Dedicated Space..... a t.p grow of known and unknown factors.

• Thread starter TaimerPots
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
TaimerPots

TaimerPots

I've been growing for roughly 12 years now. Given the time of my humbling and ignorant beginnings, a lot of techniques I've developed were self taught. I've learned myths that were busted, myths that are truly worth while and still till this day.... many are still myths.
Please join me in my expensive, Jimmy rigged, elaborate, simple, clean, cluster-fucked, every man's dream and worst nightmare that we all call "Growing".
Typically I use tents. The biggest grow I've completed with satisfactory would be a 5x5. And the best yielding, fastest growing set up I've ran to date would be a 4x4 table, top feed flood and drain. Powered by a 780 watt led purchased from alibaba. 75 gallon res, nutrients were basic Jake's tomato food during veg and my own custom mix from raw nutrients during flower. The most I've ended up is 2.3 pounds dried flower.
This go around I entend to employ an entire space or full grow room.
To accomplish my goal I put my skills to use, taking 6 feet away from my garage I built a wall. Starting with a drop soffit ( I figured it would be easier down the road for ventilation and overall stability), this allowed me to use the much cheaper 8' wooden studs. Using metal track as my base and top plate. For my electrical needs I added a total of 12 outlets. My breaker box has room for 2 more breakers so I plan on using 2 20amp breakers and connecting 6 outlets to each. After researching, this should more than enough to power the room.
1/2" sheetrock covered the studs, I even built my own door, simple 1/2" plywood edge banded on side to make up some trim work. Apply mud isn't my expertise but I did pretty good at making my walls smooth and flat and applied a few coats of bright white semi gloss paint on EVERYTHING.
This grow will be on a 4x8 table. I wanted to use a newly purchased 4x8 tent but the table is massive. Outter dimensions are 104"×52" so I had to build my own stand for it and go with an open space grow. I sprayed the stand with a gloss white paint as well....
That's pretty much where I'm at now.
I'm planning on do a drain to waste system, I don't see the point in how current systems are set up. I plan to continue with top feeding. I entend on running my pumps just long enough to water my plants with whatever drainage going to a secondary, not connected resivor.

D

dean1963

sounds like a nice setup. i'm sure the semi gloss paint will last for awhile, but as a drywaller, when it starts to get mouldy redo it with dens shield.
it's a far better product for wet or damp areas.
your setup is good but will eventually get mould.

WizCokzilla

WizCokzilla

hahaha I understand you so well, I think that most of us who smoke develop personal techniques, then they say that marijuana damages the brain, I only see that they make us more intelligent

PipeCarver

PipeCarver

Supporter
I've been growing for roughly 12 years now. Given the time of my humbling and ignorant beginnings, a lot of techniques I've developed were self taught. I've learned myths that were busted, myths that are truly worth while and still till this day.... many are still myths.
Please join me in my expensive, Jimmy rigged, elaborate, simple, clean, cluster-fucked, every man's dream and worst nightmare that we all call "Growing".
Typically I use tents. The biggest grow I've completed with satisfactory would be a 5x5. And the best yielding, fastest growing set up I've ran to date would be a 4x4 table, top feed flood and drain. Powered by a 780 watt led purchased from alibaba. 75 gallon res, nutrients were basic Jake's tomato food during veg and my own custom mix from raw nutrients during flower. The most I've ended up is 2.3 pounds dried flower.
This go around I entend to employ an entire space or full grow room.
To accomplish my goal I put my skills to use, taking 6 feet away from my garage I built a wall. Starting with a drop soffit ( I figured it would be easier down the road for ventilation and overall stability), this allowed me to use the much cheaper 8' wooden studs. Using metal track as my base and top plate. For my electrical needs I added a total of 12 outlets. My breaker box has room for 2 more breakers so I plan on using 2 20amp breakers and connecting 6 outlets to each. After researching, this should more than enough to power the room.
1/2" sheetrock covered the studs, I even built my own door, simple 1/2" plywood edge banded on side to make up some trim work. Apply mud isn't my expertise but I did pretty good at making my walls smooth and flat and applied a few coats of bright white semi gloss paint on EVERYTHING.
This grow will be on a 4x8 table. I wanted to use a newly purchased 4x8 tent but the table is massive. Outter dimensions are 104"×52" so I had to build my own stand for it and go with an open space grow. I sprayed the stand with a gloss white paint as well....
That's pretty much where I'm at now.
I'm planning on do a drain to waste system, I don't see the point in how current systems are set up. I plan to continue with top feeding. I entend on running my pumps just long enough to water my plants with whatever drainage going to a secondary, not connected resivor.
hey there, just a note for you...a 20 amp breaker requires a #12 wire that can handle a 20 amp load...your receptacles are 15 amp which requires a #14 wire. they're are not made to handle a #12 and they'll be difficult to wrap the screw on the receptacle & you can't use the quick wire holes on the back with a #12. You'd be better off with 15 amp breakers running #14

You should have no need for a 20 amp load on any 1 circuit unless you're running 20 amps to a small sub panel then take your 15 amp circuits off that......but 20 amps is not worthy of a sub panel...30 minimum with a #10 feed if it comes to that.

Latest posts

Top Bottom