Dealing With Investors Who Have No Clue / Need To Vent

• Thread starter Deadstill
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
AnselAdams

AnselAdams

Supporter
Your "friend" only has one person to blame and thats himself,He should just walk away,the plants will die on their own.
As for the weedburner he should be very careful or it could end up shoved up his ass sideways,Its one thing to walk away and another to destroy property that is not yours.

True That! in a week all they will have is some kindling. :badboy: The property thing is legit and very real. The plants "an act of God". However the harvest may be another story, check with a lawyer. Walking away is by far the least expensive option. However it seems that particular mindset has not set in yet.

Just be his friend, he will need it. Friends are in such short supply.

Last edited:
AnselAdams

AnselAdams

Supporter
True That! in a week all they will have is some kindling. :badboy: The property thing is legit and very real. The plants "an act of God". However the harvest may be another story, check with a lawyer. Walking away is by far the least expensive option. However it seems that particular mindset has not set in yet.

Just be his friend, he will need it. Friends are in such short supply.

A lawyer friend was reading over my shoulder. He/she strongly suggested moving the harvest "off property" which is theirs, to a location that is in his control. PoPo could prohibit him from returning to their property to "collect" his stuff.

These folks sound like class-1 jerks.... IMO

H

Highkev

A lawyer friend was reading over my shoulder. He/she strongly suggested moving the harvest "off property" which is theirs, to a location that is in his control. PoPo could prohibit him from returning to their property to "collect" his stuff.

These folks sound like class-1 jerks.... IMO
But if it’s illegal i think the cops take it if it goes to court lol. But then again if it’s illegal to begin with I wouldn’t trust that they play by the rules or laws

AnselAdams

AnselAdams

Supporter
But if it’s illegal i think the cops take it if it goes to court lol. But then again if it’s illegal to begin with I wouldn’t trust that they play by the rules or laws

Nothing to take if he has sold it cover incurred expenses connected with the business like employee pay, utilities, suppliers, loan repayment, etc. including reimbursement of same.

Just make sure he DOES NOT pay himself. That is asking for problems that only accountants and lawyers can resolve. Thus costing even MORE $$$ than he could hope to recover as unpaid salary.

We really keep coming back to ..... Just walk away.... easier said than done..

UncleRomulus

UncleRomulus

All joking aside, the kind of “investors” that cut every corner and treat you like a slave from the 1800 s is down to retaliate in ways you prob aren’t. Been there.. real talk. Don’t fuck with shithawks with deep pockets.
It’s easy to get worked up and try and “stand your ground” or “whip out your massive balls and slap em on the table” cause that’s generally the way to go but this is different.. this isn’t prison and it’s not the playground. If they are game to leave him out there to starve without ass wipe, I wouldn’t be surprised if he disappeared even if the crop goes well by some miracle. It’s not that all black market folks do people like that, but most of the time.. just from what we already know of these dinguses I’m genuinely concerned for y’all

AnselAdams

AnselAdams

Supporter
All joking aside, the kind of “investors” that cut every corner and treat you like a slave from the 1800 s is down to retaliate in ways you prob aren’t. Been there.. real talk. Don’t fuck with shithawks with deep pockets.
It’s easy to get worked up and try and “stand your ground” or “whip out your massive balls and slap em on the table” cause that’s generally the way to go but this is different.. this isn’t prison and it’s not the playground. If they are game to leave him out there to starve without ass wipe, I wouldn’t be surprised if he disappeared even if the crop goes well by some miracle. It’s not that all black market folks do people like that, but most of the time.. just from what we already know of these dinguses I’m genuinely concerned for y’all

Uncle speaks the truth... People with real $$$ don't play by the same rules as we do. Most of the time their friends in high places have their back (they are the REAL investors). The real possibility of a "dirt nap" is no joke. Walking away is still the best bet. Then one has to hope they decide to leave him be, if they believe he is a threat in ANY way.... "bye Felicha".

Think carefully, act wisely. Keep Breathing. This is a dangerous business and folks play for keeps. They always have when it comes to $$$.

"God grant me the serenity to accept the things i cannot change... ...and the wisdom to know the difference"

btw... the "dark side" does have rules. If he plans to stay in this game, i would like to suggest he learn both sets of rules. Knowing them can help him get ahead and stay alive.

