Decision Time Already!

• Thread starter below frigid
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
below frigid

below frigid

Wow February is here already. 4 weeks and I will be cracking my beans. What's everyone cracking this year? Here is what I got so far. I am doing a lot of Bodhi gear, Sunshine Day Dream, Golden Triangle, Silver Mountain, Heavens Mountain, Super Snow Lotus, I used a Goji OG male to make a bunch of stuff last season as well, Goji Pebbles, Evil Goji, WFA Goji, and Jabbas Goji. Running some of OGR's Wi-Fi. A fellow farmer gifted me some Fruity Pebbles f2's last season that were really impressive. I have some left and he is sending me some more. I also have some WFA x Jabbas and Jabbas f2's from the year before. My bro is also sending me some Green Crack from HSO to check out. I must be sick I am still looking at beans.

Bulldog11

Bulldog11

You start your beans in February huh? You just veg them indoors? What's your light schedule?

I am in the same boat as you, Bodhi 2015! I am running a SSHxappy of Bodhi that I really liked last year. I am going to add SunShine DayDream, Anchient Og (big one these) and some clusterfunk. As for clone only, going with GSC forum cut, trainwreck, OG twist, Tahoe Og, Blue Dream, Grapefruit x Romulan, and I am waiting on some Sunshine sherbet or some crap by burner's crew. Cookie crew or whatever. (no disrespect, just don't know the name) Not sure if I am going to put out my GG #4 this season, wasn't super impressed last season.

below frigid

below frigid

Yes. I start them the last week of February. Most above ground by March 1. I plant seeds right in a light soil seed mix. No paper towels or soaking. I put them right outside. Semi shade for a day or two then full sun, get them hardened off quick. If it's going to get real cold I will bring them in at night. Once they go into the 5 inch pots they live outside full time. I will put a tunnel over them if we get a late frost. Come April the frost is pretty much done here. They go into 2 gallons. By May most have given me a pistle or a stamen. As soon as they sex they go into the big pots/holes.

Bulldog11

Bulldog11

Very nice schedule. The last couple seasons I would wait until holy week in April to start my seeds. However I didn't have as much room as I have now. Maybe you convinced me to start some seeds earlier than normal, pop in waves. You messing around with clones at all? Supplemental lighting?

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
I've tried popping early in the year the past two years, and it's led to nothing but fucking headaches and a LOT of wasted genetics for me. I'm waiting til March/April/May (probably May) this year, like I'd done before so easily.

But, decide on what I'm gonna pop? You're kidding, right? I can't decide!

K

kolah

Live and learn...I agree with a few other posters as stated above so I'll wait as well. Being off grid with limited power supplies and a wood stove as my only source of heat, I think I'll chill for a bit before starting this summers OD grow. Starting off with new seeds indoors for me is just too much of a hassle...which subjects my plants to way too much cold and stress.

I am getting itchy though as I got some Golden Lion genetics, Cherry Picker and a PurpleUrkle cross ( I forget what it was crossed with..help me out @baba G ) I pollen chucked GL's Lemon Cookies with a male Big Bud x Dubking and will pop off a bunch of those and pick out one or two keepers. Also have some SunGrown genetics, vintage Afghani seeds from 1986 ( should be a challenge to bring those babies back to life. Another Sungrown strain called Cherry Daddy (GDP x Cherry Pie) and a purple pheno Afghani x WW/BB. I have one more strain to choose and not sure what it will be...but thinking about a more sativa leaner (Sensi's Seeds Serious 6) or a 50/50 ( Golden Lions Blue Dream x OG). Also going with something new, a hi-test "balls to the wall's" organic supersoil this year. When they're all culled out I'll have a small backyard/greenhouse connoissuer style grow.

Last edited:
suomynona

suomynona

Ive already got a bunch of stuff started, have not had a real winter here at all, i have a lot vegging outside ala natural. I started a bunch of tardawg f2s ( @Snowblind created the f1 and @budboy299 did the f2), also some ssh f2s again from @budboy299 , dairyqueen f2s by @budboy299 , also some orgnkids banana og crossed with a dogshit male, larry og x the same dogshit male. Have these outdoors with clones of goo, forum gsc, orgnkids bbk, hindu skunk, my grandmas dream, sour diesel, purple diesel, obama kush, gg4 and others. Gonna selectively pollinate all the clones with pollen from selected males for new f1s.

@kolah , good luck bro, that afcrack x bluewidow usually expresses a very sativa pheno that will get huge. And if u get those affie seeds to po please let me know, im getting ready to try another 30 or so and hope they go, they came directly from hash plant farmers over there and i really wanna get at least a dozen or so to keep the line going.

suomynona

suomynona

@kolah , the cherry daddy is actually a male magic merlin crossed to a banana og x pre 98 bub. Called it cherry daddy cause the phenos she throws usually smell a lot like fresh cherries.

K

kolah

@kolah , the cherry daddy is actually a male magic merlin crossed to a banana og x pre 98 bub. Called it cherry daddy cause the phenos she throws usually smell a lot like fresh cherries.

thanks for the correction! I need to write this stuff down... old fart that I am can't remember shit. puff puff pass.

below frigid

below frigid

Very nice schedule. The last couple seasons I would wait until holy week in April to start my seeds. However I didn't have as much room as I have now. Maybe you convinced me to start some seeds earlier than normal, pop in waves. You messing around with clones at all? Supplemental lighting?

Many years ago I used to wait until April 20 LOL! I thought that was the real start date. Year after year it got earlier. As my knowledge increased so did quality and yields. If I was farther North or East I would wait a little longer. I have played with clones a couple of times. The first time I knew nothing about them having to be treated different and they did not do well at all. After doing some research I tried again with some XJ13 clones. Since I am off the grid and don't have power to plug into i just put a couple of those cheapy solar garden spots on them $30 for 6 on sale.
When I saw the first flowers start to form on the seed plants I just turned the solar lights off. Have not done clones in a while. I do use lots of fem beans though.

below frigid

below frigid

W
I've tried popping early in the year the past two years, and it's led to nothing but fucking headaches and a LOT of wasted genetics for me. I'm waiting til March/April/May (probably May) this year, like I'd done before so easily.

But, decide on what I'm gonna pop? You're kidding, right? I can't decide!

Sea, what kind of issues were you having from starting seeds early?

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
I have to keep them inside, and I've got fungus gnats, BAD. Like flying around inside my house all the time bad.

I've actually lost count of all the seedlings I've lost to the fucking fungus gnats.

Bulldog11

Bulldog11

How much can you yield when throwing your plants out in May Seamaiden? What about you below frigid when throwing them out in March?

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
It's going to be difficult to quantify since I've been changing so many things about my growing scenario of late, but I think I can say I average about 6lbs/plant, give or take. Remember that I'm the kind of grower who puts in what most would consider minimal effort and inputs, though. I'm sure those numbers can be pushed a lot harder, but it kills mah back!

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
Not if you're starting off with sexually immature plants (aka seed starts) or supplementing the light (extending daylight photoperiod).

mojavegreen

mojavegreen

thanx @Seamaiden. i have a couple laughing tiger males, just showed their sex so i gotta get em out of flower room, but i want the pollen. will they continue to flower outdoors this time of year in the mojave? they about 3/4 weeks from seed.

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
They'll flip back to veg, because the daylight phase is increasing. You can drop a trash can over them to keep them in flower, something like that.

You're getting some seriously fucking cold weather down there. My folks are near Joshua Tree and good Lord, to hear my mother complain about the cold! Told her she shoulda moved up here. :p

mojavegreen

mojavegreen

Only like 40 at night. We did have a cold spell a few weeks back.

Top Bottom