Deficiency and problems with autoflower girl

• Thread starter feelsgreen
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
feelsgreen

feelsgreen

Hello friends.

Im having an issue with one of my autos. Its a Quick One from RQS. The soil is All Mix (I know, should be Light Mix), in 25L air pots. Im using only BioBizz products, and Im using all of them, in a conservative way. Watering every 4-5 days. Temperature, humidity and air flow is good. However, about 3 weeks ago this plant started to yellow and turn pale from the tops, and then that went to all the plant. Now, it has some brown spots on some of the leaves. She almost stopped growing, and is not flowering (should have flowered by now). Please see attached pictures.
Im guessing this could be a cal mag defficiency, but Im not shure.
Could anyone help me please?
Thank you in advance
Deficiency and problems with autoflower girl
Deficiency and problems with autoflower girl 2
Deficiency and problems with autoflower girl 3
Deficiency and problems with autoflower girl 4
Deficiency and problems with autoflower girl 5
Deficiency and problems with autoflower girl 6
Deficiency and problems with autoflower girl 7
Deficiency and problems with autoflower girl 8

feelsgreen

feelsgreen

I dont have a PPM meter, but I can tell you me feeding schedule:
(All products are BioBizz)
BioGrow - 1ml/l NPK 4-3-6
BioBloom - 1ml/l NPK 2-6-3,5
TopMax - 1ml/l
BioHeaven - 2ml/l
ActiVera - 2ml/l
AlgaMic - 1ml/l
The PH of the final water (after nutes added) I feed is around 6.3 - 6.5.
Btw Im running 2xSP250 lights from Mars Hydro.

Seraphine

Seraphine

pH might be too low for the soil. It needs to be adjusted so it’s closer to 6.8 but not over 7. If the pH is too low then not all nutrients will be available for uptake.

I would adjust the pH first before adjusting nutrients. I am not familiar with that line but make sure there is a cal-mag supplement in there. Those rust looking spots can be from lack of calcium. But it could be because the pH is a little low and the roots are not able to uptake the calcium.

Last edited:
Moshmen

Moshmen

The auto is pretty finicky when it comes to nutes, don’t need much at all. Easy to over feed, calcium and magnesium can be an issue I do t use calmag anymore as you can lock out one with the other,
Looks like a uptake problem to me something in the root zone possibly bad ph, possible cold roots? You could have them locked out with all the nutes ur feedin, get that ppm/ec meter it will be your best friend

feelsgreen

feelsgreen

Do you guys think I should wait till the next watering and up the PH to 6.7 for example and see how it goes, or should I buy a cal-mag and give it to her? I honestly dont think the PH is the problem, as from 6.4 to 6.7 the difference is very small, and that should not cause that kind of proeminent problems.

bunkerking

bunkerking

Do you guys think I should wait till the next watering and up the PH to 6.7 for example and see how it goes, or should I buy a cal-mag and give it to her? I honestly dont think the PH is the problem, as from 6.4 to 6.7 the difference is very small, and that should not cause that kind of proeminent problems.

No its a big difference. Just because you think .1 is a small increment, doesnt mean it is.

bunkerking

bunkerking

More so when your PH drops from them eating... and you starting low puts you even lower.

Moshmen

Moshmen

I’m not concerned about the ph going in, what is it from the runoff?/ slurry test? Ppm -ec is a more useful tool in my opinion . Maybe top dress some lime

Seraphine

Seraphine

Think about ocean acidification, a 0.1 change in pH is killing all kinds of sea life. A 0.1 or 0.2 change in blood pH causes seizures in humans. So like @bunkerking said, a .1 or .3 change change is a big deal to plants.