Last edited:
UncleRomulus

UncleRomulus

Uncle speaks the truth... People with real $$$ don't play by the same rules as we do. Most of the time their friends in high places have their back. The real possibility of a "dirt nap" is no joke. Walking away is still the best bet. Then one has to hope they decide to leave him be, if they believe he is a threat in ANY way.... "bye Felicha".

Think carefully, act wisely. Keep Breathing. This is a dangerous business and folks play for keeps. They always have when it comes to $$$.

"God grant me the serenity to accept the things i cannot change..... and the wisdom to know the difference"
Church

Deadstill

Deadstill

I'm from the government, and I'm here to help.
Supporter
The big problem is your friend put him self in a situation where he is getting worked like a slave. I don't understand this. I live in CO. I have worked in the industry. Anything that first post said would have made me laugh in someones face. The promise of money is just that. A Promise. Running an illegal grow for some investors? LMAO that's called a partner. Idiot if you aren't taking money as a partner. What is stopping him from walking away? He can't do this on his own? No offense or anything but a pity party is for chumps. If you make a long winded post about how stupid and shady these people are I mean you have 2 choices. Get signed contracts for overpriced work that they have no idea how to accomplish and line your pockets or block their phone number.

The simple fact is a lot of the dudes that you want in these facilities either have drug felonies or they have no reason to go work their asses off for other people for a shit wage when they can do it themselves. They are 86'd from the process. If you have the will and desire to play the game then you're a commodity that is in high demand. Treat yourself like one. Unless you are getting in on some kind of contract work that is beneficial to you I don't see why you would get involved with any of it. Especially as an employee. The whole time I worked in the industry I ran into 1 other guy (who I didn't previously know) who was actually a grower and knew what he was doing before the facility.

I have heard this from owners/investors. "Hey I saw this strain xxxxx. Why aren't we growing that?" Easy "Why don't you go get a cut of that and bring it over here then? No? Thought so..." We sold a business with shipping container pods and I had to go back and fix the timer controls after a power surge because the people who bought the business and the people they employed couldn't figure shit out. That is type of people you are dealing with. If you want to play a game at a disadvantage that is your right. I don't spit anything out of my mouth that doesn't have a price tag attached to it. If I was questioning if I would actually get paid for a job it would never be done in the first place.

Look I get it. Being involved it the legal side is nice. If that is what you are really striving for and you have the skills to backup the talk (that's the big thing) there is no reason why you can't and succeed. If you think any of the other people you are going to deal with aren't going to have the same problems. As Journey said "Don't stop believin'." Best advice I can give you is put a high value on yourself and your work and market yourself as such. Don't do work that isn't worth your time. Specially if it isn't worth they money. It will cut down on the BS by a lot.

That is your answer right there. If you are prepare to walk away then walk away. No point to stick around for a trainwreck when you can watch it from a far and laugh while stacking money. Real Talk.

Thanks man. I appreciate it really, this has been bouncing around in my head for the last few weeks and I am glad to hear it from someone else. My girlfriend and I are on the same page we don't need these people. My buddy on the other hand is in too deep now there's nothing I can do to help him out of it. His girlfriend holds a certain position with certain people in a certain country and to say the least, she's got him by his balls. She wants him to stay and make it work because of how much money she's invested into it herself, so he doesn't have a choice to walk away.

I about fell out of my chair laughing when I read the part about investors asking about strains.. Dude this literally happened word for word a few weeks ago.

Yeah also my buddy was like "Well after you do the greenhouse you can be in charge of it I already cleared it with the investors" .. Lol well yeah except I'm not about to put myself in your situation so I'll pass, thanks.

Well like I said I just needed to vent, and I'm glad to hear I wasn't just losing my mind. Was starting to doubt myself on whether or not I was being reasonable with the situation or not. Clearly I'm being more than reasonable, so thanks for the advice folks I do appreciate it.

Deadstill

Deadstill

Supporter
Also just to clarify a couple things -

My buddy does know the in's and out's, he's been doing this underground in Miami for 20+ years. Like I said, he's going to have to broker the deals because these people are clueless. These people are very rich and powerful, though, that IS a problem. They own an entire town in the mountains and have 50+ real estate properties in and around our area that are worth millions. For the most part they seem like law abiding citizens but I can tell at least one of them is definitely old school gangster type. And the other one is Jewish. Not that that actually means anything but I have dealt with Jews before and if you are not also a Jew they don't care about you. You aren't a part of the "club"

But like I said my buddy has been working for rather dangerous folk out of South America region for 20+ years growing underground in Miami. I think in the end this might end up turning into something very, very, very bad that's WAY over his and my head's.

