Deficiency?

• Thread starter TheKoreanKid
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
JWM2

JWM2

Premium Member
Supporter
No worries bro. I wasn’t trying to lecture you or anything just posting the scenario as I see it. I’d never berate anyone for how they grow, ever. It’s your grow. I wouldn’t tell someone how to run their business, live their life or grow their plants. I will offer suggestions and feedback but I’m not always right and I know that. I just offer advice based on my own experiences.

So no worries bro. You’re doing ok. Keep working at it and it’ll click and you’ll look back and laugh at your mistakes in the rear view mirror :-)

T

TheKoreanKid

No worries bro. I wasn’t trying to lecture you or anything just posting the scenario as I see it. I’d never berate anyone for how they grow, ever. It’s your grow. I wouldn’t tell someone how to run their business, live their life or grow their plants. I will offer suggestions and feedback but I’m not always right and I know that. I just offer advice based on my own experiences.

So no worries bro. You’re doing ok. Keep working at it and it’ll click and you’ll look back and laugh at your mistakes in the rear view mirror :)
For sure. My plan is to first get growing in soil down over a year or more then switch to hydro. I've got a plan in mind to build a false wall in one of my pretty large storage rooms to have a secret grow room. My family would disown me if they knew I like to partake in smoking cannabis. I believe in living how you want and not trying to live up to others standards, but only up to an extent.

JWM2

JWM2

Premium Member
Supporter
Ya know I’ve been growing since 2001 and I’ve never wanted to do hydro. Sure the yield is attractive but at what cost? I don’t want weed grown in a lab. My goals are best flavor, good potency and clean smoke. If yield was a top priority I would do hydro for sure. I’m not knocking anyone who does hydro it’s just not one of my priorities at this stage of my life. Maximum flavor usually comes from dirt. There’s gold in them there hills.

T

TheKoreanKid

Ya know I’ve been growing since 2001 and I’ve never wanted to do hydro. Sure the yield is attractive but at what cost? I don’t want weed grown in a lab. My goals are best flavor, good potency and clean smoke. If yield was a top priority I would do hydro for sure. I’m not knocking anyone who does hydro it’s just not one of my priorities at this stage of my life. Maximum flavor usually comes from dirt. There’s gold in them there hills.
There's gold in them there hills!! Hahaha

TheOutlier

TheOutlier

Soil is nectar for the gods #8
I mixed with:
3 cups of worm castings
3tbs bat guano
2 tbs lime
1/2 cup gypsum
4 cups ground alfalfa

For watering
1 tbs molasses
1/2 tbs liquid kelp
1/4 tbs bat guano
1/4 cup alfalfa
I let this steep overnight.

I was told to do 3 days of regular water then 1 day of nutrient feed.
twice a week may be too much for some phenos at that size if you are using a high N guano. that is all soluble N and they are small containers. cut back on the amount of soluble see what gives. 1/4tbs is not allot but how huch water you adding it to ? may be too concentrated if she is a light feeder compared to the rest. this is why i don't buy premade soil anymore to because you really have no idea what your baseline is nute wise and you cannot undo it easily if it is hot
i didn't read the whole thread sorry if i repeated ppl

T

TheKoreanKid

twice a week may be too much for some phenos at that size if you are using a high N guano. that is all soluble N and they are small containers. cut back on the amount of soluble see what gives. 1/4tbs is not allot but how huch water you adding it to ? may be too concentrated if she is a light feeder compared to the rest. this is why i don't buy premade soil anymore to because you really have no idea what your baseline is nute wise and you cannot undo it easily if it is hot
i didn't read the whole thread sorry if i repeated ppl
That is going into about 2 gal water

T

TheKoreanKid

seems about right. but like i was saying some plants are light feeders compared to the others so she may be an outlier in that respect. keep us posted brutha. good luck
ive got my gopro setup taking a pic every 60 seconds, been fun watching it at the end of the light cycle for the day. I will post the vid at the end of my grow

chemistry

chemistry

I know its not natural light, just a pic from my gopro time laps. look at insane difference between these plants, the small ones sprouted a few days after the ones not in solo cups. why they so different?

