Deficiencies- Looking for some direction

• Thread starter 11Hick11
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
11Hick11

11Hick11

Recalibrated and tested the water i had yesterday and its at 6.07 now, it was @ 6.2 yesterday. Temp changed slightly so i would expect that.

I tested soil PH with the pill type test kits and it was way greener than the green Highest PH of 7.5, very Alkaline. Thats probably an issue? Also tested my soil build and same thing. Any store bought soil to get through flower? Straberry fields?

Last edited:
Aqua Man

Aqua Man

Recalibrated and tested the water i had yesterday and its at 6.07 now, it was @ 6.2 yesterday. Temp changed slightly so i would expect that.
Ok was just thinking if you were gett a pH of 9 in RO something was way out. Even though you shouldn't trust a ph meter in RO I have never heard of or seen a pH of 9 in RO

11Hick11

11Hick11

Ok was just thinking if you were gett a pH of 9 in RO something was way out. Even though you shouldn't trust a ph meter in RO I have never heard of or seen a pH of 9 in RO
Yep, your right, tested the water i was getting 9+, now getting right at 7.0. Then i tested the water i PHed and was only 0.1 different. That is very strange to me. I think im going use both the drops and the PH meter as a check from now on. Thanks for your help bud.

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

I don't think that's necessarily your problem though. I think others here got ya covered. Looks like a bit to much nutes and over watered. I just couldn't help but notice that ph thing

It's always easier to correct under feeding and under watering just my opinion and I am a hydro guy for now so take that with a grain of salt.

Wolfe

Wolfe

Haven’t used a ph meter in about 4 or 5 years. Super soil mix and water. I don’t ever cook my soil. I have recycled soil for 7 years now. Also it’s nice, you mix nutrients once and your done. And you can top dress should any problem arise. Just add water after that. I just filter and don’t use an RO. I got sick of always having to mix up proportions and so on and then ph my water, ppm meter blah blah blah. Pain in the ass for me. I like things simple and I don’t like to have to be obligated to having to mix nutrients or have some random person come by my house to feed my plants a scientific concoction when I’m out of town. Also, the great thing about using super soil is you can automate way easier. All you have is water to mess with. Timers, pumps and hoses to your plants. Then your plants are on a regular consistent schedule. You may have to add water to the last plants at the end of the pump line every now and then when the plants need it but that’s about it. I’ve made this on a small scale also, it’s started seeds out and I went on vacation and came back and all my seeds were booming. I have one for starting plants if I want. I have a system for outdoor and one for a 6k watt indoor. I could virtually run all three at the same time fully automated. Not saying this is how you should do it by any means.
I’m just letting people know the ways that I have been able to do this with less work.
Any how something else to think about.

Reactions: Ina
11Hick11

11Hick11

Haven’t used a ph meter in about 4 or 5 years. Super soil mix and water. I don’t ever cook my soil. I have recycled soil for 7 years now. Also it’s nice, you mix nutrients once and your done. And you can top dress should any problem arise. Just add water after that. I just filter and don’t use an RO. I got sick of always having to mix up proportions and so on and then ph my water, ppm meter blah blah blah. Pain in the ass for me. I like things simple and I don’t like to have to be obligated to having to mix nutrients or have some random person come by my house to feed my plants a scientific concoction when I’m out of town. Also, the great thing about using super soil is you can automate way easier. All you have is water to mess with. Timers, pumps and hoses to your plants. Then your plants are on a regular consistent schedule. You may have to add water to the last plants at the end of the pump line every now and then when the plants need it but that’s about it. I’ve made this on a small scale also, it’s started seeds out and I went on vacation and came back and all my seeds were booming. I have one for starting plants if I want. I have a system for outdoor and one for a 6k watt indoor. I could virtually run all three at the same time fully automated. Not saying this is how you should do it by any means.
I’m just letting people know the ways that I have been able to do this with less work.
Any how something else to think about.
This is what my goal is . I want to get to this point with my soil and have a small 2 to 4 plant perpetual indoor grow. I just want to add water and if somthing arises to top feed or brew a tea. Ive been reading just tons on soil mixes on here but i dont think i have time to start one now for these plants? Is there a mix that i wouldn't need to cook to start off with?

11Hick11

11Hick11

At this point i dont think there is anything benifical with the medium. I was brewing teas and top dressing with Uprising Grow in hopes that would be enough for the plants in Veg.

chemistry

chemistry

At this point i dont think there is anything benifical with the medium. I was brewing teas and top dressing with Uprising Grow in hopes that would be enough for the plants in Veg.

Put your self out there for the tea experts on Farmers, I've not had a lot to do with teas and brewing them, your tea may well just need a tweek and your sorted.

Wolfe

Wolfe

Here is basic ingredients you could use without cooking your soil.
Worm castings
Bat guano 9-3-1 and 3-10-1
Alfalfa mean 2.5 -1-1
Green sander
Kelp meal 1-0. 1-2
Fish meal 10-4-0
Dolomite( check container)
I’ve
Epson salt( check container)
Microhyaze
This is what my goal is . I want to get to this point with my soil and have a small 2 to 4 plant perpetual indoor grow. I just want to add water and if somthing arises to top feed or brew a tea. Ive been reading just tons on soil mixes on here but i dont think i have time to start one now for these plants? Is there a mix that i wouldn't need to cook to start off with?

