Deficiency of some kind in hybrid in soil?

• Thread starter Beatkeeper
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
B

Beatkeeper

Hey there. I'm guessing this looks like some kind of deficiency. I was thinking maybe calcium or manganese. However, I'm doing the fox farms regimen plus adding calmag. I think that what is going on is the pH is too low in the feeding solution for the plant to uptake those nutes but would like a second opinion as this is only my 3rd grow. The reason for the low pH suspicion is that my nice (and by nice, I mean Chinese made POS) digital pH meter stopped working and I've been using an aquarium color changing vial pH test kit. It tests right in the range I need, but it's very hard when using Fox Farms Big Bloom because it's a brownish cloudy color, so it's harder to tell when the color is in the correct range (I aim for about 6.4 pH btw). I think it looks like higher pH than it actually is because of the Big Bloom.

Another thing I was thinking was possible was light burn. I'm using a Marshydro LED array TS 1000 in a 4x2 grow tent and the light was about 6 inches from the tallest part of the plant and I just raised it to 9 inches just in case. I do have great air circulation in here, including an extra fan just for the light, so it doesn't really get hot. Temp sits between 73-75 degrees F max. Humidity fluctuates between 34-40%.

There is a very mild fungus gnat infestation that came with the soil but I've had those before and the damage look a bit different than this. Also, I have a layer of DE and yellow sticky traps and I've never seen them flying around, just about maybe 8-10 total appearing on the traps over the last 2 weeks.

Also, I'm on a 24/0 schedule which I would be totally willing to put to 18/6 if people think that would help with anything. Also, the plant next to this guy doesn't seem to be nearly as affected. Just a couple spots on like 2 leaves. Anyways that's all I can think of right now. Thanks in advance for any help!

Deficiency of some kind in hybrid in soil
Deficiency of some kind in hybrid in soil 2
Deficiency of some kind in hybrid in soil 3

PK1

PK1

Supporter
you forgot to mention if its a auto or photoperiod. I am assuming that it is auto since its under 24h. However, plants do need rest as well even if their autos imo
@growsince79 can help you get this back on track

B

Beatkeeper

you forgot to mention if its a auto or photoperiod. I am assuming that it is auto since its under 24h. However, plants do need rest as well even if their autos imo
@growsince79 can help you get this back on track
Not auto

PK1

PK1

Supporter
i would put it at 18/6 to allow resting time. I think you have a potassium deficiency, but i could be wrong as I sometimes mistake it with Magnesium

Top Bottom