Decisions, Decisions... Dealing with long term health problems. Ancient remedy vs PHARMA, share your truths.

• Thread starter Frankster
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Frankster

Frankster

Never trust a doctor who's plants have died.
Supporter
I've got really bad lung problems, been smoking cig's since I was 7, and dope since around 9. I've smoked every type of weed, probably with paraquat, and other chemicals the government put on it, back then. Not to mention my fair share old musty weed. It's taken it's toll on my health, and I've always had ear, nose and throat issues all my life, since I was a kid, had lot's of nose bleeds, ect.

I was a healthprofessional for 20 years, and gave people medicines all the time, I've probably given millions and millions of doses of medications over the years, but what impresses me most, is that many of those problems can be solved by simple roots, leaves, paste, and tinctures, ancient remedies.

For my bad asthma and coughing, I think tumeric, and ginger are far better restorative, than simply taking what amounts to a chemical steroid. The anti-inflammation properties alone, but they say it may protect against cancer. I want things like that in contact with my thoat, and digestive tract daily, I don't care if it taste like pepper or dirt.

Decisions decisions  dealing with long term health problems  ancient remedy vs pharma share yo
TripsRabbit

TripsRabbit

I take an all natural supplement that makes you feel like you're in your 20s again. It takes about 3 or 4 months to start working good but if you take it every day it's a game changer. I'll pm you a link to it if you're interested.

TripsRabbit

TripsRabbit

There is a relationship between supplements called synergy. One herb boosts the powers of other herbs. Adding a black pepper extract to your vitamin regimen will make all other vitamins work better. I take protandim, ginseng and a few others off and on and I feel much better when I stick with it every day.
I also almost never smoke anymore, only dry herb vaporizer. It's sooo much better in every way. Arizer extreme Q is amazing.

Frankster

Frankster

Supporter
There is a relationship between food called synergy, biologically active molecules. I'll agree with you that much. Synergy works with many drugs promethazine, with narcotics, or grapefruit juice with my methadone, it gives an additive effect, and increase blood serum levels, correct. I was an RN for 20 years, so I understand synergy well.

Msb201171 m4

Yea, I'll look into it. I'm already taking many fresher antioxidants, and I get them all from natural sources, raw.

Like turmeric, I eat once or twice daily, and I eat like 3-5 grams of it raw... (growing it now). Before my smoke breaks, to coat my throat. I eat a fair amount of ginger also, but caramelized, cooked fresh. I drink the resulting teas from it also, or mix it with green tea, and I drink lots of green teas. Raw blueberries, strawberries, and I eat big dewberries/blackberries straight of the vine during the summer here. huckleberry also. I eat lots of fresh fruit, Mandarins, apples, banana,

Eating more fresh salmon lately also, instead of the chicken. Steelhead is wild caught, and very fresh. You can even eat it raw here. I don't eat much meat anymore, but what I do eat, is always fresh, or naturally cured. I consume fair amount of cheese and milk also. Lots of greens, peppers, garlic, spices, herbs, also. I know I'm fortunate to live where I do, and good fresh nutritious food is plentiful, and relatively inexpensive. It's most certainly the land of milk and honey. They say Oregon, but Cali and Washington fall into that same category, IMO.

Protandim® is a patented blend of 5 herbal ingredients with antioxidant activity: milk thistle (Silybum marianum) extract (225 mg), bacopa (Bacopa monnieri) extract (150 mg), ashwagandha (Withania somnifera) root (150 mg), green tea (Camellia sinensis) extract (75 mg), and turmeric (Curcuma longa) extract (75 mg).

I crave fresh Steelhead, and so does bosley my cat, I can see it in his eyes. He likes it so much he takes it out of the bowl. lol.

IMG 20210608 231120658
Last edited:
tobh

tobh

Supporter
Over that past couple months, I've been on a trial of microdosing Paul Stamet's Stack [modified]: 100mg Psilocybe Cubensis, 500mg Lion's Mane, 100mg Niacin. In place of Niacin, am taking a B-complex given the contraindications of the full B complex vs just B3. I've noticed this has been helpful in focus and emotional regulation. Plus, the creative solutions I've come up with have been rather impressive, to myself at least.

Otherwise, albeit entirely illegal, my ol lady suffers from debilitating menstraul cramps. In place of pharmaceuticals (which the doctors won't give anyways, they say her cramps are normal -- they're not) I make her poppy tea. Can't stand the shit myself, makes me nauseous. Will eat oxy over drinking that shit any day. But it helps her significantly. Instead of being curled in a ball unable to breathe for a day a month, she's able to marginally function with less pain.