bunkerking

bunkerking

"The pH scale is logarithmic, meaning that an increase or decrease of an integer value changes the concentration by a tenfold. For example, a pH of 3 is ten times more acidic than a pH of 4 "

feelsgreen

feelsgreen

Guys, thank you so much for your help! Here´s an update:
I think part of the problem was because of the light. I just had too musch of it. I have two SP250 leds, and in the beginning I was using only one light. I had strong healthy grow, with nice smell. At some moment, I decided to turn on the second light, and from that moment my growth stopped, no smell, and little problems started to appear on the rest of the plants. It took me some time untill I realised that. Now I turned off the second light and the thing are starting to look better again. The smell is back, and that sick girl started to grow again. Before turning off the second light, I flushed her and gave some PH´d watter with some light nutes + some CalMag. She was not recovering until I turned the second light off. Now shes seems to started the grow again, but the new grow continue to be pale. For now shes not ready for another watering. She´s still wet. But what do you think I should give her when water again?
Another problem Im having with her is that she is an autoflowering but is not flowering. She should be in flower long ago, but she continues growing without even showing sex. Im hopping that could be because of the stress she had been through (but something is telling me this is not true).
Here´s an update of her look.
20191229 200222
20191229 200228
20191229 200235
20191229 200244
20191229 200304

Moshmen

Moshmen

Also looks like some sort of lock out or def, calcium or magnesium ? Sorry I forget what ur feeding if anything I’ll look back
My personal opinion is the white light does something different? I combined the sp250 with 2 other boards contains some far red and ir chip but I over 500 watts run in a 2x4 . Good or bad I don’t really know yet ?

Glad to here your experience

Beachwalker

Beachwalker

Guys, thank you so much for your help! Here´s an update:
I think part of the problem was because of the light. I just had too musch of it. I have two SP250 leds, and in the beginning I was using only one light. I had strong healthy grow, with nice smell. At some moment, I decided to turn on the second light, and from that moment my growth stopped, no smell, and little problems started to appear on the rest of the plants. It took me some time untill I realised that. Now I turned off the second light and the thing are starting to look better again. The smell is back, and that sick girl started to grow again. Before turning off the second light, I flushed her and gave some PH´d watter with some light nutes + some CalMag. She was not recovering until I turned the second light off. Now shes seems to started the grow again, but the new grow continue to be pale. For now shes not ready for another watering. She´s still wet. But what do you think I should give her when water again?
Another problem Im having with her is that she is an autoflowering but is not flowering. She should be in flower long ago, but she continues growing without even showing sex. Im hopping that could be because of the stress she had been through (but something is telling me this is not true).
Here´s an update of her look. View attachment 925332View attachment 925333View attachment 925334View attachment 925335View attachment 925336
Looks like calcium deficiency, you need to get a PPM meter so you know how much you're feeding cuz I think it's hungry; and you need to start adjusting your pH to 6.5 for best results, good luck!

feelsgreen

feelsgreen

Guys, it was because of the low temperature. I had in temperatures betwen 15 and 18ºC, and for long periods that was low. Low temperature can create a magnesium defficiency. As soon as I put a heater with a thermostat in there and gave them 24ºC, all my plants started to love life again, including that most problematic one.

sparky16

sparky16

I'm glad you got that sorted, and valuable information for all. I have a question for you and other members. I've got an auto Big Devil XXL, that's about a foot tall in a 1L airpot, and was going to put into a 12 L, but seeing your post, think will try it in a 25L pot, I'd gotten to try a pure Sativa. Im fairly new to this. I have 5 white widow about a month from harvest, but poor environment (extractor fan too small, and some light intrusions) means they're not as strong as they should be. Nevermind, I have Allmix and Lightmix and also worm compost (Not pure vermiculite -about 40%). I was tempted to go the allmix route, but read so much about autos being so sensitive to feed, will probably go lightmix. I was just wondering what people thought? It will be in a 1mx1mx2m with 5 plants for 12 hours, under a 250hps for 12 hours, then under 100w of LEDs (they are the separate 50w chinese leds you see - but do pull exactly 50w from the socket). I was also thinking now maybe the time to stick them under the 400w hps? I have the full range of biobizz, plus calmag (tnc and I accidentally bought the vitalink one but not used it yet) molasses, seaweed. Also any guidance on how much to feed? I've read that the biobizz recommendations of 1ml per liter for their products is too strong for autos? Help gratefully sought as transplanting tonight. Thanks guys/gals!

ps -my first post, I'll get round to filling in full profile later.

feelsgreen

feelsgreen

Hello there!
Im growing in 25l airpots with no problems. Also Im growing in AllMix, as I find it to be better than LightMix (I´ve tried both).
If you introduce a 400w light, do it gently, as you may shock your plants.

Latest posts

Top Bottom