Wolfe

Wolfe

I don’t use teas although I’m not opposed to it. I figure my pumps last longer if I’m not clogging them up with random material. I suppose it’s kinda like a tea when I mix up some fruit and eggs and water in a blender and dump that in the plant which need a boost. My old roommate brewed chicken shit and used it on his flo plants. . It’s all about keeping it simple for me though. I mainly stick to water and only add stuff if it looks like something needs it. Lots of info on here about mixing soil up. My first recipes were with bone meal and blood meal. One trick I use, I put my soil in the kiddi pool and then add the mix. I mix it up and then put the heaviest part of the mix containing the most parts of nutrients at the bottom of say three pots. The bottom of the kiddi pool containing the least amount of nutrients I would put on top.

Wolfe

Wolfe

My outdoor set up and all my set ups are super simple. Hose timer with hose going into filter. Filter hose going into trash can. Pump and tubing. Air check valve to stop syphon. I started my plants late and want to keep them fairly small intentionally. Last year my plants were 12 ft tall. These will still get a lot bigger and are growing very rapidly now that I’ve transplanted them. My goal to keep them under the fence line which will be difficult. I’ve been pinching stocks already. Not sure how many males I’ll get this year either, hopefully none. I had six I think last year and I juiced them and ate them before they could drop anything. I’ve got 24 to work with, state approved for edibles.

E6D6506C 4A86 4C50 A00C 0E910FFA6D8C
8CA1556B B257 4A52 A39B FD3FF5753E79
13A8B7FF A354 44AF A0FF EC2C18E39C83
238C2BA8 DD19 4BB6 992D 942547650B14
Wolfe

Wolfe

This was outdoor from last summer.
I’ve been breeding gg4 with gg4 for years and the outdoor is looking like indoor now even with density.

500AF652 0CDE 4588 8337 6D14DEE8576E
CB1FF78A 44D7 4C86 B1A6 904ED603FF37
11Hick11

11Hick11

This was outdoor from last summer.
I’ve been breeding gg4 with gg4 for years and the outdoor is looking like indoor now even with density.
Very nice, i like the crazy leaf structure. Great job with the pests to. I love gg. I have gg1 going now but this is my first time with it, looks like a runt compared to gsc & gods gift lol.
20190624 185457

Ina

Ina

I would suggest to change that coco with peat mix if you want to use teas and top dressing.I'm not familiar with coco,but it needs different approach,feeding and watering than soil mix.And may be it doesn't work good with home made ferts and teas.Coco gardeners know that better but I think not.You can make very good soil mix without cooking it long or cooking it at all. you can just use some peat base,a little wormcastings or compost or manure(but lot less than the base-peat) and lots of drainage,lots of perlit,it is never too much),may be some stones.....
Super soil is also good option and you could only water or/and transplant….Transplanting is also feeding,you put the plant in new,untouched soil,that gives you the opportunity to enrich it a little different for different stages of growth and flowering…...You don't have to cook it,you can just mix it and leave it for a day. You don't necessary need all of the amendments listed in super soil recipes,just some of them-base,fert/s(could be compost,could be worm castings or some manure,alfalfa or whatever,could be mix of all but not too much)and drainage!!!!!(could be few types of rocks,perlite,zeolite,rocks give you cal mag along with the drainage they provide). You can always add bacteria and such to that.If you gonna water your plants with teas and top dress them than it is better if the soil is lighter on ferts because you gonna add more and better add different fertz than what you got in the soil.Also for small seedlings-lighter soil mix with lots of drainage.
Or the easiest is to buy ready soil mix,that is tested and proven good:)Also it will be good if you up the RH,because now it is too low for veg.

11Hick11

11Hick11

Got them in new 7 gal pots now for a few days. I went with a mix of 5 cups FF Straberry Fields to 1 cup organic compost and added just a little alfalfa in and a little extra dolimite lime (2 tbls per 7 gal, must have read the package incorrectly because it already has this mixed in). Around the hole i used about 1" of Coco Loco in hopes that lets them get used to the new home. About 2 to 3 weeks before flip.
20190626 150655
20190626 150725
20190626 150715
20190626 174750

11Hick11

11Hick11

Well, something is happening with the soil build i did above. Today i noticed even more yellowing that ill need to get a pic of. I can see the progression from 8/4 Day 1 of flower till now. Is this just needing more N or do they look under fed? I dont want to flush this as i think that would end it for them. The only ones having the issue are the ones in this soil mix, green buckets are a different mix. Any suggestions to try and salvage these? There is also a drastic difference with but development.

8/4 - Feeding of Tea (ewc, fish emulsion, seaweed extract, molasses)
8/11 - Top fed with Roots Organic Uprising Grow & RO water with 3ml per gal of CalMag
8/16 - RO water with 3ml per gal of CalMag
8/21 - Need to water tomorrow, leaves are now droopy.
20190731 105218
20190804 140625
20190811 113037
20190811 155558
20190817 122201
20190817 122309
20190817 122318

Latest posts

Top Bottom