Rhodiola Rosea for stress. Starting a culture so I can stop buying questionable quality supplements and just grow my own.

Passionflower for anxiety.

Mint for stomach issues.

Veggies for complex nutrient supplementation.

Cannabis for peace of mind. Growing is enough for me, consumption for my ol lady and various patients that benefit from the oils/flower that I produce.

Various mushrooms because the health benefits of fungi are an untapped resource humanity forgot about eons ago. What a mistake that was.

Fish oil. This alone has been incredibly beneficial. It's not a noticeable thing, but reintroducing higher levels of omegas have made my body feel better overall. Pretty sure it has influenced mini tobh to be more active as well.

I'm forgetting other stuff too. We're a nearly vegan household and I'm more concerned with growing things that are medicinal/useful than pretty, so the list is quite extensive. Thought I would add a little somethin somethin to this thread though.

Frankster

Frankster

Supporter
Over that past couple months, I've been on a trial of microdosing Paul Stamet's Stack [modified]: 100mg Psilocybe Cubensis, 500mg Lion's Mane, 100mg Niacin. In place of Niacin, am taking a B-complex given the contraindications of the full B complex vs just B3. I've noticed this has been helpful in focus and emotional regulation. Plus, the creative solutions I've come up with have been rather impressive, to myself at least.

Otherwise, albeit entirely illegal, my ol lady suffers from debilitating menstraul cramps. In place of pharmaceuticals (which the doctors won't give anyways, they say her cramps are normal -- they're not) I make her poppy tea. Can't stand the shit myself, makes me nauseous. Will eat oxy over drinking that shit any day. But it helps her significantly. Instead of being curled in a ball unable to breathe for a day a month, she's able to marginally function with less pain.

Rhodiola Rosea for stress. Starting a culture so I can stop buying questionable quality supplements and just grow my own.

Passionflower for anxiety.

Mint for stomach issues.

Veggies for complex nutrient supplementation.

Cannabis for peace of mind. Growing is enough for me, consumption for my ol lady and various patients that benefit from the oils/flower that I produce.

Various mushrooms because the health benefits of fungi are an untapped resource humanity forgot about eons ago. What a mistake that was.

Fish oil. This alone has been incredibly beneficial. It's not a noticeable thing, but reintroducing higher levels of omegas have made my body feel better overall. Pretty sure it has influenced mini tobh to be more active as well.

I'm forgetting other stuff too. We're a nearly vegan household and I'm more concerned with growing things that are medicinal/useful than pretty, so the list is quite extensive. Thought I would add a little somethin somethin to this thread though.
Yea, I'm working on the psilocybe cubensis part hopefully I'll have something soon, and wanting to do much more in the mushroom department overall, I think they are really good sponges, TBH, and have lot's of good potential for improving digestion and maintaining a healthy biome in the gut, ect. Especially raw.

There's a lot of good science based evidence in psilocybe for depression, emotional well being. Pretty amazing considering it's less harmless than an asprin, at least from a toxicological standpoint.

Waniciala

Waniciala

after I got sick with a terrible disease and was cured, I realized that I need to carefully monitor my health!

Waniciala

Waniciala

after I got sick with a terrible disease and was cured, I realized that I need to carefully monitor my health!
Your case shows people that everyone should take better care of their health and their habits. In general, I have recently discovered functional medicine for myself. I don't want to talk about it now. If someone is interested, then let Google this question: what is functional medicine. Well, I can say in a nutshell about this. For everyone who cares about their health, it is better to monitor it regularly. Go to the doctors and examine the whole body at least once every six months. And believe me, you will live a long time. My mother worked as a doctor for 50 years, and she is now 81 years old. And she feels great because she has always taken care of her health.

Frankster

Frankster

Supporter
Your case shows people that everyone should take better care of their health and their habits. In general, I have recently discovered functional medicine for myself. I don't want to talk about it now. If someone is interested, then let Google this question: what is functional medicine. Well, I can say in a nutshell about this. For everyone who cares about their health, it is better to monitor it regularly. Go to the doctors and examine the whole body at least once every six months. And believe me, you will live a long time. My mother worked as a doctor for 50 years, and she is now 81 years old. And she feels great because she has always taken care of her health.
Your right, we all need to take care of ourselves, it's the only life we have, so we need to conserve it, wherever possible. But that doesn't require living in fear, or at the benevolent mercy of a total stranger, who might not have your best interest at heart.