And he's an amazing grower. He still uses some older techniques but he knows what works for him and produces at minimum 2 lbs. per light which is pretty decent. Personally I can get 3, because I am not so stuck in my own ways that I am able to learn new tricks. But it's not worth it to me to be someone's slave just so I can make them rich and be stuck in a cave for the rest of my life like he is. You know, he's been in Colorado for almost a year and has never stepped foot out of a basement to do anything besides go get groceries? And he wants me to partner with him.. Yeah, I've got a life to live and places to go so I'm not cool with that.. Lol.

It's just sickening though to watch him get treated like this. He doesn't deserve it. I wish I could help him but he's so saturated in the mess, I don't have a rope long enough to throw him, even if I could.. But you guys are right I do need to sit down with him and have a serious talk because he's going to get caught in the middle of something very bad in the end, I can feel it. And if he's going to watch out for himself he needs to make sure that his girlfriend is reimbursed before anyone else gets paid anything.. That's a fact.

Last edited:
JWM2

JWM2

Premium Member
Supporter
Sounds like he needs to change professions. Or go into business for himself. I’d be on the first bus out of town. Hope all goes well.

cemchris

cemchris

Supporter
The one suggestion I can give to your friend and his situation that he has gotten himself into is the way you deal with people like that who want to sit on the outside of the black market but reap the benefits is pull them into the world. Show up with the deals at their spot(s). Bring people around their office(s) and properties. Bring pistols to the the meetings. Use their real names. Talk about the business ventures they are involved with. Bring a lot of new faces around. Show them how it really is if they want to play in the world of making money on the down low. Once things like this start happening they get the picture real quick and start clinching those expensive ass clothes. They either run for the hills or back off really quick and know their place. The more shady of characters you bring around the better. Get some face tats in there. Granted I know some people might not agree with what I said but honestly that is how you open peoples eyes real quick in a fucked up situation where they think they have you by the balls. I've had to do similar things in the past to let them know investment money doesn't mean shit when you aren't making it back. Especially if they are trying to work you like a slave on some underground shit.

Yeah man I have been there. Watching a friend get taken advantage of when there is nothing you can do about it. That is life tho. Tell him to sit back and go over what has happened and not to make the same mistake twice.

cemchris

cemchris

Supporter
Preach it brother. Rich douches are rich for a reason. Always using people. I can’t even count the amount of times I’ve been promised I’d get rich but I just got someone else theirs. It’s not fair but ain’t changing anytime soon.

Yeah. This happens in almost all business but in this one its 10x worse. They think since you ride the line of a law you will have no recourse or don't want to pursue legal course to deal with them. You just have to let people know that you aren't a chump and there is some real world consequences for treating you like this. Weather its walking out in the middle of a nute change and letting an entire spot die overnight or taking it further and let them know what kind of people they are dealing with.

Def not a place to get your feet wet in if you have no experience with these type of people. If you do and you are wet behind the ears better make sure you have a leg up on some shit, fear, product or whatever, before you get fucked. The easiest thing I have done in the past is make shit complicated so if you arent around the noob ass people they try to replace you with either cant figure it out or they have to come out of pocket big time to fix something. They speak money. Easiest way to get your point across.

Deadstill

Deadstill

Supporter
The easiest thing I have done in the past is make shit complicated so if you arent around the noob ass people they try to replace you with either cant figure it out or they have to come out of pocket big time to fix something. They speak money. Easiest way to get your point across.

Yeah this isn't my first rodeo dealing with shit like this. See, personally I have known better than to get too involved with these people. My buddy, (as somebody else here pointed out), I don't think, is aware of how bad they're doing him. Like when you have to tell your best friend his girlfriend treats him like shit but he doesn't realize it? Yeah.

