Dead leaves

• Thread starter Stressedoutnewbie
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Stressedoutnewbie

Stressedoutnewbie

Stressedoutnewbie

Stressedoutnewbie

I started this one on June 8th and it has a bug on it see it's orange ?

BurnzYzBudZz

BurnzYzBudZz

HOWCan.i.helPYOU?
Supporter
I see two issues right off the bat. Is that tin foil around your pot? Or am I seeing things. Another is the soil. Did you add any perlite to whatever your growing in for drainage? Looks muddy and compacted. I’d stay far away from whatever you sprayed on them. I think you need to start with the basics, what pH is the water you are watering with. pH issues usually tweak the leafs and new growth. Mites also tweak the leafs and make the leafs look pregnant or puffy. Are you feeding the plant any nutrients or just plain water?

BurnzYzBudZz

BurnzYzBudZz

HOWCan.i.helPYOU?
Supporter
I started this one on June 8th and it has a bug on it see it's orange ?
I can’t see it, too blurry. Growing outdoor requires constant preventative measures when dealing with pests. Honestly, we need a run down of your grow in order to help. What kinda soil? Nutrients? How often are you watering? Do you see water runoff after you water?

Stressedoutnewbie

Stressedoutnewbie

I see two issues right off the bat. Is that tin foil around your pot? Or am I seeing things. Another is the soil. Did you add any perlite to whatever your growing in for drainage? Looks muddy and compacted. I’d stay far away from whatever you sprayed on them. I think you need to start with the basics, what pH is the water you are watering with. pH issues usually tweak the leafs and new growth. Mites also tweak the leafs and make the leafs look pregnant or puffy. Are you feeding the plant any nutrients or just plain water?
No it's plastic it's in a 10 popcorn container and I didn't want it to be in a rust pot so I put plastic between the dirt and the tin container.

Stressedoutnewbie

Stressedoutnewbie

I can’t see it, too blurry. Growing outdoor requires constant preventative measures when dealing with pests. Honestly, we need a run down of your grow in order to help. What kinda soil? Nutrients? How often are you watering? Do you see water runoff after you water?
Soil that was in a bucket in the backyard with rainwater in its for like about the last raining season that we had in southern California it was all kind of slimy so I thought maybe it would be good soil but once it dries out it's like a brick!

Stressedoutnewbie

Stressedoutnewbie

Soil that was in a bucket in the backyard with rainwater in its for like about the last raining season that we had in southern California it was all kind of slimy so I thought maybe it would be good soil but once it dries out it's like a brick!
Once a month I put Rose and flower food with the ratio of 810 nine I put a hand full on top of the soil in the pot and then I water it and I water my plant twice a week and there's run off when I water.

Stressedoutnewbie

Stressedoutnewbie

View attachment 996305

No it's plastic it's in a 10 popcorn container and I didn't want it to be in a rust pot so I put plastic between the dirt and the tin container.
I've only been spraying that stuff for a week and I used tap water and what do you mean by tweak the leaves? Is it by slightly crushing the stand so you just break the outer layer and no perlite to try to loosen the dirt more I added garden soil that says Miracle-Gro and it was all dried out on top of the soil.

BurnzYzBudZz

BurnzYzBudZz

HOWCan.i.helPYOU?
Supporter
Once a month I put Rose and flower food with the ratio of 810 nine I put a hand full on top of the soil in the pot and then I water it and I water my plant twice a week and there's run off when I water.
You are going to continue to have issues specially in flower. Soil needs perlite for drainage and oxygen to the roots. I suspect your roots are suffocating. If you’re in California there are a plethora of places you can buy good growing soil. Not sure about the rose fertilizer. No experience. Hoping some others chime as im coming to a road block. I’m a relatively new grower as well. Honestly, if I were you, I’d go to Home Depot, buy a 10 gallon pot. If you’re able to source fox farm ocean forest soil get some
Of that and transplant to the bigger pot. Water with only h2o for 3 weeks. Not sure if you’re able to do that.

BurnzYzBudZz

BurnzYzBudZz

HOWCan.i.helPYOU?
Supporter
I've only been spraying that stuff for a week and I used tap water and what do you mean by tweak the leaves? Is it by slightly crushing the stand so you just break the outer layer and no perlite to try to loosen the dirt more I added garden soil that says Miracle-Gro and it was all dried out on top of the soil.
No.
Re read my comment. I didn’t say anything about tweaking your leafs. I said tour growth looks tweaked. (Not normal)

Stressedoutnewbie

Stressedoutnewbie

Zoom in on the small plant that is just took a picture of adal shiny leaves
You are going to continue to have issues specially in flower. Soil needs perlite for drainage and oxygen to the roots. I suspect your roots are suffocating. If you’re in California there are a plethora of places you can buy good growing soil. Not sure about the rose fertilizer. No experience. Hoping some others chime as im coming to a road block. I’m a relatively new grower as well. Honestly, if I were you, I’d go to Home Depot, buy a 10 gallon pot. If you’re able to source fox farm ocean forest soil get some
Of that and transplant to the bigger pot. Water with only h2o for 3 weeks. Not sure if you’re able to do that.
Is that considered drinking water not tap water

BurnzYzBudZz

BurnzYzBudZz

HOWCan.i.helPYOU?
Supporter
Zoom in on the small plant that is just took a picture of adal shiny leaves

Is that considered drinking water not tap water
Still blurry sorry bud. Looks like an orange rust dot. No don’t water with drinking water. Do you know the ppm of your tap water? You can go to your cities website and go to water department to see what kind of minerals are in the tap. What’s the pH of your tap? I mixed RO water with my tap water to stabilize it to about 160ppm before watering. It’s normally 375ppm 8.1pH. The pH is way to high to water with without pH down. I’m using this as an example.

Top Bottom