Dead & Co Folsom Feild

• Thread starter Underthesun
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Underthesun

Underthesun

This is going to be an interesting weekend. The Dead & Co are playing at Folsom Feild and its the first big concert in Boulder for 15 years...why? Because Boulder is not as fun and as hip as its made out to be. Don't get me wrong, Boulder has plenty of great people and plenty of great places. But its a place where the loudest voices get their way. And plenty of Boulderites despise the Dead crowd. Boulder has already come up with a complaint hitline for this weekend so all the NIMBYS don't bog down the cops with 991 calls from people who just want to complain. Boulder has also warned of a noise ordinance and has claimed they can tell CU to turn down the music if its bothering the neighbors, a place that has late night football games and a 4th of July Fireworks celebrations, not used to noise I guess.

Eitherway, I'm looking forward to seeing Boulder get over ran by Heads and watching all the NIMBYS whine. Who else is going? Anyone know where Shakedown is going down, another thing I can't see Boulder letting happen.

Underthesun

Underthesun

You get them through CU. They are available online...although you may not be happy with the prices still available. Cool its at CU and not some "insert huge corporate bank name here" arena and the money kind of stands a chance to help out students.

Underthesun

Underthesun

Reading back through my post from earlier, it sounds kind of negative. I'm excited for this weekend and I'm going to have a great time! No more negative nancy over here.

1diesel1

1diesel1

Staff
Supporter
Hell ya, they coming west. Haven't seen a dead show since last Time they played autzen stadium in Eugene Oregon. Have a trippin time bro post some picks if you can remember to.:cool:

Underthesun

Underthesun

Info on parking lots, etc. They like their rules, hats and sunglasses are okay. I assume you can wear shoes and pants too. Be smart out there, this will be a highly patrolled area I imagine.

chickenman

chickenman

Premium Member
Supporter
Grew up with the band 73 Maples 1st show... My mom also taught Bob in 3rd grade..
I'll say it once again For us true deadheads is not about shakedown street, nitrous balloons, getting fucked up, it's about the magic of the music, that's what it should be all about.
Back in the day we all were friends at the shows..
No barging up in front feeling entitled to stand wherever after waiting in line all night and day for your spot..
Once at further while I was hugging the stage shrooming and grooving dead center this couple comes up, a fat gal in a wedding dress and a fella in a tux and tried to weasel in front of me. They said they just got married please move. I shook my head told them to go, it was packed everyone dancing..
Next thing know I am ushered out by 3 security guards to a awaiting cop.
They said I assaulted the fat gal punched her in face could possibly be arrested for assault....
no way I said, its crowded down there I would never punch anyone especially a fat gal..
They asked her if she wished to press charges and she declined saying just give me a hug,, yea right, lost my place up front, freaked out a bit, stupid shit..
But the music never stops that's for sure....

Underthesun

Underthesun

Grew up with the band 73 Maples 1st show... My mom also taught Bob in 3rd grade..
I'll say it once again For us true deadheads is not about shakedown street, nitrous balloons, getting fucked up, it's about the magic of the music, that's what it should be all about.
No barging up in front feeling entitled to stand wherever after waiting in line all night and day for your spot..
Once at further while I was hugging the stage shrooming and grooving dead center this couple comes up, a fat gal in a wedding dress and a fella in a tux and tried to weasel in front of me. They said they just got married please move. I shook my head told them to go, it was packed everyone dancing..
They said I assaulted the fat gal punched her in face could possibly be arrested for assault....
no way I said, its crowded down there I would never punch anyone especially a fat gal..
They asked her if she wished to press charges and she declined saying just give me a hug,, yea right, lost my place up front, freaked out a bit, stupid shit..

Its all about the music for sure. I wasn't old enough to be back in the days of Jerry, I guess I was but I hadn't really found out how much I liked the vibe until a few years after his death when I was a young adult. My 1st show was The Other Ones, then started going to Phil & Friends shows, The Dead, Further, and Rat Dog. Its all so great, but I'm jealous you have seen so much @chickenman. Reading some other posts of yours, you have seen and heard some great music.

I built friendships too, we all started trading tapes, going to Phish shows and Widespread Panic shows as well. So I grew to like the whole culture, and the lot was a part of it. Just fun to talk to so many people, most people are willing to hang out with total strangers. Its just fun. Yeah, its only a small part of the big picture though.

Got floor tickets for Saturday to get the party started, then seats for Sunday. Now to just keep the beer drinking under control so I'm not at the pisser all night.

DrMcSkunkins

DrMcSkunkins

Dabbling in Oil
Never been to a dead show but this one time I gave a friend a ride to deer creek in indiana for a 3 day phish show. I had to work the next day and planned on just dropping him off and heading an hour back home. When I got there the music and atmosphere was so inviting and peaceful that I called into work and ended up staying the whole three days listening to drum circles and eating mushrooms all night. I can only imagine a dead show being just like that but better.

Underthesun

Underthesun

Never been to a dead show but this one time I gave a friend a ride to deer creek in indiana for a 3 day phish show. I had to work the next day and planned on just dropping him off and heading an hour back home. When I got there the music and atmosphere was so inviting and peaceful that I called into work and ended up staying the whole three days listening to drum circles and eating mushrooms all night. I can only imagine a dead show being just like that but better.
Haha, first Phish show I went to at like 16. It was like stepping into the bar in the 1st Star Wars movie....total culture shock being a KS kid. The 3 day Phish shows in Denver are a blast too. The music is sounding great these days, and we have all grown up a little bit...just a little.

1diesel1

1diesel1

Staff
Supporter
Lucky man you are chicken man. I'm 14 years younger then you. I had a wise man such as you show me the road to dead life. I was fortunate to follow the dead for a short time before Jerrys demise. That was a somber day. I remember I was at work tearing off a roof when the radio blared the news. I dropped to my knees and broke into tears. Now I celebrate Jerry every chance I can.

chickenman

chickenman

Premium Member
Supporter
Lucky man you are chicken man. I'm 14 years younger then you. I had a wise man such as you show me the road to dead life. I was fortunate to follow the dead for a short time before Jerrys demise. That was a somber day. I remember I was at work tearing off a roof when the radio blared the news. I dropped to my knees and broke into tears. Now I celebrate Jerry every chance I can.
On that dreadful day I was driving home from a fishing trip when I heard the news..
10 minutes before I noticed a ball cap floating in the lake upside down..
Grabbed it and it was a steal your face cap...
Sure miss the big guy...
I love this more everything I hear it.
We were there this night and many other night safe at home in Winterland's arms..
Never a care or worry. The energy from the band and folks was amazing, all happy and free...
At my end of life celebration this will be one of my songs.
Some of my ashes will be placed riverside up in the Gunnison Gorge with my friend, Joe Cockers ashes were we both will listen to the river sing sweet songs to rock our souls...
And friends can come and visit our woundeful view..
Joe1

Last edited:
1diesel1

1diesel1

Staff
Supporter
On that dreadful day I was driving home from a fishing trip when I heard the news..
10 minutes before I noticed a ball cap floating in the lake upside down..
Grabbed it and it was a steal your face cap...
Sure miss the big guy...
I love this more everything I hear it.
We were there this night and many other night safe at home in Winterland's arms..
Never a care or worry. The energy from the band and folks was amazing, all happy and free...
At my end of life celebration this will be one of my songs.
Some of my ashes will be placed riverside up in the Gunnison Gorge with my friend, Joe Cockers ashes were we both will listen to the river sing sweet songs to rock our souls...
And friends can come and visit our woundeful view..
View attachment 613137
Thank you sir, I appreciate your views of life.

Top Bottom