Deficient but can’t tell what it might be.. Help a brotha out

• Thread starter bankcee
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
bankcee

bankcee

thought for a while i had an over fertilization problem as i had upped my lucas formula from 25% to full strength within a week or two max. they were probably too small and i think I simply burned them. however, i cut back to 50% strength. and i’m noticing the tips getting dark green and eventually burning completely and causing some browning/crusting areas. I’m in promix hp with like 30% perlite added. Obviously lucas formula with some additives. Additives are rhizo blast and protekt.. half strength is at about 500 on a .5. i’m in tap water pom’s are about 250ish. so it takes my feed to like 750. some pics for you guys to see.. let me know what you think. outdoor under full sun.
Deficient but cant tell what it might be help a brotha out
Deficient but cant tell what it might be help a brotha out 2
Deficient but cant tell what it might be help a brotha out 3

bankcee

bankcee

any other questions, i’ll answer to the best of my knowledge.

bankcee

bankcee

damn, the farm sucks now! fixed the issue, i hope at least ✌🏽

savagemonk

savagemonk

I see purple/red stems for some fan leaves. That’s a sign of general stress and or nutrient uptake deficiency. Assuming your pH is dialed in I would guess you over fertilized and caused a lockout for a particular nutrient. Maybe Phosphorous. I would flush with 6.5 pH water. Let it come close to dry before feeding 50% your veg formula. So your basically resetting things and trying again with your choice of feed, concentration and frequency. Maybe try feeding every 2nd or even 3rd water.

bankcee

bankcee

thanks man!! sound good, i’ll flush tomorrow. could i possibly take a soil slurry test to check ph in medium as well?

bankcee

bankcee

I see purple/red stems for some fan leaves. That’s a sign of general stress and or nutrient uptake deficiency. Assuming your pH is dialed in I would guess you over fertilized and caused a lockout for a particular nutrient. Maybe Phosphorous. I would flush with 6.5 pH water. Let it come close to dry before feeding 50% your veg formula. So your basically resetting things and trying again with your choice of feed, concentration and frequency. Maybe try feeding every 2nd or even 3rd water.

thanks man!! sound good, i’ll flush tomorrow. could i possibly take a soil slurry test to check ph in medium as well?

savagemonk

savagemonk

Yes although I would just raise the plant pot on two buckets and hold my pH meter below the runoff. Once it reads 6.5 you can stop.
“When in doubt, flush it out”

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

New plant new to outdoor?

Looks like leaves were sitting on the soil with water at one point?

Looks underwatered but hard to tell with this pics. Back up a bit and take full plant shots.

Top Bottom