Your seeds may be from the same strain, but not the same plant.

Smoking Gun

Smoking Gun

Btw I’m not trying to contradict you or anything at all, he has pm’d me a few times to ask for pointers. I did not tell him to do as he has done though. But that’s why I had a little more info than what has been posted here. And why I did a little more research as I was curious about that soil mix as I had no idea NFTG had soil mixes.

For the record you grow circles around me, hehe. Just wanted to make sure you knew I wasn’t trying to step on your toes bro :)

You are at the other end of the block compared to my toes, and I would never say that I grow circles around you. Look at my current grow, I am seeing plenty of problems with my girls. Your advice is every bit as good as mine, and I am never going to be mad at you sharing knowledge and experience.

And I swear I am not trying to blow off any of the advice you have given me! You can lead a horse to water, but you cant make it drink lol.
I am doing my best to apply different things of different people's advice on the matter.
I am out of the country for the next 20 days so I have given a close friend instructions written out as how to take care of them while I am gone. I FULLY expect to come home to dead plants, I will just have to order some seeds when I get home and do it right. I will order some starting soil like you have suggested. As for the full on grow portion, what soil mix would you tell me to use?
Thanks for all the help everyone!

I hope those instructions are give plain water only as needed. It’s one thing for you to mix up nutes but to have someone else do it I say a whole other thing. I was once asked to watch a friends plants for a week, even with experience I was nervous about making sure the nutes were on point and I wasn’t over-doing it; and that was with written instructions. I know that in my grows I might make slight adjustments that don’t fall in line with normal regimen, based upon what I am seeing from my plants. If I were to let anyone else handle my plants, so I would give a top dressing before going away and just have the other person give plain water. But that is just me.

Sam for what soil to use, I like Happy a Frog from Fox Farm. It has enough nutes for young plants without burning them. More mature plant seeds will need additional nutrients applied but that allows the grower to feed the plants as they see fit. It can also be easily amended without getting it too hot. But as I started with, it can be a soil where young plants will be happy for about 2-3 weeks from seed, and then feeding can begin from there.

T

TheKoreanKid

You are at the other end of the block compared to my toes, and I would never say that I grow circles around you. Look at my current grow, I am seeing plenty of problems with my girls. Your advice is every bit as good as mine, and I am never going to be mad at you sharing knowledge and experience.

I hope those instructions are give plain water only as needed. It’s one thing for you to mix up nutes but to have someone else do it I say a whole other thing. I was once asked to watch a friends plants for a week, even with experience I was nervous about making sure the nutes were on point and I wasn’t over-doing it; and that was with written instructions. I know that in my grows I might make slight adjustments that don’t fall in line with normal regimen, based upon what I am seeing from my plants. If I were to let anyone else handle my plants, so I would give a top dressing before going away and just have the other person give plain water. But that is just me.

Sam for what soil to use, I like Happy a Frog from Fox Farm. It has enough nutes for young plants without burning them. More mature plant seeds will need additional nutrients applied but that allows the grower to feed the plants as they see fit. It can also be easily amended without getting it too hot. But as I started with, it can be a soil where young plants will be happy for about 2-3 weeks from seed, and then feeding can begin from there.
I imagine you put perlite in there as well? What ratio do you put in there?

S

Skipo

63244998 832D 4B5C 8B95 C3F8522BCB3C

S

Skipo

What’s going on with these 2 in the back? The medium isn’t dry and they are the only 2 to exhibit these characteristics. It’s getting close to lights out, but this was taken about 2 hours ago. Shouldn’t they be standing taller than that?

S

Skipo

What’s going on with these 2 in the back? The medium isn’t dry and they are the only 2 to exhibit these characteristics. It’s getting close to lights out, but this was taken about 2 hours ago. Shouldn’t they be standing taller than that?
The 2 in the back are differen than the ones in front that look fine

Latest posts

Top Bottom