I think these folks have done a really nice job of distracting him with shiny objects. They've given him everything he needs to grow, and then some. See, at first I thought these people were really serious about starting a legal business in the Cannabis industry. They bought out the remaining inventory of a grow supply store out here that closed. Moved it to the house. Then about 4 months ago they bought this property where he just moved to last week. It was already set up for growing cannabis as the previous owners had an illegal, unlicensed grow there that got raided by the local sheriff and DEA. So it's already got 2 nice grow rooms all decked out with 4 badass AC's and 24 gavitas in each grow room. Not to mention the 84 lights from the house my buddy was just in. Of those 84 lights 30 of them are his, the rest are the investors. All my buddy really owns is those 30 lights, they've supplied the rest. But he has a hard time getting them to buy him the things he needs to do his job sometimes. He has to really prove that he needs it before they'll even think about it, and then they'll take another 2 weeks to get it. So while these investors have in fact invested a lot into the business, I'll give them that.. Lately, they haven't been coming through on their obligations.

Which is why I want my buddy to seriously look after his own ass. These people have enough money that they could write it all off and shut it down tomorrow and not give one shit. In fact, I'd like to share the story of just how we all met, but that's a long story in itself so not today. It's been really, really fucked up from the very beginning though, I'll say that.

Ugh. I haven't seen my buddy in a few days because weather has been bad but I need to go bring him a plate of food tomorrow because he doesn't have shit. I can't let my friend die out here, that's fucked up. But yeah these people have no excuse for not at least having a fully functional camper out there for him to live in. My girlfriend offered up one of the 3 we have on our property to these investors for dirt cheap, and they didn't jump on that offer. So yeah he's been stuck out there for 5 days now. No refrigerator, no food, no way to cook, no shitter, no shower. Just fucked.

I'm thankful to you all for the advice, most of which I already knew, but now I can go feed my friend and have a chat with him to make sure he knows to cover his own ass. If he's not going to stand up for himself for basic human rights to food and proper shelter, he needs to at least plan for no money in the end, as well.

Maybe tomorrow I'll go into details of how we all met and ended up in business together. I'd hate to spoil the episode of "American Greed" that will surely be made about it, someday. Lol but still worth sharing. Stay tuned!

MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

Yeah this isn't my first rodeo dealing with shit like this. See, personally I have known better than to get too involved with these people. My buddy, (as somebody else here pointed out), I don't think, is aware of how bad they're doing him. Like when you have to tell your best friend his girlfriend treats him like shit but he doesn't realize it? Yeah.

I think these folks have done a really nice job of distracting him with shiny objects. They've given him everything he needs to grow, and then some. See, at first I thought these people were really serious about starting a legal business in the Cannabis industry. They bought out the remaining inventory of a grow supply store out here that closed. Moved it to the house. Then about 4 months ago they bought this property where he just moved to last week. It was already set up for growing cannabis as the previous owners had an illegal, unlicensed grow there that got raided by the local sheriff and DEA. So it's already got 2 nice grow rooms all decked out with 4 badass AC's and 24 gavitas in each grow room. Not to mention the 84 lights from the house my buddy was just in. Of those 84 lights 30 of them are his, the rest are the investors. All my buddy really owns is those 30 lights, they've supplied the rest. But he has a hard time getting them to buy him the things he needs to do his job sometimes. He has to really prove that he needs it before they'll even think about it, and then they'll take another 2 weeks to get it. So while these investors have in fact invested a lot into the business, I'll give them that.. Lately, they haven't been coming through on their obligations.

Which is why I want my buddy to seriously look after his own ass. These people have enough money that they could write it all off and shut it down tomorrow and not give one shit. In fact, I'd like to share the story of just how we all met, but that's a long story in itself so not today. It's been really, really fucked up from the very beginning though, I'll say that.

Ugh. I haven't seen my buddy in a few days because weather has been bad but I need to go bring him a plate of food tomorrow because he doesn't have shit. I can't let my friend die out here, that's fucked up. But yeah these people have no excuse for not at least having a fully functional camper out there for him to live in. My girlfriend offered up one of the 3 we have on our property to these investors for dirt cheap, and they didn't jump on that offer. So yeah he's been stuck out there for 5 days now. No refrigerator, no food, no way to cook, no shitter, no shower. Just fucked.

I'm thankful to you all for the advice, most of which I already knew, but now I can go feed my friend and have a chat with him to make sure he knows to cover his own ass. If he's not going to stand up for himself for basic human rights to food and proper shelter, he needs to at least plan for no money in the end, as well.

Maybe tomorrow I'll go into details of how we all met and ended up in business together. I'd hate to spoil the episode of "American Greed" that will surely be made about it, someday. Lol but still worth sharing. Stay tuned!

