Deficiency? Or a pH lock out?

• Thread starter Brenden302
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
StoneyMahoney

StoneyMahoney

Never thought about that to be honestly, it's a valued point though! I'll do some research maybe try a different nutrient line, or maybe even try super soil, hear that is just water and forget nutrient, sounds to good to be true though
I wouldn't know, never tried...but let us know if you try it out 🙂

Pushrod Monkey

Pushrod Monkey

If your genetics suck it doesn’t matter the brand of nutes. You’re not going to make a silk purse from a sow’s ear. Run good genetics and you can use AN Jungle Juice or GH original trio and, if you know what you’re doing, you’ll get top shelf.

Brenden302

Brenden302

Another first time grower question, I got the yellowing under control plants are happy, but I can't read the thricomes at all, I can't tell if there clear or not there's just tons. If you don't mind take a look and if you can tell me if I'm close or how long you think I have left?

I see like some amber in there but idk if that's a reflection??

IMG 20211009 131807
IMG 20211009 133439
IMG 20211009 133529
IMG 20211009 132249
IMG 20211009 132418
IMG 20211009 132445
IMG 20211009 131757

IMG 20211009 131749
IMG 20211009 131739

Brenden302

Brenden302

Just an update, they seem happier now and healthy! Just been watering a gallon and a half a day, with bloom nutrients every feeding, and they seem to be happy now!
IMG 20211013 210438
IMG 20211013 210445
IMG 20211013 210450

grnmtn

grnmtn

I checked them today, and it seems it's slowly still getting worse on both plants even after a flush and adding the nutrients after that about 2 days ago, yellowing starts at the middle of leaf and outwards, I pH my water Everytime, idk what else I could try, I nutrient burnt them in the past trying to feed every other day, I'm getting so frustrated my grow was smooth till now and nothing I do is helping, I'm afraid I'm going to lose them and all the buds on them

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

Idk I'm gonna say ditch the tiger bloom all together seen many ppl have issues with it. The P level is imo waaay to high and its very common to see it cause the PH of the media to plumet like a rock.

Brenden302

Brenden302

Idk I'm gonna say ditch the tiger bloom all together seen many ppl have issues with it. The P level is imo waaay to high and its very common to see it cause the PH of the media to plumet like a rock.
Really? Even checking run off and it's stable?

Brenden302

Brenden302

Not sure if anyone is following this still but I'll update it, I'm now at 10ml of tiger bloom a gallon and Big bloom 15ml , I water them daily with 1.25 gallons and nutes every time, they eat the water up fast.

seems my original issue is now resolved, here's some pictures of my plants now! So if anyone having this issue up your nutrients and don't starve the plant!!

IMG 20211020 205148
IMG 20211020 205154
IMG 20211020 205201
IMG 20211020 205205
IMG 20211020 205223
IMG 20211020 205231

IMG 20211020 205131

IMG 20211020 205223
Brenden302

Brenden302

If anyone can give advice that'd be great here's my plan, I know I don't have any thricome pictures, but I'm going to start flushing them this Monday and chop them on Saturday next weekend, would you think there good for a week flush now? They've faded quite a bit.

IMG 20211104 220133
IMG 20211104 220138
IMG 20211104 220154
PUjkOY3

TSD

TSD

They look great! Definitely in the window, another week of fresh water and I bet they'd be about perfect... probably could push even longer if you wanted, but that's personal preference, I like a more upbeat buzz so I usually leave a good bit of white hairs, some people like all ripe hairs and the couchlock zone. They've plumped up beautifully since your last pics! I usually do plain water for a week then starve for a week so they use all that water... but outdoor is different, probably wouldn't want to starve of water more than a couple days in fabric pots, maybe an indoor grower will chime in... that's not even necessary really, I just find it helps kickstart your drying process. Mostly just the ranting of my wake and bake and coffee time.🤣

FuriousStyles

FuriousStyles

Looking like you are going to have a nice harvest! Congrats!