Working in healthcare, you do see preventable illness, but there's a lot more to medicine than simply "health habits" Pathology does, and will happen. People don't generally "seek out" treatments without underlying pathology. People get exposed to pathogenetic virus, bacteria, fungi, sustain injury, accidents, chronic environmental hazards, occupational hazards, there's a multitude constant onslaught to the human body that cause stress and provide ample opportunity for disease. You don't need a doctor to keep yourself healthy, you generally need one when your ill.

Some habits are obviously unhealthy, and taking care of oneself is ideal under optimum circumstances, but not everyone is entitled to heath, and/or having good habits being instilled at a young age. Human cells make up only 43% of the body's total cell count. The rest are microscopic colonists. Think about that for a moment. The human genome contains billions of pieces of information and around 22,000 genes, but not all is, strictly speaking, human.

Eight percent of our DNA consists of remnants of ancient viruses, and another 40 percent is made up of repetitive strings of genetic letters that is also thought to have a viral origin. Those extensive viral regions are more than evolutionary relics: They may be deeply involved with a wide range of diseases including multiple sclerosis, hemophilia, and amyotrophic lateral sclerosis (ALS), along with certain types of dementia and cancer. ie. heredity x-factor...

As for doctors, I take them with a grain of salt. There are certainly a few very good ones, no doubt. If they aren't trying to cut on you, or sick a periscope up your ass, or look between your ears, there overcharging you for itemized services, and selling your some poison from Big Pharma. No thanks, No thanks, No thanks. lol 🤣 Alternative medicine is no better, nor more pure motives.

I suppose if my options were limited, and I needed a chemical lobotomy, or something to keep me from going into anaphylactic shock, because it's illegal to get without a permission slip, I suppose I'll go, and pay the toll booth.

This is what I get when looking up functional medicine: This is why Wikipedia is one of my favorite unbiased sources.

Functional medicine is a form of alternative medicine that encompasses a number of unproven and disproven methods and treatments. Its proponents claim that it focuses on the "root causes" of diseases based on interactions between the environment and the gastrointestinal, endocrine, and immune systems to develop "individualized treatment plans" It has been described as pseudoscience, quackery, and at its essence a rebranding of complementary and alternative medicine.

In the United States, functional medicine practices have been ruled ineligible for course credits by the American Academy of Family Physicians because of concerns they may be harmful.

The discipline of functional medicine is vaguely defined by its proponents.[6] Oncologist David Gorski has written that the vagueness is a deliberate tactic that makes functional medicine difficult to challenge, but that in general its practice centers on unnecessary and expensive testing procedures performed in the name of "holistic" health care.

Proponents of functional medicine oppose established medical knowledge and reject its models, instead adopting a model of disease based on the notion of "antecedents", "triggers", and "mediators". These are meant to correspond to the underlying causes, the immediate causes, and the particular characteristics of a person's illness respectively. A functional medicine practitioner will devise a "matrix" from these factors which acts as a basis for treatment.

Treatments, practices, and concepts will generally be those not supported by medical evidence.

Functional medicine practitioners claim to diagnose and treat conditions that have been found by research studies to not exist, such as adrenal fatigue and numerous imbalances in body chemistry. Despite lacking evidence or studies to back up his claim, Joe Pizzorno, a major figure in functional medicine, purports that 25% of people in the United States have heavy metal poisoning and need to undergo detoxification. Mainstream scientists state that claimed detox supplements are a waste of time and money.

In 2014, the American Academy of Family Physicians withdrew granting of course credits for functional medicine courses, having identified some of its treatments as "harmful and dangerous" In 2018, it partly lifted the ban, but only to allow teaching an overview of functional medicine, not to teach its practice.

The opening of centers for functional medicine at the Cleveland Clinic Foundation and at George Washington University has been described by Gorski as an "unfortunate" example of pseudoscientific quackery infiltrating medical academia.

Last edited:
Frankster

Frankster

Supporter
Here's the God's to honest truth. One of my major symptoms is chronic cough, hacking cough, and I've had it for 15+ years now. Getting worse, and I had a brain MRI to rule out cancer. Thankfully, it's negative, but I'm not convinced I'm out of the woods yet.

I'm a procrastinator about my health, I put things off, and I don't like going to the doctor (despite being a medical professional for over 20 years) I feel like I've been down that road for so many years, they keep doing this or that, and it's only getting worse. So I've taken things into my own hands, and do something about it.

