Debating on whether or not to get a UC???

• Thread starter hedgeman
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
H

hedgeman

Hi Guys

Already have one soil grow under my belt. Grew in a 4x4 tent with a 600w cooltube using a 6" inline fan to draw air through a carbon filter through the cooltube exiting the tent. Grew 5 plants (bag seed) and yielded ~ 8 ounces dry. Had a great time with it both on the ups and downs, and now I'm thinking of moving onto something a little more advanced. I basically want to have better results than last time with equal effort (Who doesn't). I initially liked the idea of the waterfarm but heard too many issues of PH fluctuation so someone informed me of the Under Current and I've been researching it for the past month or so. I am looking at the UC4 (not XL), and will be upgrading to a Dark Room 5x5 tent. I live in a condo so water leakage is a concern, have any of you had issues with overflows or leakage? Would the waterproof floor insert in the dark-room help with that? I live above the 49th parallel and will be exhausting the air outside so I don't think a chiller will be necessary, thoughts on that as well? I also do not have access to clones so I will be starting from seed in rockwool then moving into the UC once roots start popping out. I really like the results, but I'm afraid I will spend all the money on this system and it will end up being more hassle than its worth in comparison to soil?

Thanks

jimmyhoffa59

jimmyhoffa59

If you got the time, got some help, got a few bucks laying around, DO IT, you will NOT regret it, GREAT support structure here for growing UC and so far I have seen INCREDIBLE results from some of these guys. Gro big or go home bro!!

M

Mr.Detroit

Any rdwc with a control bucket is the shit and super easy... the uc is like the pentacle of that... I say get it.

motherlode

motherlode

@Rolln_J
Supporter
as far as a chiller not needed Id rethink that

not saying you cant succeed w/o one - people do

my experience so far is even with my room temps at 70-74 my water temp is getting up just around 72 and it does that pretty fast once the lights come on

I am on top of my shit (not saying your not) and have hydro fungicide holstered and ready to go at first sign of trouble

but if you have a day job or a life for that matter you'd be better off with peace of mind and optimal water temps (under 70)

Im flip flopping my lights (manually atm) until the early am hours so I dont get the room to warm, then up gain at 8am so I can flip em the last few hours (see on top of it and no life)

IMO a chiller is 100% the way to go - why half ass it and pay the price later?

good luck whatever you do

Top Bottom