Dear hand waterers. What's your weapon of choice?

• Thread starter ThatRapperWeed
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Madmax

Madmax

The 1.5ltr little pots.... a 2litre pump sprayer.i weigh them.the big girls.a litre jug.give them 1 ea ....wait a few minutes then i give them the rest.

HaveApuff

HaveApuff

Easy to mix in, you can pick your size, and easy to use if using a SCROG 👍

PipeCarver

PipeCarver

Supporter
Easy to mix in, you can pick your size, and easy to use if using a SCROG 👍
Really? to water your plants you want a sprayer? a bucket with a tap and a hose if you can't reach the pots seems better than a pressure sprayer to water of feed with. Hang the bucket & gravity feed the pot. I have a hand pump sprayer I'll use on the foliage if I have a bug problem but a sprayer on the top of the soil with blast dirt everywhere or take forever to go drip drip. 😃

StankStirr

StankStirr

I started using a battery powered transfer pump like this and it's been a game changer!
I pump water out of a 5gal bucket.
I got mine from harbor freight for $15
Here's a similar one from Amazon.
Screenshot 20210310 161308 Amazon Shopping

HaveApuff

HaveApuff

QUOTE: "Really? to water your plants you want a sprayer? a bucket with a tap and a hose if you can't reach the pots seems better than a pressure sprayer to water of feed with. Hang the bucket & gravity feed the pot. I have a hand pump sprayer I'll use on the foliage if I have a bug problem but a sprayer on the top of the soil with blast dirt everywhere or take forever to go drip drip."

YEAH, REALLY!!! IF you have something to really say then don't beat around your bush! I am able to accurately measure and I use this in a 8'X8' SCROG and it works well with 12 plants. I don't have any problems with over feeding and it allows me a good way of calculating what my plants need.... just so YOU know ! I don't criticize how you do things, so why are you jumping on my answer to a simple question? Feeling confident are you? MMMHHH??? I don't grow one plant at a time!!!

Harvard

Harvard

I add a piece of pex tubing that slides over the end, I put on and take off as I need. I also like the shower end for when they are newly planted and I can step into the room. The extension is super nice when I can’t step in there any more. In 5 gallon pots mid bud each plant uses 10 liters every 3 days roughly. 9 plants I’m going through 90 liters every watering.
2250AFE5 9AA1 4E8A AF30 3298BA7726EF

PipeCarver

PipeCarver

Supporter
QUOTE: "Really? to water your plants you want a sprayer? a bucket with a tap and a hose if you can't reach the pots seems better than a pressure sprayer to water of feed with. Hang the bucket & gravity feed the pot. I have a hand pump sprayer I'll use on the foliage if I have a bug problem but a sprayer on the top of the soil with blast dirt everywhere or take forever to go drip drip."

YEAH, REALLY!!! IF you have something to really say then don't beat around your bush! I am able to accurately measure and I use this in a 8'X8' SCROG and it works well with 12 plants. I don't have any problems with over feeding and it allows me a good way of calculating what my plants need.... just so YOU know ! I don't criticize how you do things, so why are you jumping on my answer to a simple question? Feeling confident are you? MMMHHH??? I don't grow one plant at a time!!!
Really? You want to jump on that comment lol. Blow a bowl and cool your heals little one I meant no harm. You're easily ignored if I offended your sensibilities get over yourself and ignore me. I don't get into conflict's ' bye bye your ignored.

SSgrower

SSgrower

I only have seedlings as of now, I use a hand sprayer bottle mornings I pour from it, Lights out I foliar feed to say good night. I am following this as I DTW in coco & perlite soon in 3 gal material pots.

Kanzeon

Kanzeon

Gallon milk jugs, mixing nutes differently based on the plants that are getting watered. Always shaken until foamy so it has more dissolved oxygen in it.

Rootbound

Rootbound

Supporter
I started using a battery powered transfer pump like this and it's been a game changer!
View attachment 1100917
This is exactly what i use. I attached extra tubing and a sray head at the end to reach farther in the tent. Went through 5 of them in in the last ten yrs. works awesome.

PipeCarver

PipeCarver

Supporter
Gallon milk jugs, mixing nutes differently based on the plants that are getting watered. Always shaken until foamy so it has more dissolved oxygen in it.
Shaken ..not stirred...lol Okay Double 007...That can be a lot of shaking. I did that for a while but I got tired of screwing the caps on and off between each nute I added to the gallon....I'm back to stirring only....I've been joking with my wife about an electric stirrer lol...work work work....

Kanzeon

Kanzeon

Shaken ..not stirred...lol Okay Double 007...That can be a lot of shaking. I did that for a while but I got tired of screwing the caps on and off between each nute I added to the gallon....I'm back to stirring only....I've been joking with my wife about an electric stirrer lol...work work work....

I mean if I was mixing in bigger batches, I'd use a stick blender for the same effect.

firstgrowdontknow

firstgrowdontknow

I doubt this is helpful unless youre in a small space but I use a 1.5L watering can with 3/8" i.d. hose stuck on the end for better access to the back of my grow box

JTShakes

JTShakes

I'm a 3L water jug guy at the moment. Wider mouth than a 1gal milk/water jug so it's easy to mix and pour, and they hold enough liquid to soak a thirsty 5gal bucket.

Mr.GreenthumbOG

Mr.GreenthumbOG

Grow for life🌱
Supporter
200l aerated reservoir.
pumped into 20L buckets to mix at feeds.

pumped from the buckets with bottom suction pump with poly hose long enough to reach everything, pinch the poly line to reduce flow.
pump sucks the buckets pretty much dry. Voila!
Small girls get watered with a syringe.
shopvac to suck up the waste.

Last edited:
coherent

coherent

View attachment 1100917
Harbor freight has a similar one for less than $10. Use silicone on the tube connections and an extension "wand" using cheap 1/4 or 1/2 in conduit or pvc 3 ft long or so to reach the back of the tent. As stated a game changer. They reach perfectly to the bottom of wally world 3 gal water jugs!

StankStirr

StankStirr

Harbor freight has a similar one for less than $10. Use silicone on the tube connections and an extension "wand" using cheap 1/4 or 1/2 in conduit or pvc 3 ft long or so to reach the back of the tent. As stated a game changer. They reach perfectly to the bottom of wally world 3 gal water jugs!
Boom! Love it! I've been thinking about how I could extend the hose... you just solved that for me. Thanks Coherent!

Latest posts

Top Bottom