Defoliate fan leaves on 3 week old plant

• Thread starter LakerGang89
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
LakerGang89

LakerGang89

Hi guys. I just transplanted my two girls into 3 gallon fabric pots after making the mistake of putting them in a pot too small for them. My second girl seems like she will be fine. My biggest girl is having some issues. Can I defoliate her fan leaves touching the soil at the bottom? I haven’t given them full blow nutrients yet. For now all they get is Fox Farm liquid Kelp plant food and Liquid Orca for the bacteria and fungi. Will my girls bounce back? Thanks for all you guys help.

Defoliate fan leaves on 3 week old plant
Defoliate fan leaves on 3 week old plant 2
RealizedReal000

RealizedReal000

Just make sure you water after transplant to make sure the roots fill the pot.

LakerGang89

LakerGang89

Just make sure you water after transplant to make sure the roots fill the pot.
I watered with the liquid orca mixed in but idk if I did too less or too much. I’m new to fabric pots. I used to water my plastic pots until the water ran out the bottom.

RealizedReal000

RealizedReal000

Are you going organic or synthetic? If organic then don’t allow run off but if your going synthetic I water till 15-20 percent run off. Just make sure the entire pot is saturated.

LakerGang89

LakerGang89

Are you going organic or synthetic? If organic then don’t allow run off but if your going synthetic I water till 15-20 percent run off. Just make sure the entire pot is saturated.
I used liquid orca and I’m using Fox farm coco loco. So I’ve been using Fox farm liquid kelp plant food so far. So water these 3 gallon pots until I see run off?

GreenMtnGuru

GreenMtnGuru

To answer your question - yessir.

Letting your leaves touch the medium is a bad gardening habit.

Good habits only for these lovely ladies.

30roll

30roll

They're dry.. That why the leaves have those crinkles..
Just because the pot is heavy doesn't mean the roots are reaching the water..
Just my 2 cents..

Top Bottom