Deficiency or something else? Help!

• Thread starter KingRookie
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
K

KingRookie

Deficiency or something else help

Is this a deficiency problem or something else?

jguit

jguit

Supporter
Looks like you went heavy on the nitrogen (dark green leaves). As for the spots, have you checked for pests? I've never encountered that before.

Last edited:
K

KingRookie

Those spots have to be pests, have a look on the underside of the leaf I'm pretty sure you'll see sm black spots moving
This was my first thought too but I haven’t seen anything. If it helps any the tips of the leaves turned brown on a couple others

jguit

jguit

Supporter
The tips could be an entirely different issue. It looks like you've been feeding heavily. Could be nutrient burn but the yellow spots are suspect.

steamroller

steamroller

Look into leaf septoria to hopefully rule that out .

F

FutureFarmer

I am unsure if that is pests my friend. I am a relatively new grower but I have made plenty of mistakes in the beginning. I had this happen to me actually. It looks like you did go heavy on the nitrogen but that leads me to believe this is more of a "nutrient lockout" issue for you. Those symptoms seem to be definitive of calcium and magnesium lockouts, but you should look at potassium deficiency too. A lot of those minerals are slow to move through the root system to the plants. If you over fed in the veg stage or didn't provide enough CalMag.....it is possible that one nutrient over feeding could block out the rest of your much needed minerals. Too much nitrogen seems to have locked out your calcium, magnesium, and potentially potassium. Me personally, your late in the grow it appears from what I can see, flush it HARD, and move forward. Go back to the board with your nutrients if you grow this strain again and reduce the amount of ferts your using or half the amount to watch and grow from this. It's the best I could suggest buddy as their are just too many variables when it comes to deficiencies. Again....I dont think that this is pests and you were correct in that matter. Brown tips come from excess nitrogen btw, then tips point down, then they bear claw and your leaves get shiny. These are the symptoms of nitrogen toxicity. -----> Led to lockout. (If your using reverse osmosis water. Add CalMag to replenish those minerals lost in osmosis and/or increase your CalMag and lower your Nitrogen amounts.) Backs to the drawing board on ferts brother

Latest posts

Top Bottom