Deficiencies

• Thread starter FedeleFiness
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
FedeleFiness

FedeleFiness

Can someone help me identify these two Northern Lights issues? I've tried giving them just pH water and CalMag nothing seems to be working.

Deficiencies
fatconeskills

fatconeskills

seems like you're growing in coco ? if you are, I recently experienced similar issues with my grow, I would get runoff. PPMs and Ph, you can't really get a conclusive reading in terms of ph, you you can monitor your ppm in runoff. Symptoms will not go away in older growth, damage done is damage done, so move on and keep the grow healthy. Check runoff, most likely lockout that's giving a cal mag deficiency. Hopefully the more experienced patrons here will correct me and explain further.

TheWizardOfOz

TheWizardOfOz

Be sure never to let coco dry out, not even a bit. The top layer should always show at least some level of moistness imo.

When it dries out too much ph swings way out due to a buildup of the nutes getting way too concentrated, make sure you are feeding/watering regularly enough. Coco needs a lot of calmag normally, but as another poster stated many times it contains nitrogen also.

Yur leaves aren't overly dark green, and not clawing, so I'm not sure I would put my money on a nitrogen toxicity. Normally blotchy and rusty spots do indicate a possible calcium def. Get your watering/nute strength/schedule down and you should be fine.

Also make sure to give the medium a really good water through (with nutes and/or without, depending on run off ec/ppm) every couple of weeks or so, to get rid of excess salts.

Hopefully something helps! :)

FedeleFiness

FedeleFiness

Be sure never to let coco dry out, not even a bit. The top layer should always show at least some level of moistness imo.

When it dries out too much ph swings way out due to a buildup of the nutes getting way too concentrated, make sure you are feeding/watering regularly enough. Coco needs a lot of calmag normally, but as another poster stated many times it contains nitrogen also.

Yur leaves aren't overly dark green, and not clawing, so I'm not sure I would put my money on a nitrogen toxicity. Normally blotchy and rusty spots do indicate a possible calcium def. Get your watering/nute strength/schedule down and you should be fine.

Also make sure to give the medium a really good water through (with nutes and/or without, depending on run off ec/ppm) every couple of weeks or so, to get rid of excess salts.

Hopefully something helps! :)
Thank you very much that was insightful and very helpful

MountainRoad

MountainRoad

How are they doing now? Did you figure out what was needed?

Mine look almost exactly the same.

Top Bottom