Deficiency? Or Normal?

• Thread starter WhiteBoyWill
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
WhiteBoyWill

WhiteBoyWill

I went to check on my plants yesterday morning and noticed the new growth leaves seem pretty yellow at all the new growth. but it also seems to look like as they get older the start to turn a very health normal green from the edges inward. They are in soil that was in the ground that has been a brush patch for a long time and havent added any nutes other then microbe tea. Any ideas of what this could be or if its normal would be a great help.

Deficiency or normal
Deficiency or normal 2
Deficiency or normal 3
Deficiency or normal 4
Deficiency or normal 5
Deficiency or normal 6
Deficiency or normal 7
Deficiency or normal 8
Jimster

Jimster

Supporter
Things are fine. When plants grow, the foliage is always a light green at the centers and turns a darker green when it grows in a little more. I usually see it when the plants are growing quickly, like after a dose of fertilizer. You are in good shape and things look good.

WhiteBoyWill

WhiteBoyWill

Thanks dude I appreciate the peace of mind. I noticed it on my morning walk through and wanted to make sure It wasn't something serious that I haven't ran into before being this is my first outdoor run and first run growing in the ground.

Things are fine. When plants grow, the foliage is always a light green at the centers and turns a darker green when it grows in a little more. I usually see it when the plants are growing quickly, like after a dose of fertilizer. You are in good shape and things look good.

Beachwalker

Beachwalker

I went to check on my plants yesterday morning and noticed the new growth leaves seem pretty yellow at all the new growth. but it also seems to look like as they get older the start to turn a very health normal green from the edges inward. They are in soil that was in the ground that has been a brush patch for a long time and havent added any nutes other then microbe tea. Any ideas of what this could be or if its normal would be a great help.
I could be wrong because it's not that common outdoors, but maybe look up iron deficiency, if only to eliminate the possibility?
Screenshot 20190626 100202 Google

WhiteBoyWill

WhiteBoyWill

Im going to wait one more day to see what going on. If it doesn't clear up after the rain storm tomorrow I will be giving it a feeding of micro nutes and hopefully it fixes it.

FrankieG

FrankieG

Azomite is a great amendment you can water right in your soil, will give the soil a good dose of trace minerals. They look pretty good, and I would agree that new growth can come in lighter in color, but you've got a little yellowing on some of the larger leaves and that has me leaning deficiency. Try the Azomite and water in some epsom salts, should see the results in a matter of days.

mancorn

mancorn

I'd say you have a problem as this doesn't look like normal new growth. But an iron deficiency has the veins staying green and the area in between yellowing. This looks to be the opposite with the veins yellowing. Has it been cold? If so maybe a nitrogen uptake issue. (Plant looks super green on the older leaves, so would think it has enough.) How's your soil? (Looks like clay). Also you seem to have a lot of dark and white spots on some of the other leaves, have you been spraying anything on the plant? What have you been feeding it?

Edit: Reread your post and now see that you haven't been fertilizing, just tea. Apply a balanced fertilizer. Have no idea what's in your tea, but normally teas are used to feed microbes, which are attracted to the root exudates, which attract bigger microbes that eat the fungi and bacteria and produce waste that plants can readily absorb. The tea is used to increase microbes, not supply the nutrients that your plants need.

Last edited:
Top Bottom