. When giant corporations want to influence bills and national elections, they generally spread their money around, cozying up to a number of politicians and shaking hands with numerous government officials. However, at the local level, high-dollar financing is a bit more transparent.

Insys Therapeutics is a small player on the national scale. The Center for Responsive Politics reported that they spent only $120,000 lobbying in D.C. in 2016. But in Arizona, where the company is based, they forked over $500,000 — and they did it to keep marijuana illegal in the traditionally Republican state.

Last September, the Washington Post first reported the large donation, which was “one of the largest single contributions to any anti-legalization campaign ever.” Insys’ money was given to Arizonans for Responsible Drug Policy, a localized political action committee that opposed the state’s ballot measure to legalize cannabis in 2016. That measure was ultimately defeated, and now the group is fighting the Arizona Marijuana Legalization Initiative, a bill that could hit Arizona ballot boxes on November 8, 2018.

According to the full text of the bill, acquired by Anti-Media via ballotpedia.org, the application was filed at the beginning of March. It states that “marijuana and cannabis have been used safely for thousands of years for recreational, medical, religious and industrial purposes.” The bill also cited a study funded in part by the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration that “did not show a significant increase in levels of crash risk associated with the presence of drugs.”

The bill proposes a number of changes that would essentially legalize marijuana. These include:

“There shall be no limit on the number of cannabis plants in a personal grow that are not yet in a state of florescence.”

“All persons at least twenty-one years of age are authorized to maintain a home garden provided the person obtains a transaction privilege tax license.”

“Commercial grows, home gardens and cannabis sales are not authorized within 1,000 feet of a school.”

According to the Washington Post, Insys has “developed a drug based on a synthetic ingredient, THC. Called Syndros, the drug was approved by the Food and Drug Administration in July for treatment of AIDS and cancer patients’ symptoms.”

Insys was just given preliminary approval for Syndros from the Drug Enforcement Agency (DEA) this week.

However, Insys has a shady history as a big pharmaceutical company, as they manufacture Subsys fentanyl, a deadly painkiller. An NBC report found that as of 2015, Insys had enjoyed sales of $147.2 million for their high-risk drug. They also came under investigation for the aggressive manner in which they were marketing and selling their drug. The NBC study quoted the Oregon assistant attorney general, who stated, “I’ve been investigating drug cases for about 15 years now, and the conduct that we saw in this case was among the most unconscionable that I’ve seen.”

For Insys, the fight against marijuana legalization has been long and arduous. In 2011, they retained the lobbying firm Hyman, Phelps & Mcnamara to nudge the DEA against legalization. In a statement to thePost, the company claimed they oppose marijuana legalization because “marijuana’s safety hasn’t been demonstrated through the federal regulatory process.”

Safer Arizona, the group fighting for legalization, features the tagline, “We don’t have a drug problem, we have a political problem,” on their website. Marijuana legalization in Arizona would be a huge step for nationwide legalization, as the state is seen as a stronghold of traditional American values. However, if big pharma continues to bankroll the opposition, the political action groups fighting against legalization will have more money to fund campaigns for local politicians who share their sympathies.

This work by the Anti-Media is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-
NonCommercial-ShareAlike 3.0 International License.

http://www.mintpressnews.com/dea-ap...ail&utm_term=0_d7ffde3304-29ddc27237-42134849

xavier7995

xavier7995

Of course it's way safer to ingest mystery jwh-xx compounds that weed. That devil lettuce...well I hear it makes the jazz heads play jazz faster to get the white women all hopped up. They wouldn't call it dope for nothing and it is more dangerous than heroin, wouldn't be schedule I if it wasn't.

In all seriousness, it really sucks that there is more money to be made by keeping it illegal than to legalize. Tax revenues from pot are really not that much compared to other industries and it doesn't take that big of a campaign contribution to sway key people. It's going to be quite a bit harder to move forward on that front for a bit. Will meet you AZ cats at 4 corners and run a really long hookah hose over the border, got ya covered as they say.

jumpincactus

jumpincactus

Premium Member
Supporter
Of course it's way safer to ingest mystery jwh-xx compounds that weed. That devil lettuce...well I hear it makes the jazz heads play jazz faster to get the white women all hopped up. They wouldn't call it dope for nothing and it is more dangerous than heroin, wouldn't be schedule I if it wasn't.