Stuff for me that actually works;
curcumin; ie. I eat raw turmeric on a daily basis, no doubt whatsoever in my mind that it helps with inflammation.
Ginger ie. I eat it either as a strong tea, or pickled, and it helps inflammation also
Red Beets; Help improve asthma, clearing sputum, and lung capacity. It's known scientifically to boot NO levels in the lungs and blood.

Eating lots of fresh roots, berries, raw foods, spices, fresh fish, grains, legumes, and other fresh organic food sources, drinking teas, and occasional juices. Eating a wide variety of unprocessed, wholesome foodstuff. Eating fermented foods.

Yeast, I eat a little daily. Saccharomyces cerevisiae helps reduce coughing and hacking, it also cleans the tissues of the tongue, cheeks, and intestines...

Probiotics;
lactobacillus; there's over 50 species.
uses for lactobacillus include:

• preventing diarrhea caused by antibiotics and infection
  • preventing colic (inconsolable crying) in babies
  • preventing lung infections in young children
  • preventing diarrhea in adults who are in the hospital or receiving chemotherapy treatment for cancer
  • treating bowel conditions such as irritable bowel syndrome (IBS) and ulcerative colitis

Bifidobacteria come in about 30 different strains, including:

• Bifidobacteria bifidum may help protect against unhealthy bacteria. ResearchTrusted Source suggests they also can relieve IBS symptoms. When combined with Lactobacillus acidophilus, Bifidobacteria bifidum might help prevent eczemaTrusted Source in newborns.
  • Bifidobacteria infantis are thought to help relieve the symptoms of IBS, such as abdominal pain, gas, and bloating
  • Bifidobacteria lactis has been reported to improve cholesterol levels in women and in people with type 2 diabetes.

Streptococcus thermophilus
These bacteria produce the enzyme lactase, which the body needs to digest the sugar in milk and other dairy products. Some studies suggest Streptococcus thermophilus can help prevent lactose intolerance.

Saccharomyces boulardii is actually a type of yeast, but it acts as a probiotic. Some studies have found it helpful for preventing and treating traveler’s diarrhea, as well as diarrhea caused by antibiotics. It may also be useful for treating acne, and reducing the side effects of antibiotic treatment for (ulcers) H. pylori bacteria.

You don't need to "buy" any of these organisms either, they can be grown, in your food stuffs, or found in a variety of natural "off the shelf" foods. Probiotics are going to be in the billions, simply ingesting various dried berries, for instance.

Last edited:
BionicKroniK

BionicKroniK

Dry herb vaporizer, please provide more detail, due to health situations, I cannot inhale pot, burns my throat and then causes me to produce flehm. Or, any other way to enjoy pot without inhaling.
Thanks
What about edibles, have you tried them yet? 🤔 I use the irVape for flower, but you can use it for wet or dry use, but @ComfortablyNumb doesn't really care for vaping flower, but carts (vape cartridges) he'll vape (IF there's a good sale on carts lol)...He's so finicky that way! 🙃😉😂
Here's a link you might want to check out below or just Google a Vape search too....Good luck and please do keep us posting, tyvm! 👍😎✌️

Frankster

Frankster

Supporter
What about edibles, have you tried them yet? 🤔 I use the irVape for flower, but you can use it for wet or dry use, but @ComfortablyNumb doesn't really care for vaping flower, but carts (vape cartridges) he'll vape (IF there's a good sale on carts lol)...He's so finicky that way! 🙃😉😂
Here's a link you might want to check out below or just Google a Vape search too....Good luck and please do keep us posting, tyvm! 👍😎✌️

View attachment 1193779
I find myself going back and forth with the edibles bro, I'll do a few one day when I'm in the mood, but other days, it's simply too much for me; and I go the joint/concentrate route. If I'm feeling I just need a little nudge in the right direction, I stick with pure flowers.

I feel like edibles are very potent things, and regulating it precisely is somewhat a challenge. The wife will eat 2 cookies and be running around like a rabbit in circles; for hours on end. I feel like edible is one of those things; you get a bit too much, and next time around, your apt to be a little more careful about dosing it.

ComfortablyNumb

ComfortablyNumb

Probably a more exact method, if your getting uniform fills.
I like to grind the flower and then fill the capsules. I just ordered a new capsule machine the other day.
Much easier to regulate the dose with different size capsules and you can cut it as well with coconut flour.

Frankster

Frankster

Supporter
I like to grind the flower and then fill the capsules. I just ordered a new capsule machine the other day.
Much easier to regulate the dose with different size capsules and you can cut it as well with coconut flour.
That's a good one; coconut flower. I'm thinking that might help it get into the system more efficiently, quickly.

Top Bottom