Something to consider moving forward. Just looking at the leaves on the plants it looks like there is a Mg issue. In the last picture in particular its really visible. See how the leaves have the really green main vein all the way to the top of the plant. That is a good sign that P is on point. That deep green with the yellowing around it is also a really good indicator the Mg is off. It doesn't look like a N problem, the bottoms still look green. Get yourself a small bag of Epsom Salt (1-2tblsp per gallon). Using just Epsom Salt infused water is safe while "flushing" the plant as you wait for them to finish in the next 2 or 3 weeks. The plant will still use up what's left in the soil since it's not adding any N, P, or K to what's already there.

Congrats again! Looks like you will have plenty of smoke while you wait for your next round!

Brenden302

Brenden302

Looking like you are going to have a nice harvest! Congrats!

Something to consider moving forward. Just looking at the leaves on the plants it looks like there is a Mg issue. In the last picture in particular its really visible. See how the leaves have the really green main vein all the way to the top of the plant. That is a good sign that P is on point. That deep green with the yellowing around it is also a really good indicator the Mg is off. It doesn't look like a N problem, the bottoms still look green. Get yourself a small bag of Epsom Salt (1-2tblsp per gallon). Using just Epsom Salt infused water is safe while "flushing" the plant as you wait for them to finish in the next 2 or 3 weeks. The plant will still use up what's left in the soil since it's not adding any N, P, or K to what's already there.

Congrats again! Looks like you will have plenty of smoke while you wait for your next round!
Thank you! I have tons of epsom salt to clean my bongs so I'll add some in the flush period! I didn't add any cal-mag products during the whole grow this time, maybe my next grow I'll add just a little to my nutrient line.

I'm hoping to get a good haul!!! It's my first grow so I'm proud of it so far!

Brenden302

Brenden302

They look great! Definitely in the window, another week of fresh water and I bet they'd be about perfect... probably could push even longer if you wanted, but that's personal preference, I like a more upbeat buzz so I usually leave a good bit of white hairs, some people like all ripe hairs and the couchlock zone. They've plumped up beautifully since your last pics! I usually do plain water for a week then starve for a week so they use all that water... but outdoor is different, probably wouldn't want to starve of water more than a couple days in fabric pots, maybe an indoor grower will chime in... that's not even necessary really, I just find it helps kickstart your drying process. Mostly just the ranting of my wake and bake and coffee time.🤣
Thank you for the response! I'm not looking for a full couch lock effect I see some ambers now on the buds not sugar leaves, So I figure a week will get it in the perfect zone, well hopefully still learning this part haha.

I probably won't starve them, but before I do chop and trim to dry do I let the soil dry up then chop? Or does that even matter?

FuriousStyles

FuriousStyles

Thank you for the response! I'm not looking for a full couch lock effect I see some ambers now on the buds not sugar leaves, So I figure a week will get it in the perfect zone, well hopefully still learning this part haha.

I probably won't starve them, but before I do chop and trim to dry do I let the soil dry up then chop? Or does that even matter?
Not trying to overstep here, just throwing this out there. If the plants are really almost done they will stop using water themselves. Just to experiment, because you are already at the finish line, stop watering them or cut it in half. Then observe how the plants react. I have had some that go the last couple weeks never needing another drop and others that still used it up, telling me they are still up taking nutrients. Think about it this way, you have nothing to lose now, your harvest is going to be good and will give you what you want, but you can still learn a lot for your next round. Especially when you chop it and feel how light or heavy the root mass is in the spent pot of soil.

Brenden302

Brenden302

Not trying to overstep here, just throwing this out there. If the plants are really almost done they will stop using water themselves. Just to experiment, because you are already at the finish line, stop watering them or cut it in half. Then observe how the plants react. I have had some that go the last couple weeks never needing another drop and others that still used it up, telling me they are still up taking nutrients. Think about it this way, you have nothing to lose now, your harvest is going to be good and will give you what you want, but you can still learn a lot for your next round. Especially when you chop it and feel how light or heavy the root mass is in the spent pot of soil.
Thank you for the reply! I'll try not watering and see how it goes and check soil daily!

Your absolutely correct I won't lose anything now at this rate so I can experiment if I want

Top Bottom