deficiency problem?

• Thread starter budboy299
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
budboy299

budboy299

Hi gang...this one has me a little stumped.

From the deficiency guide it almost looks like a boron dificiency. I think thats a pretty rare occurance though so I may be way off base.

Hydro nutes
res temp is 68 - 70 degrees
DWC with 3 gallon res
rain water to start with ppm of 90
veg nutes were 1100 which includes the start of 90
flow nutes were 1050 which includes the start of 90
Ph varies between 5.6 and swings to 7.0 every couple days (won't hold its ph, poss. because of airstones)

nutes are a A and B mix together type. I am running at aprox 85% of their recommended mixing strength.
400w hps light

any other thoughts on this?
Although it doesn't look to me to be an MG difficiency...I do know that MJ loves is magnesium.
Could it be that with the rain water start it does not have enough Mg or Cal within the mix?

thanks all

Deficiency problem
budboy299

budboy299

almost forgot to mention...the color is almost copper and it is between the veins.

thanks again

G

Guano

You should always add some Cal-Mag when using rainwater or RO.A small amount of micro nutes would probably also be beneficial.

P

ProGroWannabe

Guano is right on point as usual! I don't know which Micro that your plants aren't getting, but I can tell you that he's right about the Cal-Mag. Another awesome product for micros is Earth Juice Microblast....lots of micros.

H

hererisssh

Premium Member
Supporter
Good advice fellas. You probably answered your own question BB. How old is the plant and how long have you been using the rainwater? If it's been more than a couple of weeks that you've been using rainwater that's most likely it. You could have a sensitive plant that's freaking at 7.0 ph too. Lockout can do strange things.

I'd flush with something like FloraKleen then start back using Cal/Mag as long as you use the rain.

budboy299

budboy299

I agree with you guys ...I think its the Mg and possibly Calcium.
I had a few babies in soil that I transferred into DWC about 3 weeks ago. It was from that point that I started using the rainwater. So it has taken that long for the stored nutes to be used up and no with the rainwater its not getting them and slowly showing the signs. I've had to order Cal-Mag off the internet as my local shop is out of it (and hugely expensive), is there anything I can add till it arrives in a week?
I've added Epsom salts years ago but I cant for the life of me remember how much without it being toxic. Any ideas? thanks

P

ProGroWannabe

..........I've added Epsom salts years ago but I cant for the life of me remember how much without it being toxic. Any ideas? thanks

As best I can remember the usual dose is 1 tsp per gallon.

40AmpstoFreedom

As best I can remember the usual dose is 1 tsp per gallon.

Yea, I read multiple threads on this and most say 1tsp-1 tbs there was no consensus on amount but no one used less or more than those dosages.

I used 1tbs this go around I think for 2-3 wateringsto help prevent salt build up spread throughout flowering and had no adverse effects it seemed.

budboy299

budboy299

Thanks guys...I'll try 1tsp/gallon for now, just to make due temporarily till the Cal-mag gets here.

I am guessing that the 1tsp/gallon is fine for hydro? or did you just mean for soil grows?

H

hererisssh

Premium Member
Supporter
That's exactly how I use it in hydro bb.

budboy299

budboy299

Thanks guys...epsoms going in tonight
1 tsp/gallon

I appreciate the help

Latest posts

Top Bottom