deficiencies? overwatering? underwatering? not enough fresh air?

• Thread starter egz91
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
egz91

egz91

Hi guys i'm up'loading this pics cause i can't understand what is wrong with them, i'm not overwatering i think maybe the fact that i have my tend in a nonwindowed garage is the problem, but i'm leaving the entrance 1/4 opened all the time!!!

Deficiencies overwatering underwatering not enough fresh air
Deficiencies overwatering underwatering not enough fresh air 2
Deficiencies overwatering underwatering not enough fresh air 3
az2000

az2000

I think they look fine. But, it looks like you're still watering lightly. (<<link) I see the outline of dry soil like you're watering around the stalk. That can cause problems if the soil isn't being completely saturated, and then allowed to dry completely. I don't see any perlite in that soil. That could mean it stays wet too long. From your other thread, it sounded like (and looked like) that soil has a lot of coco. Maybe that will help with the drainage/aeration. I've never used coco at all.

But, you really do want to water for total saturation, some amount of runoff (the rule of thumb is 10%. I often do closer to 20% to reduce the salts in the soil. Organic growers don't like a lot of runoff. They want to keep the microbial goodness in the soil, not wash anything out). You don't want any dry pockets.

The risk of just watering around the stalk is that you'll treat it like a houseplant, giving it a drink every day. Unless that soil dries every day, cannabis doesn't doesn't typically grow well like that. (If the soil did dry every day, it would be hard to know which part of the soil is dry because the center could be wet, while the sides are dry.).

skinnypuppy

skinnypuppy

I hear a lot about soil having to dry before the next watering.... If I let my girls soil dry out before watering they get droopy pissed at me. Keep an eye on your plant if it looks unhappy give it a bit of water and see if she perks up. She will let you know.

egz91

egz91

It seems like the soil Is not completely wet bit when i water i Always be carefull not to leave dry soil

az2000

az2000

I hear a lot about soil having to dry before the next watering.... If I let my girls soil dry out before watering they get droopy pissed at me. Keep an eye on your plant if it looks unhappy give it a bit of water and see if she perks up. She will let you know.

A useful thing to do is to always lift your containers, get used to what they feel like after various lengths of time after watering. Then, let the soil dry to the point the leaves wilt. Lift the container and feel what *too dry* feels like. Then try to get to a few hours before that condition. The leaves will bounce back within 20 minutes of watering. It's not a terribly bad stress. I wouldn't do it to seedlings or flowering plants. But, it's a good tradeoff to keeping the soil too wet, which is far more common than keeping it too dry.

But, the soil needs to be uniformly wet to start with. Otherwise the roots will grow into dry pockets, the core will be kept too wet all the time. You have to start with the soil being all wet. Then let it all dry.

az2000

az2000

It seems like the soil Is not completely wet bit when i water i Always be carefull not to leave dry soil

Water slowly, from the outer perimeter. Pour about half the volume. Give it 5-10 minutes to saturate. Then pour the remainder slowly, from the outer perimeter inward. Try to get about 10% runoff (10% of the volume you poured in. If you pour a quart, try to get about 1/2 cup runoff.). Then lift the container to feel what that's like. Occasionally lift the container to see how the weight changes over time. Eventually let a mature, veggging plant reach the point of wilting from being too dry. Lift it. See what that feels like. You'll be *amazed* how dry the soil can be before signs of stress. You want to err on the side of that dry, not keeping it wet like a houseplant.

skinnypuppy

skinnypuppy

But, the soil needs to be uniformly wet to start with. Otherwise the roots will grow into dry pockets, the core will be kept too wet all the time. You have to start with the soil being all wet. Then let it all dry.
That is a very good point especially if you have peat in your soil.

skinnypuppy

skinnypuppy

If you are making your own soil mix you really have to pay attention to the peat if that is what you are using try putting it in your wheel barrow add water and stir it around a bit then take a shovel and dig in and turn it over. You will see what I mean that shit repels water until you pre-soak it.

Rikismom420

Rikismom420

A useful thing to do is to always lift your containers, get used to what they feel like after various lengths of time after watering. Then, let the soil dry to the point the leaves wilt. Lift the container and feel what *too dry* feels like. Then try to get to a few hours before that condition. The leaves will bounce back within 20 minutes of watering. It's not a terribly bad stress. I wouldn't do it to seedlings or flowering plants. But, it's a good tradeoff to keeping the soil too wet, which is far more common than keeping it too dry.

How do u lift pots when u have scrog netting....but understand the rest of it ...šŸ˜Š thx always like any info

egz91

egz91

no its biocanna soil its premade it's a very drainy soil....i just wanted to know if to you guys the plants seem healthy!!!

egz91

egz91

yes i was feeding atami nutes mineral nutes with 1/4 sometimes half dose....maybe dew to the prefert soil it was too much...just giving water for a few times now!!!!

Latest posts

Top Bottom