Decarb Was Told Not To

• Thread starter oLd1
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Moe.Red

Moe.Red

I'm doing Edibles because I have Barrett's Esophagus. Smoking irritates it and if I cough everyone runs from the flu guy. LOL

old1
What effect are you going for with your edibles?

If you are looking for the THC high, then if not properly decarbed at some point the process, you are leaving money on the table.

And I hate to be the bearer of bad news, but the majority of terpenes are destroyed in the digestive tract well before any absorption. That, and the fact that the amount of terps in most weed is so low in the first place, it doesn't really make sense to build your process around them. A better way is to drink a glass of juice (Mango is an example of a much better source of useable myrcene) with your edible. Again, you need to really think about what you are going for, and design / test your process around that.

If you want the benefits of terps in your digestion, you gotta go big, weed ain't it.

Also keep in mind that the THC you swallow gets converted to another form by the liver. Therapeutic effects are different. If you are not getting what you want from edibles but do from smoking, a tincture held under the tongue, not swallowed may be a good compromise.

MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

and as usual...if its not done your way your doing it wrong...

don't you ever get tired of crapping on people?...fk'n arrogant

me? I got the info and recipe out of Jorje Cervantes Grow book and other books and guides concur. How is sharing what works for us and our patients crapping on people?

Or are you misdirecting your feelings about something else?

growsince79

growsince79

I just want easy and consistent. I don't worry about burning off a few terps or even a minute amount of thc. They will be very potent either way. I accidently left some in the oven an hour and half and couldn't tell the difference in the end.

Moe.Red

Moe.Red

I just want easy and consistent. I don't worry about burning off a few terps or even a minute amount of thc. They will be very potent either way. I accidently left some in the oven an hour and half and couldn't tell the difference in the end.
lethicin can help with consistency in uptake.

CB2 receptors are most prevalent in white blood cells so getting molecules into the bloodstream efficiently is the goal.

MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

CB2 receptors are most prevalent in white blood cells so getting molecules into the bloodstream efficiently is the goal.

i have found eating nuts or incorporating them in the edibles increases speed and quality of effects. I understand the oil in the nuts is a carrier?

growsince79

growsince79

The b

For me the consistency is always the same. Use 20g decarb kief, mix in, spread the fudge thin and cut into 80 pieces. Every piece and even different batches are all dosed the same very potent.

Last edited:
Moe.Red

Moe.Red

The b

For me the consistency is always the same. Use 80g decarb kief, mix in, spread the fudge thin and cut into 80 pieces. Every piece and even different batches are all dosed the same very potent.

Does the plant matter much from grow to grow?

growsince79

growsince79

Does the plant matter much from grow to grow?
Not much if any. idk since I always mix it all together. I got the dose figured out though. If the hash is 50% that would make them 125mg each. Too much for beginners.

mancorn

mancorn

Also keep in mind that the THC you swallow gets converted to another form by the liver. Therapeutic effects are different. If you are not getting what you want from edibles but do from smoking, a tincture held under the tongue, not swallowed may be a good compromise.
I’ve never made a tincture that didn’t burn the shit out of my mouth. So I just use a teabag (sans tea), cut it open and put in my decarbed weed and stick the little pouch under my tongue (just like the leaf chaw we used to do back in high school. I always feel like I need an empty Budweiser bottle to spit into to complete the experience.) On a side note, don’t use chewing tobacco, stick to weed! RIP Tony.

C4E6184B 381E 4510 B7FF ED2E6CDA5DD6

Top Bottom