Deficiencies or Toxicity

• Thread starter TrumanBudbank
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
TrumanBudbank

TrumanBudbank

first timer here.

week 5/day 3 of flowering.

7 plants in fox farm soil (2gal fabric) Had a bunch of different seeds and decided to see what would happen.

HLG 260V2 at 100% 24” above tallest plant.

HLG 100 at 100% in the front for supplemental light (a gift)

rH- 45-48 temp- 75-76 F maintained 24/7

emerald harvest nutes and calmag

Schedule

Feed 50% strength

Feed 25% strength

Terp Tea Bloom w/Molasses

pH water

My RO is 6.1

No pests to note.

I use a small boost of CO2 from a DYI setup

(2 gallon jugs/yeast sugar)

Brings ppm to 13-1500 for a couple days then tapers off.

I try my best not to succumb to new parent paranoia, but with any abnormalities I notice, I question my entire process.

my primary issue are with 3 of my plants with mild yellowing/lightly colored leaves, a couple plants have a few brown spots, and a few plants have smaaaaaall yellow/brown tips.
Alain have an issue with the edges curling up a bit....

Hours of research have led me to believe it’s a calcium deficiency or toxicity of some sort. Maybe a lockout.

But I’ve been giving the highest dose of Roots Organic CALMAG

(CA - 4.0% MG- 1.0% Sulfur 4.0%)

I use calmag every feed AND water.
Is this cal def or cal tox?

And should I stop using the calmag every feed/water and only use once a week?

what can I do about the plants edges curling up?
75 degrees rH 44% all times.

Please help, I’m freakin out

Deficiencies or toxicity
Deficiencies or toxicity 2
Deficiencies or toxicity 3
Deficiencies or toxicity 4
Deficiencies or toxicity 5
SmokerBwah

SmokerBwah

Too much cal mag. Are you using hose water /sink water. I believe There is already enough cal mag In that water even if it’s filtered. Ide say if you are using sink water then stop cal mag and only use it if you notice deficiencies.

SmokerBwah

SmokerBwah

I take that back if it’s reverse osmosis water then you have to add cal mag but still think you may have too much cal mag

cemchris

cemchris

Supporter
It's not Ca. If you are ODing on Ca it can lock out other things tho. Ca is always on new growth not old. Ca moves in the plant with the water and then stays put after that. EH nutes have plenty on Ca in them. No need to supp. Just up the micro if you need to (if using their 3 part). Make sure enviro/PH are all in check before moving to nutes. Start out using only M/G/B before you start adding other nutes. Get a handle on the base for a couple of runs and if you feel something is lacking add on top of that. Right out of that gate hitting 5 bottles and running into problems you will just be guessing. Is it bottle A? is it bottle B ect? Get what I'm sayin? Less is more. Overfeeding, overwatering, underfeeding, underwatering, temp/humid swings, and light distance can all cause the problems you are seeing. Knock all those out then start looking at the feeds.

Are you spraying with anything?

Jimster

Jimster

Supporter
Calcium can combine with Phosphorus in higher quantities and form Calcium Phosphate, which is not usable by plants and actually locks up both the calcium AND the phosphorus in the soils. That is why prefer to add my own nutes. Phosphorus is difficult to remove from the soil, so flushing might not be of much benefit. I would lay off the nutes as much as possible. Cal-Mag is sometimes needed when using RO water, but soil mediums usually have enough calcium in them to keep things healthy. Your best bet might be a dilute foliar feeding, which bypasses the roots and eliminates the bottleneck.

Top Bottom