In all seriousness, it really sucks that there is more money to be made by keeping it illegal than to legalize. Tax revenues from pot are really not that much compared to other industries and it doesn't take that big of a campaign contribution to sway key people. It's going to be quite a bit harder to move forward on that front for a bit. Will meet you AZ cats at 4 corners and run a really long hookah hose over the border, got ya covered as they say.
LOL right on brother!!!

GT21

GT21

I like soup
Supporter
I almost bought insys stock..glad i didnt... just another scumbag company trying to get rich. I have doubts about all weed companies now.... its like me buying stock in Phillip morris... hell no

xavier7995

xavier7995

@GT21 just as a heads up, lots of mutual fund companies have a couple of "socially responsible" fund offerings if your concerned on that front. They give people peace of mind, but are a bit more expensive and performance can suck due to a limited number of stocks they can select from. Calvert is a big provider of them iirc.

GT21

GT21

I like soup
Supporter
@GT21 just as a heads up, lots of mutual fund companies have a couple of "socially responsible" fund offerings if your concerned on that front. They give people peace of mind, but are a bit more expensive and performance can suck due to a limited number of stocks they can select from. Calvert is a big provider of them iirc.
Is there a stock you would recommend or no? I was looking at NUTRITIONAL HIGH i think it is...like .15 a share.. whatever i pick its gonna be canadian based... im not screwing with us companies... we live in a fuckin circus

xavier7995

xavier7995

Tbh, I wouldn't recommend any sort of pot stock, and as a bigger picture approach would stay away from anything trading for less than a buck(I wouldn't touch anything under 10). The financials don't look great and there is just a lot of room for investors to get swindled trying to trade pennies.

if you do go with it, keep that investment small and get ready to lose it.

Edit: one thing to consider is that average dollar volume being traded per day is only $8500, depending on how much you are looking to invest, that could be very problematic to getting in and out of a position. Let's say you are trying to buy 5k worth...your going to end up moving the price or just straight not being able to get the trade executed.

Last edited:
Tardbuster

Tardbuster

I almost bought insys stock..glad i didnt... just another scumbag company trying to get rich. I have doubts about all weed companies now.... its like me buying stock in Phillip morris... hell no

Thats what legalization is all about. Handing the market over to corporations who have zero interest in growing pot and actually hate nature with a passion.

The same people who make cigarettes will be making joints and popo will be choking out anyone who doesn't have a tax stamp on the bottom of their baggy.

What happened with synthetic opioids or tobacco is very likely to happen with Cannabinoids. "commercialization", modernization. Nature is too unpredictable,unprofitable.

You can tell me Marlboroughs are a natural tobacco product all you want, its not! Pot is following suit and Arizona has been a testing ground for "commercialized" medical marijuana.. Insys probably owns several dispensaries. Not even joking. The weed aint right in Az, its definitely a tester market for neocommercialized weed (premature warehouse bagseed hydro full of plumper sugars and scent additives, mixed batches of leaf stripped and reinfused with synthetic scent blends), very obvious where the future of legal weed lies.

Last edited:
indicabush

indicabush

@GT21 .....look at Canadian Cannabis stocks; I do have some American stocks, but the Canadian side is doing better ( at least for me ). Yes, I have some sin stocks (tobacco) to back-up my Cannabis stocks.

GT21

GT21

I like soup
Supporter
Thanks a bunch... ya there are 3 stocks that im really interested in... im just getting back to having a little extra cash and i would like to play in the Canadian market... usa is a little crazy... were the type of country that legalizes shit then still locks you up for it hahaha.. its funny all the people were claiming april 1 was going to be the market boom... i didn't see the stocks i want really do anything.

LocalGrowGuy

LocalGrowGuy

Thanks a bunch... ya there are 3 stocks that im really interested in... im just getting back to having a little extra cash and i would like to play in the Canadian market... usa is a little crazy... were the type of country that legalizes shit then still locks you up for it hahaha.. its funny all the people were claiming april 1 was going to be the market boom... i didn't see the stocks i want really do anything.
I thought you were looking into police education related venture capital holdings?

reston10

reston10

i have had friends die because of this SHIT and for something that has caused many death's

Latest posts

Top Bottom