Pender

Premium Member
Supporter
great news

White House Responds to DEA Raids, Vows to End Policy

A

Attis

I respectfully disagree

I never expected Obama to live up to his word regarding this matter. There is too much money tied into keeping the jails/prisons maxed out. Remove the pot convictions and they'd only be 1/2 full......

Not true, we spend more money to investigate, arrest, and house these non-violent individuals then they make by arresting them. So it's counter productive. Not to mention the millions of dollars that these establishments are paying in tax dollars. The money earned by allowing and regulating medical marijuana dispensaries and when the time comes adult use establishments is substantial. To me it's ridiculous based on principal alone, but even more so given our countries current economical problems. Why throw away money on a fight that 1) americans do not want in the first place 2) is clearly failing on many levels and 3) is clearly in some form believed to have enough of a medical benefit by the government to warrant them the president included to publicly say they are for the decriminalization of marijuana. The reason that it is not priority in their minds is because we haven't made it one. Our government is here to serve our needs. you know, "for the people, by the people" everyone needs to get active.

Start by going to www.change.gov and sign the petitions. You can also call the white house and leave a message at 1-202-456-1111 asking them to stop the raids by DEA and to decriminalize marijuana for adult use. Currently, the number one request of policy changes to be made on change.gov has to do with the raids on med dispensaries. That shows that we have lots of support, and that the majority of americans want this situation to be fixed. Even if you don't support marijuana rights, I am sure you support better schooling and libraries which could use the money being wasted on marijuana prohibition. Just food for thought,
Spread the link and phone number to as many as you can. We need to invoke change for America to benefit.

A

Attis

There was a time when the States ALLOWED the federal government to exist. States rights were everything. Then the Fed's learned how to manipulate the states... threatening to withhold federal highway funds etc.

As a Democrat... Obama knows this and has clearly stated that he believes in State's Rights. I for one am going to hold a positive attitude until I see him betray his own words through action or inaction.

Hold a positive vibe and see what can happen :D

dragon

Great attitude! I think it's a little too soon to make an honest assumption about his intentions, but I do see him making an effort at least.

And you are right, hold a positive vibe, get rid of all your negativity and see how far we get then. Anyone ever heard of Quantum theory? It's true! Just one's intentions are enough to create an energy that can be proven, it takes time though. That being said, I believe that we will see a change for the better. put that in your pipe and smoke it LOL:bong-hits:

MileHighChic

MileHighChic

NO matter what...President Obama is a million times better than Bush! I feel that Obama will keep his promise and decriminalize medicinal marijuana possession. It will take time and patience. Of course the DEA is going keep hunting the illegal marijuana rings that are operated by different mafias. Those Mafia guys give us a bad name!

A

Arti.chokes

Let him show he IS a new breed

He is the President!. He has the authority, and should have the compassion, to pull the plug on any and all planned DEA raids on any legal dispensary in the US, that should have been the statement from the Whitehouse yesterday, this sort of shit is just too vaige "The president believes that federal resources should not be used to circumvent state laws, and as he continues to appoint senior leadership to fill out the ranks of the federal government, he expects them to review their policies with that in mind," this just allows the DEA to carry on regardless!. Until Obama puts sick people's rights first, he is no different than every liar elected before him, in fact as this involves sick people i reckon it makes him WORSE! Arti.

S

SenorMota

Why doesn't the Terminator order the California National Guard to protect the dispensaries from the Fed's?

G

Guerrilla420

I think we need to give Obama a little time. The economy is collapsing and Im sure this is the biggest thing on his mind right now. Why not wait a little bit before you start saying he broke all his promises, and went back on his word?

R

rea2on

We have to give the pres time to make changes there are a legion of in the closet mfs who are making the first 100 days hell for this guy things will and are going to change he got to keep his blackberry to hear whats really going on in the news and how we feel with no watered down reports from even his staff pray for our fellow brother in this cause and sit back and toke we will be good

D

drpressure600

Did anyone REALLY expect things to change under Obama?, the writing was on the wall the second he picked Biden as his veep! In 20 years time people will wonder how the hell this guy conned 2/3's of the US electorate in the same way many of us in the UK do about that bitch Mrs Thatcher. My 2¢. Arti

well said arti, well said indeed,

X

xchaoticmetalx

New drug czar appointed by Obama, finally getting some new people in and maybe somethings will change if we are lucky.

K

Keynoah

:damnhippie:I voluntereed for him in the campaign and was at UNC when he mentioned decriminalizing marijuana for medical use. Thats really as far as he's gone. I think it would take a major groundswell of public support to move him into any sort of broad legalization. He would immeadiately be labeled by the Republicans and box'd into a corner. It would be similar to Bill Clinton's gays in the military decision. Besides, the economy and getting people back to work are his main concern right now. But, making medical marijuana legal would be a major step forward, IMO.

Top Bottom