I have a question.

Why is an experienced grower capable of financing and managing a 30 light grow of his own stuck anywhere without a car and some money to take care of basic needs?

H

Highkev

I have a question.

Why is an experienced grower capable of financing and managing a 30 light grow of his own stuck anywhere without a car and some money to take care of basic needs?
Why your friend agreed to this idk??? But Your friend seemed to have went into business with the wrong people. He needs to own up to that. If he’s having basic needs to live to be able to grow their shit. He should speak up. If they don’t provide him with what he needs he should tell them he won’t be able to continue in the future for what ever reasons. If he’s going to be making business deals with large amounts of money being thrown around he needs to use his head. I’m sure a lot of time and money are involved in this situation so he needs to talk to them and be straight up. If they know your friend is going to die from starvation they know they will have no crop which in return will put a big dent in their pockets. I’m sure they will get him food if they are aware. To me it sounds as if your friend doesn’t want to tell his partners the blunt truth that’s on their plates in front of them. Maybe don’t just tell them hey I need food maybe say hey I need two more lights to get this much more to cover food etc. Or Think of a way to make you and him more money and put more money both pockets to make it a win win for both parties involved. Make it a win win since he already agreed to the crazy deal. Idk just some ideas.

Deadstill

Deadstill

Supporter
I have a question.

Well he's not exactly capable of financing it himself at this time. And he isn't from Colorado he's from Florida, so he has no property to grow on out here, and he has no medical license either. That's the only good thing he's got going for him at the moment is the legal factor. He's been growing illegally underground for so long that when he came here last Spring he was just happy to be legal. Basically the guy has been out of society for 20 years working for his "girlfriend" and certain members of a certain south american country that I don't wish to disclose at this moment.

And as far as the lights go he's got 30 LED's to his name, not one single MH or HPS, and he won't waste his time on a 30 light grow. The house we just moved him out of had 84 lights total on a 150 plant count legal licensed grow (just illegally placed as I said can't be residential land for big plant count licenses)

The thing is his girlfriend supplied him with a brand new vehicle when he moved out here. So that's part of his debt to her. Along with his soul apparently but she's not his problem, he's been working for her for decades and he likes it I guess.. Although he has to pay some 7k in fines and fees to get his driver's license back so he can legally drive it. Which is where the investors come in. They promised to pay his fines and fees like day 2 but never came through with it so he's still stuck. Again just another broken promise from them that he's letting slide. Again, because of the girlfriend.

I know this is all crazy as fuck sounding but you have to read all of what I'm saying here. The main point being that he has been instructed to keep working for these.. slave drivers.. and finish out this crop no matter what. Because his girlfriend said so. Because he mentioned to me a few weeks ago that she was talking about coming up to visit him when the trees come down. I'm sure because she's going to make sure she gets her cut and gets her money back. Problem is these investors have money they want back too and I think he's going to get caught in the middle of some gnarly shit if he's not careful.

I know better than to get involved with his girlfriend. I've met her I know who she is and I'm cool with leaving it at that. I think he's hoping these investors can save him from that life of illegal underground grow ops but I don't think these are the ones who are going to do that.

Plus, as much as I love my friend I have to say he's an amazing grower one of the best there is but he's been locked out of society in basements, in the woods, on mountains, for fucking decades. He has a metal plate in his head from a bad car accident. Socially speaking, he has a hard time understanding things at times, and I find I have to explain them a little more than I thought I would have to, to get him to understand. Like, these people are fucking you bro.

Deadstill

Deadstill

Supporter
They gonna want that money rain sleet hail or snow
Yup that's what I'm sayin. They think they get all their recoup money back first harvest it just doesn't work that way not ever.

As I've always known the business, plants come down, trimmers trim, pounds get sold, grower gets paid, investor gets what's left. Basically. And in the investor's case, they're lucky to see profit after harvest number 2.. Still paying bills from harvest 1. I think they're expecting my buddy to take the loss and keep growing for free and promise to pay him later.

In these folks' case, I think they went deeper and harder than they really wanted to, and are just now realizing it's going to take them years to make any kind of profit from this. And they want to open a dispensary. A dispensary would be nice and all for legal reasons but seriously selling weed in Colorado you might as well just give it away nobody wants to spend more than 50 an ounce anymore out here.

The green rush is over folks

Top Bottom