Deficiency? Low Ph? Too much heat?

• Thread starter Jfkwhenibust
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Jfkwhenibust

Jfkwhenibust

HELP! I’ve been growing these for about 40 days now. I started them inside and moved them outside about two weeks ago and problems started to occur. When inside I was watering them with water from one of my fish tanks. Now that they’re outside and I was using water from the hose. After seeing the leafs turn brown I tested the ph in my tap water and it was at 8.6. Since than I’ve been lowering the ph in a bucket and watering them with a ph or around 6.0. I’m assuming the fluctuation is what caused the leafs to turn like that. I was wondering if anybody thinks it could be a nutrient deficient? I’ve been feeding them regularly with fox farms “grow big” and they’re planted in “Happy Frog”. After changing the ph the new growth seems to be healthy and green but I thought I’d share and get some other opinions just in case. Any help would be greatly appreciated! Thanks

Deficiency low ph too much heat
Deficiency low ph too much heat 2
Deficiency low ph too much heat 3
Deficiency low ph too much heat 4
Deficiency low ph too much heat 5
Deficiency low ph too much heat 6
Deficiency low ph too much heat 7
Habosabin

Habosabin

The high ph could lock nutes out. Hopefully you fixed it with the new ph

lvstealth

lvstealth

Supporter
from the happy frog site the soil ph is 6.3 to 6.8. it suggests that a run-off ph test is not good, to try a slurry:

Helpful Hint: testing for pH in soil is very different than when you test in water. Testing the runoff from a container is not always accurate as the water just drains out nutrients. If you want to use your current pH instrument instead of one calibrated for soil, you must test your pH with a slurry test. Take ½ cup of soil and mix with 1 cup of water. Let it sit for 30 minutes and test away. We recommend that everyone test their pH as it is a top cause for many plant problems, but spend the extra money on a better meter and keep the tip clean.

having said that, i dont think it is the water.

i think it is light.

did you harden them? i think they will recover when they get use to the sun.

Jfkwhenibust

Jfkwhenibust

I did not harden them!

I this is my first season and I tried researching as much as possible but I didn’t look into the process of transferring them from inside to outside!

I’ll try the slurry test and see what I get with that. Does it matter the ph of the water I use for that test?

ComfortablyNumb

ComfortablyNumb

Ohhh.... Moving from inside to outside. The pH is off because the whole plant is off.
I'm guessing that you had it on 18/6 before you moved it outside where it is naturally 12/12.

GNick55

GNick55

Staff
Supporter
looks like you’ve been watering too frequently,
bloated leaves, burnt leave edges, curling down, little stunted for 40 days.. etc .. all signs of watering too frequently..

lvstealth

lvstealth

Supporter
today is the day there is the most light, here about 15 hours.

if you didnt harden it, that is what is wrong. i recognize it, just did it!

just google hardening it for moving it out.

Top Bottom